NC 45 is the craziest shade

MAHALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Although I went in today and I have been outside at the pool and biking so much I am now a
NC45 + NW43 completely....I am usually one or the other...but I need a mixture of both now..the Sun just darkens wherever the hell it wants to I guess

That combo works well for me too. I used to mix two colors but I've changed my technique and foundation. Lately, I've been using BB GOLDEN and BB WARM ALMOND in the oil free formula. My chin area is darker than the center of my face so the WARM ALMOND goes on my chin, the GOLDEN everywhere else. GOSSMAKEUPARTIST has a great tutorial for WOC. It helped me to get my foundation right... YouTube - Women Of Colour Foundation Tutorial

Quote:
I am a perfect NC45 as well....I find it hard to believe Serena is...she is so warmed toned IMO

Me without makeup
LEXUSIS350NOMAKEUP-1.jpg

I am pretty much your same complexion and I have been matched with nc45 but I was starting to 2nd guess my makeup when I was reading this thread. I was thinking really the default for dark skin???

nichollecaren

Sorry guys, slightly OT...Do you mind telling me how much these cost in the states? Here its 1200.00 which is just abt....13.00us

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
*Taken in the store w/camera phone (they didn't have anymore "normal to dry 400" so here we have 400 caramel combo/oily w/ 370 combo/oily toast ).

IMG00080-20090815-1045.jpg

*Taken at home w/ camera(I returned 410 and kept 400 caramel "normal/dry")

IMG_0111.JPG

TISH1124

Our price is about the same US $13-14 ... most times we catch a Buy One Get One and get two for the price of one...But Normal price is from 12.99 - 13.99 ea plus tax

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHALO
That combo works well for me too. I used to mix two colors but I've changed my technique and foundation. Lately, I've been using BB GOLDEN and BB WARM ALMOND in the oil free formula. My chin area is darker than the center of my face so the WARM ALMOND goes on my chin, the GOLDEN everywhere else. GOSSMAKEUPARTIST has a great tutorial for WOC. It helped me to get my foundation right... YouTube - Women Of Colour Foundation Tutorial

I use Golden in BB too it is perfect all over and so is MUFE 173 and Colorstay Caramel...the only time I have to mix is when I use MAC in the summer months ...which is why it gets used "Not so Much"

nichollecaren

Quote:
Our price is about the same US $13-14 ... most times we catch a Buy One Get One and get two for the price of one...But Normal price is from 12.99 - 13.99 ea plus tax

Thanks Tish
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHALO

th_drool.gif
love.gif
he is sooo cute! check out the wink at the end! lol

LADII UNIQUE

im a NC 45 in mac studio fix powder I dont know what color I may be in liquid tho but yeah it is a crazy shade because half of my friends wear the same shade as I do I was a littled darker than I am now so im confused too
[

makeuplover7239

Quote:
Originally Posted by elongreach
Ok, please someone help me out. I went to MAC this Friday and as usual was talking about foundations and powders. I should have talked about it with the MA at the freestanding store who would have probably understand my issues a little more.

However, on my way out I stopped at Nordstrom and was looking around again. She thought maybe since NC45 was oxidizing badly on me maybe I should change Powders (I currently use Medium Deep). Because she really didn't think I was NC42. Then she did this compare and contrast with NC42 on one side and NC44 on the other side (I hate that).

Honestly I can never tell the difference with the lights in Nordies. So I bought the Medium Dark Powder thinking that maybe I could use that powder on my off days when I don't feel like doing myself all the way up because Medium Deep oxidizes on me as well when I wear it alone.

But point of this long rant is what is the chain of Skinfinishes? Because from what this MA told me is that M Dark is lighter than Deep. Was she wrong? Because I can go back to Nordies on Monday and return that sucker. I shouldn't have bought it in the first place. But I have this awful habit of buying things just because I've taken time from the MA for nothing.

Medium Deep is darker than Medium Deep MSF. I know since my sister who is NC 42/44 uses that and when I tried it during the dilemma of finding the right MSF natural, it looked too white and ashy on me.

makeuplover7239

I need your help!

I was matched to BB Warm Almond(6.5) in the middle of summer this year and it worked well for a while. After sometime, I had some wierd skin reactions to the climate and once all that cleared, I lost my summer tan and went back to being lighter than Warm Almond. Now even though I put Warm Almond on, it looks good, but its darker than my skintone, making me look like I got a tan.
I think that's ok for the summer but I dont want to look like that all year! So I tried BB's Golden (6) in the same foundation and it looks kinda off.
Although NC 50 in Mineralize works for me, I want a foundation that has no slight shimmer in the foundation (pple who use Mineralize will know what I am talking about). I want something that has sheer to medium coverage and shows my skin and gives that dewy look since I just need to even my skintone out.

