NARS Makeup Brushes

aradhana

I see the Ita brush at counters all the time. Call Lord and Taylor's and Nordstrom stores to check. At one point it became super popular a short time ago (likely because of beauty bloggers) and was sold out everywhere for weeks. Looks like the popularity has toned down a bit. It is on the NARS site now.
thanks! i'll check around here and on the website, but since i'm in canada, the big department stores won't ship NARS items to me...they want me to pay canadian prices!

MarieMary

Yes! Here's the info, thanks to NARS. :)

Quote: NARS Cosmetics expands its exquisite Kabuki Brush Collection with three new brushes for face, cheeks and eyes. Rich in Japanese tradition and culture, the Mie, Mizubake and Kudoki Kabuki brushes are designed to provide precise, flawless makeup application.
Inspired by traditional Japanese beauty rituals from Geiko and Kabuki Theater, the NARS Kabuki Brushes meld heritage with modernity, in both concept and function. Finding their place in modern makeup, the unique design of each Kabuki Brush encourages multi-functional use, making each a versatile tool in everyday makeup application.

Available August 1, 2014 at NARS Boutiques and narscosmetics.com

KUDOKI KABUKI BRUSH, $40
Unique, angled silhouette contours the eye for impeccable crease definition, ideal for soft color deposit along the lash line for a smokey look. Soft-touch handle provide a comfortable grip and controlled application with a sleek, modern look.

MIE KABUKI BRUSH, $55
Ideal for soft, all-over face application of loose and pressed powders. Luxuriously layered with a double-dome design that deposits product evenly. A hand-spun black wisteria handle preserves this Kabuki's unique traditional character.

MIZUBAKE KABUKI BRUSH, $55
Contour and sculpt blush and bronzer with this distinct design for controlled application and precise definition. The hand-spun black wisteria handle preserves this Kabuki's unique traditional character.

urbis

Yes! Here's the info, thanks to NARS. :) Available August 1, 2014 at NARS Boutiques and narscosmetics.com KUDOKI KABUKI BRUSH, $40 Unique, angled silhouette contours the eye for impeccable crease definition, ideal for soft color deposit along the lash line for a smokey look. Soft-touch handle provide a comfortable grip and controlled application with a sleek, modern look. MIE KABUKI BRUSH, $55 Ideal for soft, all-over face application of loose and pressed powders. Luxuriously layered with a double-dome design that deposits product evenly. A hand-spun black wisteria handle preserves this Kabuki's unique traditional character. MIZUBAKE KABUKI BRUSH, $55 Contour and sculpt blush and bronzer with this distinct design for controlled application and precise definition. The hand-spun black wisteria handle preserves this Kabuki's unique traditional character.
They are just incredibly beautiful!!!! Where can I find them?

Aquamarine1543

According to my source, Mie brush is denser and bigger than Yachiyo. After I heard of it, it reminded me of MAC 138 brush which is one of my favorites!

allthingsglam

Nars needs to make the lip brush he had in the kabuki set premanant too its my fave lip brush ever but it was only for sell in the sets I don't know what I would do if mines gets missing or break

Aquamarine1543

I got a #21 contour brush as a present. I used it today and am pretty disappointed. When I swiped on my hand, it looked soft, but it's quite scratchy more than I expected when I swiped on my cheeks. The quality of their brushes is still the same as their old ones. Now I'm concerned whether I'm going to buy new Kabuki brushes.

Aquamarine1543

I just got the launch date of the Kabuki brushes from my reliable source. It's in the middle of September, not August 1st. They have been pushed back to September because NARS has recently had some issues with manufacturing. This is the main cause of the delay. I hope this information can be helpful for you.

Aquamarine1543

The Kabuki brushes are up at NARS website. It's weird and funny because MUAs at NARS boutiques said the launch date is August 20th. How is it possible they don't know the launch date exactly?

NYCBeautyJunkie

Bought both face brushes today; MIGHT go back for the Kudoki... The MUA showed me all the ways it could be used and I was kind of blown away!

xfarrax

Saw the mie kabuki brush in space nk today really loved the feel of it...so incredibly soft and it would be great for light powder application. At the moment I'm using the real technique retractable kabuki for powder but the nars seems more suited in my opinion.

Haven

I have so many brushes that I will not be getting these. I have a brush for every need right now.

phatgyrl95

I feel the same way. I just recently returned the Ita and the one that starts with a Y haha, because they felt scratchy.

NYCBeautyJunkie

I regret the Yachiyo with every fiber of my being. Yes, I hate it that much. The bristles are too scratchy to me. However, my Ita is heaven; sometimes I wish it were a bit more firm, but really, it's just right. I used the Kudoki today and it was a BREEZE for precise shadow placement in the outer v, the crease, bottom lash line... you name it. I can't wait to try the Mie and Mizubake. They're both very soft upon touch.

allthingsglam

I love love my yachiyo I had two of them I agree its not the softest but it works so well and u can use it for blush,highlighter and contouring a great all around brush I can't wait to try these new nars brushes as well