NARS Fall 2010

Mabelle

i just got the testers for this one in. GORGEOUS!!!
But there was only 1 duo in the tester box.
The blue eyeliner was SO nice.
Daphne es is a total showstopper.
The Charteuse colour is very nice, but quite muted.
The chocolate brown is very rich looking. Looks like a satin texture. No sparkle, shimmer or frost that i saw.

The glosses were DELISH looking.

The blush was a big old meh.

The red lippie is a dark brick red. looked very cute.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Some Murales have it and some don't. The list is not very accurate. We have Nars at both of the Murales in Ottawa. That's usually where I get mine

Oh ok thanks! I'm really hoping the Toronto location will have it but i'm going to call tomorrow.

Kelly78

I got both duos and the blush. The duos are stunning - just gorgeous. The blush is nice, but not spectacular. I'm about NW20-25 and it's a very subtle blush on me, similar to the Perfect Cheek or Blooming.

Mabelle

^ i thought of the perfect cheek when i saw it. i hardly reach for that one, so i figure ill skip the nars one

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly78
I got both duos and the blush. The duos are stunning - just gorgeous. The blush is nice, but not spectacular. I'm about NW20-25 and it's a very subtle blush on me, similar to the Perfect Cheek or Blooming.

Can you please post pics/swatches if you're able to? I would love to see them! I'm NC20 so i hope these will all suit me. Also, does the blush have any shimmer in it or is it more matte?

User38

lol @ me with The perfect cheek.. I love that blush for me.. so I did buy the new NARS blush.. as a dupe replacement for a totally neutral blush. I got so used to MAC's Strada and a pop of pink/fuschia on top that this seemed to be just the thing for me
smiles.gif
.. I also bought Daphne since my experience with MUFE 92 was a bit hellacious (It tinted my eyelids in a fuschia/lavender shade after I took it off!)
smiles.gif

HOTasFCUK

^How would you describe the blush? Someone posted a swatch on another site and it looked shimmery but many people were saying its not IRL.

Mabelle

I played with Daphne today and its very ncie. it looks almost exactly like mufe 92, but a bit darker.
The chocolate brown is grog.
i swatched the awua eyeliner, and it is very pretty. and awsome summer colour.

im still waiting on my gondola update so i can put this baby out!!!

HOTasFCUK

^Can you let us know when this is coming to Sephora Canada? I went there tonight knowing it wasn't going to be there but still had to check LOL

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
^How would you describe the blush? Someone posted a swatch on another site and it looked shimmery but many people were saying its not IRL.

soft, matte pink/brownish.. not dark at all so not good for darker skins. other than that, NARS pigmentation is excellent as usual but not shimmery... it makes for a very natural flush.
yes.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmae17
Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

Nars tzarine eyeshadow, then lulu for comparison and daphne. I'm in love!

to me, Daphne is the crown jewel of this collection. I bought it but have not used it yet -- the swatch is almost as perfect as the actual product
cutey.gif

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
to me, Daphne is the crown jewel of this collection. I bought it but have not used it yet -- the swatch is almost as perfect as the actual product
cutey.gif

I have to say Daphne was a little chalky. but when i added the eyeshadow primer it was PERFECT!

Shadowy Lady

somebody said a few pages ago that Murales in Ottawa had this. I called them both and they both said no :/ I'm confused and impatient, lol! Sephora Canada also still doesn't have this, neither does the Bay counter

TheTeenageMuse

My NARS lady at Holts just called to let me know that'll be in sometime this week. (Well the weeks almost done so I don't know about that :S) But anyways I'm going in tonight to discuss with her/put some things aside.

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
^Can you let us know when this is coming to Sephora Canada? I went there tonight knowing it wasn't going to be there but still had to check LOL

Honestly, i cant give you an answer. I got my testers and some product on tuesday (one of the duos was MIA though), but i dont have anything to put it up in yet (the new gondola peice). i dont think i got in much actual product to tell you the truth. Nars is a very very difficult company to deal with. They tend to operate on their own schedule and dont rush to acommidate anyone or help us out. I'm anticipating it will be out by next wednesday... but again, no promises.

Seriously, i love a lot of their products, but imo, the company are all a-holes. Ive been with Sephora since November, never recieved a training on the brand, or any new product launches (primers, illuminator, tint sticks etc), they never send the testers we are missing (and were not allowed to make our own!), their gondola peices are cheap and break. The last time we recieved an update on the whole gondola was prob. march. I would say in april all the graphic strip holders (the plastic peice that holds the price strips) all broke and started fall off. We emailed them to send us new ones and never heard back. So the gondola looks like total crap (broken peices, missing testers, etc). I havent even seen a rep in like 2-3 months. I just find them kind of snotty, like we should feel privilaged when they do show up. So i wouldnt be suprised if i didnt get the peice i need for a while.

Another stupid thing? We got sent albatros lip gloss, but dont have teh blush!! what the hell!

sorry about the nars rant. Love so many of the products, not so much the company.

TheTeenageMuse

@Mabelle - That's exactly what the lady at Sephora seemed to insinuate today. That she's knows just as much as I do. And I did find it odd that I went in to try out funny face but they didn't have a sample. When I suggested they just open one the rep just gave me a 'You don't even want to get me started on that,' type look.

My lady at Holts today was MIA. So I'm just going to check in Tuesday..

Latest posts