I have realized that I am definitely darker around my mouth and the outer corners of my face making it harder to find the right foundation.

I have tried MUFE's F & B in #12 and it made me look more muddy rather than emphazing my golden undertone.

Any suggestions? Kinda looking into MUFE's HD, MUFE's Face and Body or maybe MAC studio fix/select spf 15 to find my HG.
PS: My profile picture is actually my bare face with no makeup on. ( Excuse the frizzy hair and stuff)
Would love your feedback!

amber_j

Love this thread! Thanks for sharing your experiences and all your tips.

I've been matched to NC50 in Moistureblend, which is pretty much perfect all-year round. But my NC50 Studio Sculpt needs to be 'watered' down with a smidgen of NC45 as it makes my face look almost 2 shades darker than my neck, and I suspect I'll need to do the same with my NC50 Satinfinish.

For reference, here's a picture of me from last June (I think) wearing Moistureblend in NC50 and MSFN in Deep Dark. I'm this shade of brown more or less all year round - a little more yellow in winter and a little more red and darker if we get a freak bout of continuous sunshine in the UK. I believe the rest of you might refer to this as "Summer"
lol.gif

9dfe94a2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j

I've been matched to NC50 in Moistureblend, which is pretty much perfect all-year round. But my NC50 Studio Sculpt needs to be 'watered' down with a smidgen of NC45 as it makes my face look almost 2 shades darker than my neck, and I suspect I'll need to do the same with my NC50 Satinfinish.

For reference, here's a picture of me from last June (I think) wearing Moistureblend in NC50 and MSFN in Deep Dark. I'm this shade of brown more or less all year round - a little more yellow in winter and a little more red and darker if we get a freak bout of continuous sunshine in the UK. I believe the rest of you might refer to this as "Summer"
lol.gif

9dfe94a2.jpg

You are beautiful!!!!

AdrianUT

Hey elongreach, Medium DEEP is darker than Medium DARK. I use medium deep and I am in between NC45 and NC50. Some MUA are so "off" when it comes to skintones, when I bought the MSFN in Medium Deep the girl went straight for Deep Dark. I was like..."No MaaM" so we tried it on and I looked like a red Oompa Loompa. I explained that I had Dark in the past and it was too dark/red for my skin. I took home the Medium Deep and its flawless.

Makeuplover7239, I had similar issues with BB. Warm Almond made my face look red and tanned (my BF even asked if my allergies were acting up because my nose looked so red. My nose is the lighest part of my face). Golden would be almost perfect if Im skin was clear as it made my scars look ashy. You look like you could possibly be a C7/C8 in MAC studio fix powder, for a dewy look you could apply it with some Fix+.

I did some swatches on my hand of MAC concealers I own. I believe it was under a flash. My best match is MAC C7. I don't even bother with concealer anymore but, I still use the NW40 under my eyes sometimes, the others are in my BACK to MAC pile.

DSCF0559.JPG

elongreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianUT
Hey elongreach, Medium DEEP is darker than Medium DARK. I use medium deep and I am in between NC45 and NC50. Some MUA are so "off" when it comes to skintones, when I bought the MSFN in Medium Deep the girl went straight for Deep Dark. I was like..."No MaaM" so we tried it on and I looked like a red Oompa Loompa. I explained that I had Dark in the past and it was too dark/red for my skin. I took home the Medium Deep and its flawless.

Yea, I'm still using Medium deep. I returned the Medium Dark because I just didn't feel like messing with it. Medium Deep works, I just oxidize really quick. Maybe because it's summer and I sweat like a pig. I don't know. But BB Golden Compact has been working really well with the MSFN in Medium Deep.

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by elongreach
Ok, please someone help me out. I went to MAC this Friday and as usual was talking about foundations and powders. I should have talked about it with the MA at the freestanding store who would have probably understand my issues a little more.

However, on my way out I stopped at Nordstrom and was looking around again. She thought maybe since NC45 was oxidizing badly on me maybe I should change Powders (I currently use Medium Deep). Because she really didn't think I was NC42. Then she did this compare and contrast with NC42 on one side and NC44 on the other side (I hate that).

Honestly I can never tell the difference with the lights in Nordies. So I bought the Medium Dark Powder thinking that maybe I could use that powder on my off days when I don't feel like doing myself all the way up because Medium Deep oxidizes on me as well when I wear it alone.

But point of this long rant is what is the chain of Skinfinishes? Because from what this MA told me is that M Dark is lighter than Deep. Was she wrong? Because I can go back to Nordies on Monday and return that sucker. I shouldn't have bought it in the first place. But I have this awful habit of buying things just because I've taken time from the MA for nothing.

this thread will def help: http://www.specktra.net/forum/f188/m...um-deep-91794/

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j

lol.gif

9dfe94a2.jpg

Amber_J you are beautiful girl!! Your skin is flawless