Milani cosmetics line?

amarock

I just got my hands on some Milani eyeshadows and I'm liking them so far - I live in Canada but I had a friend visit the States so she picked up a bunch for me (there was a BOGO1/2 at Walgreens, I believe). As other posters have pointed out, their single eyeshadow pans are comparable to MAC ones (my favourite so far is the colour "Antique Gold"), but you should also try out Milani's Loose Eyeshadow Powder - they are really finely milled and have great staying power. I only own 2 right now - "Golden Green" and "Bronze Dip" - and they're both gorgeous when applied. I am not fond of the container but I can live with it. I can't wait to try more eyeshadow colours... the one colour that my friend couldn't find (but I wanted) was "Mercury" - my hunt is on!
smiles.gif

rainbow

i have not tried Milani Cosmetics but have heard lots of rave about their e/s. m lemming @ the e/s quad - Denim Blue & Earthly Delights. but too bad, this brand is not available in my country. kinda of sad.. sign..
cry.gif
unless i can find CP...

stevoulina

Is there any website where I can view the e/s quads from Milani?I've searched Walgreens and Ulta websites and they're not there yet!

Dreamergirl3

Quick question...for someone like me who currently doesnt have the budget for mac e/s, but still want quality and similar products to Mac, would milani be a great start? TIA!

Brianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
Quick question...for someone like me who currently doesnt have the budget for mac e/s, but still want quality and similar products to Mac, would milani be a great start? TIA!

Milani is excellent - their e/s are only about $3 apiece and they have a pretty good color selection. Some of the shades are really close to what MAC has in their color spectrum.

Caderas

I just received "Atlantis," "Garden Mist," "Flare," && "Spice" a week ago from Ulta.com's 50% off sale. I've tried all of them sooo far and love all of them to death. Too bad they don't have them anywhere around here, but that's why i <3 the internet. I especially love atlantis because it blends well into any other colours i want for me. If you can get your hands on this stuff, buy it!!

Jennifer Mcfly

I love Milani eye shadows. I have a few (Atlantis, Java Bean, Peachy Peach & Shock). I love them all, except Shock, It does nothing for me. But I absolutely adore the others. I've yet to try any lipglosses but I have a blush duo in Cherries on Top and it's awesome! It reminds me of MAC's Frankly Scarlet blush. Milani is totally worth checking out!!!

sallytheragdol

I ADORE Milani. The eyeshadows are fantastic(I have about a dozen) The blush is pigmented, finely milled and absolutely beautiful on(I have Luminous) And the Crystal glosses have an amazing, creamy texture with an incrediably glowy shine(I have Secret and Whisper and love them both).

Fiddlist

I picked up my first Milani e/s yesterday and I am loving them! Such a great buy! I'm just glad they're in my area because it sounds like some people are having a hard time finding them.

I got Storm, Garden Mist, and Sun Goddess.

Veronyca73

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
Mermaid's been discontinued, but ocassionally you might be lucky and find it on store selves. It's just a matter of chance, I guess. If you have livejournal, get in contact with <B>aimeegomeow</B> - last time I checked, the CVS/Walmart in her local area carried Mermaid. I'm not so sure now, but it doesn't hurt to try. ♥

Great news. I called Milani the other day and they still have a limited supply of the discontinued shadows. You have to order them in lots of three (of the same color) and they send them regular Mail shipping. I ordered threse each of the following with my visa:

Mermaid
Deep Desire
Heavenly Pink
Miss Rose

If anyone is interested in getting any of the discontinued shadows, their number is (323) 582-9404 or toll free (866) 789-8002. I should received them in a few days, as I am on virginia and it is coming from cali. I am so excited.

JamericanDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallytheragdol
I ADORE Milani. The eyeshadows are fantastic(I have about a dozen) The blush is pigmented, finely milled and absolutely beautiful on(I have Luminous) And the Crystal glosses have an amazing, creamy texture with an incrediably glowy shine(I have Secret and Whisper and love them both).

Secret and Whisper are definitely 2 of my fave glosses from this line... as well as their Glossy Tubes in Shimmering Glow!!!
eyelove.gif

sigwing

Heavenly Pink is d/c'd? No! I better find some today & get an extra.

Dreamergirl, I posted in the quad topic that the lipliner is excellent, and at least the Storm eyeshadow compares to the MAC Black Tied, pretty much a dead-ringer, but $10 cheaper. Actually $10.51 or $11.01 cheaper.

And I posted what I'd heard from a rep in email that new quads are coming out permanently in Nov-Dec. That will be great!

sigwing

Oh, and they have "Lotta Lip" that I haven't seen in the store yet but ordered on Walgreens.com that is a creamy lip color in a tube with a sponge applicator, the colors I got were a little bright for me, but trying it on it seems like a great product when it reaches stores. There's also "Lotta Lash" mascara that I bought but haven't opened yet.

PhonyBaloney500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronyca73
Great news. I called Milani the other day and they still have a limited supply of the discontinued shadows. You have to order them in lots of three (of the same color) and they send them regular Mail shipping. I ordered threse each of the following with my visa:

Mermaid
Deep Desire
Heavenly Pink
Miss Rose

If anyone is interested in getting any of the discontinued shadows, their number is (323) 582-9404 or toll free (866) 789-8002. I should received them in a few days, as I am on virginia and it is coming from cali. I am so excited.

Soo what do these colors look like?

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallytheragdol

could you perhaps make a swatch of Secret & Whisper l/g...i'm always tempted to buy them but i want to see what they look like on the lips.

I like the eyeshadows. I have also tried the lipgloss but didn't like the sugary smell. Many of the eyeshadows have great quality. I like Garden Mist, Mercury, Silver Bullet. There are a couple don't show up as well but for less that $3 bucks each you can try every eyeshadow and decide which ones you like
smiles.gif
And you can always put them in MAC palettes to keep them organized.

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
could you perhaps make a swatch of Secret & Whisper l/g...i'm always tempted to buy them but i want to see what they look like on the lips.

Whisper in my opinion is the less sticky version of MACs C-Thru.