NARS Makeup Brushes

steaminghot

I was looking to buy some new brushes. I have been using the Mac brush sets. I want to invest in good brushes. I would love any feedback on the new nars brushes. Thank you

katred

Specktra Bestie
I sort of gave them a fondle last week. They honestly don't feel much different than the old ones to me. I found a lot of Nars brushes to be a bit scratchy, other than the Yachiyo, which is special in every way. The design is very elegant and the new ones are cheaper here than the old ones, which is a relief. (Nars brushes used to cost about 50% more in Canada than they did in the US.) I'm curious to try one of them, but I don't know if I'm quite as drawn to them as I am to some others. (I'm really interested in Hourglass' brushes and I'm surprised at how much I'm loving the MUFE ones that came out last year.)

steaminghot

I just ordered 4 brushes. I got the lip, angled eyeliner, brow brush and push eyeliner brush. Should get them next week.

steaminghot

I am only curious about the bronzer brush and how soft it is 
I was hoping I could have felt them and compared them in stores. But there are not a lot of stores that carry Nars. I would have to go downtown Toronto, so I ordered online. Fingers crossed that I like them and they are worth the price.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I just ordered 4 brushes. I got the lip, angled eyeliner, brow brush and push eyeliner brush. Should get them next week.
I found that the eye brushes felt nicer than the face ones in general- other than the Yachiyo, which is my super special friend.

fash

I know it's ebay, and that's kind of just asking for trouble... But what does everyone think of this: http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=251543987171

steaminghot

I know it's ebay, and that's kind of just asking for trouble... But what does everyone think of this: http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=251543987171
I say fake. The short wider contour brush is to small. The real one is about the full size of your palm. Where are the boxes. The don't just come wrapped in plastic. If she is say the are new unused brushes, why would you throw out the box. Im not even sure if they are wrapped in plactic in the box. But when I get mine, I will update you. I would hate to see you lose your money. I got take one eBay before.

fash

I say fake. The short wider contour brush is to small. The real one is about the full size of your palm. Where are the boxes. The don't just come wrapped in plastic. If she is say the are new unused brushes, why would you throw out the box. Im not even sure if they are wrapped in plactic in the box. But when I get mine, I will update you. I would hate to see you lose your money. I got take one eBay before.
Thanks for that, what you said made sense! I have never had a nars brush before so I'm basically a sitting duck :( I am not willing to pay the ridiculous prices of cosmetics in Australia so unfortunately I've had to look at eBay. Any other suggestions??

lucyjoy

I live in Australia too, it sucks! But definitely try kissandmakeupny.com ! I'm not sure if they have the ita brush in stock but they do have nars, laura mercier, smashbox etc at american prices, and shipping is only $10 :) check it out! :)

lucyjoy

Thanks for that, what you said made sense! I have never had a nars brush before so I'm basically a sitting duck
ssad.gif
I am not willing to pay the ridiculous prices of cosmetics in Australia so unfortunately I've had to look at eBay. Any other suggestions??
I live in Australia too, it sucks! But definitely try kissandmakeupny.com ! I'm not sure if they have the ita brush in stock but they do have nars, laura mercier, smashbox etc at american prices, and shipping is only $10 :) check it out! :)

sss215

I was told it's not discontinued but that they are made it small batches or something. I was able to put my name on a waiting list, but who knows whether it's legit?!
I see the Ita brush at counters all the time. Call Lord and Taylor's and Nordstrom stores to check. At one point it became super popular a short time ago (likely because of beauty bloggers) and was sold out everywhere for weeks. Looks like the popularity has toned down a bit. It is on the NARS site now.