NARS Makeup Brushes

Aquamarine1543

I got Mie brush today and here's some review. I'll get Mizubeke brush tomorrow, so I'll post the review about it later on.

Anyway about Mie, it is bigger and denser than Yachiyo and the bristles are also longer than it. I'm a big fan of NARS Kabuki brushes, but I admit they're not that much soft compared to MAC or Shu Uemura brushes and there's no exception this time. But Kabuki brushes are much better than NARS regular brushes which are really crappy but expensive.

When I saw Mie at first, it reminded me of MAC 138 because they look similar. So I compared it with MAC 138 and Yachiyo (on the 2nd pic).
MAC 138 is little bigger and denser than Mie. And of course, 138 is super soft! Definitely much softer than Mie. I really like this brush.
And as you can see, Yachiyo is smaller and fluffier than MIe.
But since Mie is smaller and fluffier than 138, I think it's good for applying blushes (I haven't tried yet) even if NARS said it's a powder brush.

Aquamarine1543

I got Mizubeke brush today.
First of all, I'm disappointed at the size and looks. As you can see, it's much shorter than Yachiyo and looks little crappy.
The shape of the bristles reminds me of MAC 187. It's smaller than 187, but bigger than 188. Plus, it's as fluffy as Yachiyo so it's good for applying blushes just as NARS said.
And the good thing is the bristle is softer than Yachiyo.

ImACraftyNurse

I’m dying to get the Yachiyo and the Ita brush. Just haven’t made the plunge. I hear both good and bad things about the Ita – the negative being that it gets scratchy after a while. Is this true? I don’t want to spend that much on a brush that ends up scratchy. I have such high hopes for it! xoxo

ImACraftyNurse

Does anyone know a good dupe for the Ita brush? I’ve searched but haven’t found anything. I already have the Becca brush and the Eco Tools brush that are similar. xoxo

shellygrrl

Staff member
Does anyone know a good dupe for the Ita brush? I’ve searched but haven’t found anything. I already have the Becca brush and the Eco Tools brush that are similar. xoxo
Rae Morris #4 is a more exact dupe than either of the ones you’ve mentioned. http://raemorris.com/products/brush-4-square-kabuki-1

allthingsglam

f1555470_image.jpeg
adding this nars brush set to my chirstmas wish list

aradhana

I just bought the ita yesterday. I'm not sure I was particularly wowed by my first trial today, but maybe I just need to play a little but. The sales assistant mentioned it could also be used on eyelids..not sure what kinda look that would be for.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Some NARS products are up to 50% off at HQhair and Lookfanastic! I ordered the Cream e/s Blending Brush. Thinking about getting Bali e/s too.

Mardybum

I want to get the Yachiyo, the reviews are all so different, its either a favourite or the worst brush ever

shellygrrl

Staff member
Pick up some product on your brush, and take the majority of it off on the back of your hand before applying to the cheeks. Using a fan brush or a cheek brush of some kind that isn't super dense will also help.