My MAC POSTCARD COLLECTION from 1994 with photos!

airrinleah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB
and another rare one of Ru Paul with K D Lang and Frank (I don't know who Frank is!) spelling out Viva Glam as well!!

Frank Toscan is one of the founders of MAC :)

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by airrinleah
Frank Toscan is one of the founders of MAC :)

THANKYOU!! for telling me this!! I will make the change on the info.
smiles.gif

FlaLadyB

My latest addition -Eden Rocks with Chair from 2001- this has been next to impossible to find!

EDENROCKS22001.jpg

MissVanessa

Wow! Your collection has inspired me to start collecting postcards. They're next to impossible to find here though. There's only one mac counter in my whole city and two in my whole state.
ssad.gif

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVanessa
Wow! Your collection has inspired me to start collecting postcards. They're next to impossible to find here though. There's only one mac counter in my whole city and two in my whole state.
ssad.gif

I would say 99% of my cards - anything before Aug of 2005- has been purchased from others- not gotten from the counters. It's an expensive habit to say the least, but every time I get another new one it's like Christmas in July!
smiles.gif

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by petitsinge
o_O amazing amazing collection!

::jealous::
eyelove.gif

THANK YOU!! I am forever adding....and never adding up the costs! LOL!!!
smiles.gif

MissVanessa

I have another question... Are the postcards only available at the MAC stores, or can you find them at the counters too? Do they go pretty fast if they have them at the counters? I mean, am I going to have to show up on the first day a collection comes out to get a postcard? I'm still trying to get my first postcard!!

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVanessa
I have another question... Are the postcards only available at the MAC stores, or can you find them at the counters too? Do they go pretty fast if they have them at the counters? I mean, am I going to have to show up on the first day a collection comes out to get a postcard? I'm still trying to get my first postcard!!

The postcards usually come out at ANY MAC counter when a new collection opens. Every collection does not have a postcard. Some collections have a postcard AND something that only comes in the mail (mailer)- the mailer is always different than the counter card. Confused yet? LOL!! All of them are free- at that time.
All too often for us that collect, a collection opens, there is no card available here, but one shows up somewhere-like Ebay- for sale. Never released in the US.

Now there ARE special collections that ONLY certain stores have -like the upcoming Patternmaker is a NORDSTROM EXCLUSIVE. That means NOBODY but Nordstrom will have the cards, the products or anything.
That also happens with SAKS and sometimes BLOOMINGDALES.

As for your question about how fast do they go at the counter? They depends on how many the counter gets and how many people want one..or more, at the time. My suggestion is to look thru the list of openings coming up (there are in here on specktra somewhere) and check (CALL) your local store/s to see who has a card in as well. Sometimes they don't get everything in on time.

MissVanessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB
The postcards usually come out at ANY MAC counter when a new collection opens. Every collection does not have a postcard. Some collections have a postcard AND something that only comes in the mail (mailer)- the mailer is always different than the counter card. Confused yet? LOL!! All of them are free- at that time.
All too often for us that collect, a collection opens, there is no card available here, but one shows up somewhere-like Ebay- for sale. Never released in the US.

Now there ARE special collections that ONLY certain stores have -like the upcoming Patternmaker is a NORDSTROM EXCLUSIVE. That means NOBODY but Nordstrom will have the cards, the products or anything.
That also happens with SAKS and sometimes BLOOMINGDALES.

As for your question about how fast do they go at the counter? They depends on how many the counter gets and how many people want one..or more, at the time. My suggestion is to look thru the list of openings coming up (there are in here on specktra somewhere) and check (CALL) your local store/s to see who has a card in as well. Sometimes they don't get everything in on time.

Aw, Thanks! I went to my MAC counter today, and asked if they had any postcards, and she said that they just ran out of Lure cards yesterday. I was so upset! At least I know my counter has them for a while. I'll manage to get myself to a Nordstroms for Patternmaker, and hopefully then I can get my first postcard. Thanks for the help!

FlaLadyB

MissVanessa...send me your address in a private message and I will send you a lure card and a couple more to get ya started
smiles.gif

i never even knew that there were so many postcards out there...i officially envy you. Id kill for ROCK IT from 2004 and the Sulthree Glamour from Singapore card.
eyelove.gif
.your collection in wonderful

Latest posts