NARS Fall 2010

kimmae17

Tzarine, Rajasthan, Daphne, Douceur, strawberry fields!
133753053.jpg

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeenageMuse
@Mabelle - That's exactly what the lady at Sephora seemed to insinuate today. That she's knows just as much as I do. And I did find it odd that I went in to try out funny face but they didn't have a sample. When I suggested they just open one the rep just gave me a 'You don't even want to get me started on that,' type look.

My lady at Holts today was MIA. So I'm just going to check in Tuesday..

seriously, were not allowed, but were being forced to with certain brands, nars included. I dont know whats going on with their shipments, but they send us laguna by the truckload, and nothing else. half our glosses are mia completly. so our tester pannel is empty and there no product... which is annoying. Our VP is coming soon and i certainly hope this mess gets sorted out soon.
And could they pick a worse material for the gondola?! i mean its just begging to eat up as much powder as humanly possible. And at least 3 times a day i find that some bratty kid has finger painted everywhere with the shadows or pencils.

oh my... i need to stop.

HOTasFCUK

Thanks for the swatch kimmae17! Do i need both duos? How are they similar/different? Ahhhh i think i'm still getting both!

I need to call Murale today to see if they got NARS at my location.

TheTeenageMuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
seriously, were not allowed, but were being forced to with certain brands, nars included. I dont know whats going on with their shipments, but they send us laguna by the truckload, and nothing else. half our glosses are mia completly. so our tester pannel is empty and there no product... which is annoying. Our VP is coming soon and i certainly hope this mess gets sorted out soon.
And could they pick a worse material for the gondola?! i mean its just begging to eat up as much powder as humanly possible. And at least 3 times a day i find that some bratty kid has finger painted everywhere with the shadows or pencils.

oh my... i need to stop.

BAHAA. I think you should take everything off the gondola and just put leave Laguna.

p.s I hate small children whose parents don't watch them. I spend half my time in retail amusing them so they don't tear the store apart.

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Thanks for the swatch kimmae17! Do i need both duos? How are they similar/different? Ahhhh i think i'm still getting both!

I need to call Murale today to see if they got NARS at my location.

heres a better picture. I wouldnt say youneed both. I would say Rajasthan is the one to get of the duos. I like it for a smokey eye or for liner. The other one with the lighter color i dont think I will use as much. I reviews them in a vid on youtube, and tried to show how chalky Daphne is.
001.JPG

Mabelle

we got an email 2 days ago. the update SHOULD arrive August 4th.
yes, thats right...

stupid nars.

mac_aiken

I went back and got Tzarine. I couldn't resist that gray. I also picked up the new lipgloss in Luxor (Nordies exclusive color). It is beautiful and looks just like the multiple only in lipgloss form.

Lisianthus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
we got an email 2 days ago. the update SHOULD arrive August 4th.
yes, thats right...

stupid nars.

How long is it from the time the product arrives in the store to when it's put out on the floor at Sephora? I have a GC that I've been saving for this collection.

Mabelle

it depends on the company.
theres no set amount of time.

sometimes it goes out within a few days, sometimes it sits aroynd forever. Generally, we put things out as soon as we have the gondola update, meaning asa we have a spot to put it in. Even if we just have the testers.

Like today, i just did a stila update products were recieved thursday. Gondola was recieved today. Today or tomorrow im doing an complete update on too faced. New products were recieved thursday, new gondola peices were recieved today...
Generally its very quick, but nars is taking there sweet sweet time.

Shadowy Lady

I just picked up Rajasthan from Murale, I seriously love this duo, both sides are so pigmented and rich! I will go back at a later date to get Coconut Groove too.

HOTasFCUK

I think i may just have to pay Murale a visit this weekend! I also got 25% off for the Coach boutique which is there too at Shops @ Don Mills so we'll see if i do any damage!

Nastka

The Fall Collection is now available at Selfridges. I tried Rajastan and Tzarine, and don't know if I should get both. I think I will also get the soft touch pencil in Palladium, since it's such a wonderful, turquoise shade. I'm also contemplating to get Daphne since it would complement my green eyes quite well, but I really don't know if that alone is enough to justify a purchase. I'm a sucker for that promo pic. Her eyes look like the wings of the butterfly!

Mabelle

so, as far as i know, we have no got the update yet. Granted ive been out sick since friday, but i dont think they would deliver on the weekend.

Mabelle

WE PUT OUR UPDATE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9 boxes and 3 hours later and it looks GOREGOUS!!!! we got a complete gondola update. New focus units, new graphic panels, new tester panels, new merchandisers, new EVERYTHING!!!!
Best part? We carry between 25-50% MORE nars now!!!
Problem? they havent sent us most of the new products.
And we're missing the tester pannel for the bronzers.
Typical.

gabi03

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
The colors are gorgeous in that collection! What do you all recommend in this collection?

Coconut Groove is stunning, its a near black brown shade. And Rajasthan duo, if you were to pick between the two. Both sides look really pretty on darker girls, and the lipgloss....omg
th_drool.gif

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Stunning promo pic. Huge improvement over the Spring and Summer 2010 images (I love Amber Valetta, but those images/looks did not inspire me at all)

Yes, the summer collection left a lot to be desired, which is why I didnt get anything/
nope.gif

I have Mangrove e/s, Coconut Grove e/s, Daphne e/s (which is kind of blotchy to me) and Rajasthan duo (I love),

Honey&LemonGirl

^I definitely agree, Daphne was really patchy when applied. Too bad because it looked great in the pan.

But WOW, the Rajasthan duo is gorrrrrgeous. The SA at my Nordies counter told me they were sold out of it, but then she took another look and found the last one! Hurrah!! The blackened blue-green is beautiful, but I'm also really digging the gold-y taupe side as well.
smiles.gif

Latest posts