NC 45 is the craziest shade

soglambitious

Quote:
Originally Posted by elongreach
I guess since we're showing pics. Here are are a couple of pics with me in NC45. I obviously don't have any other since it's been like 2 weeks since my change. I think that in the summer I'll be NC45 and wintertime I'm probably more pale like NC42.

Picture047.jpg

Picture023.jpg

THANK YOU JESUS SOMEONE ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE! lol. THIS young lady here is a true NC45 to me. I think this foundation was intended for that caramel/golden honey skin tone. I used to see chicks on youtube waaaay lighter or darker than this picture claiming an NC45 and I got soo confused. There was NO way all these people could use the same color! I mean honestly if you are Sanaa Lathan/Nia Long's complexion or darker you can tell THROUGH THE BOTTLE that NC45 isn't the right color.

Ladies, its 2009 and we need to stop with the colorstruck stuff. There is NOTHING wrong with being light or dark, just get a foundation that matches! We really need to hold these lazy/ignorant MUAs accountable and really ask for a color that WORKS. Make the MUA try on every foundation at the counter on you until you find one that matches if need be. There is no reason to be throwing away money on products that don't work and do you a grave disservice by making you look ashy or dirty. MAC isn't the only cosmetics company in the world. If you're an in-between shade and MAC products aren't matching GO ELSEWHERE. Try Clinique (I use their Even Better foundation in Creme Caramel) Bobbi Brown (Golden works well), Makeup Forever or even a drugstore brand like Iman. Embrace your shade and own it!

Mochahantas

Uh Oh...Then I think I may be all wrong. I thought I was a NC50 (that's what I use in the MAC tinted moisturizer).

I need to find a picture so someone can help me.

AdrianUT

Yeah there is NO way Serena is an NC45 That would look super ashy on her. NW45 maybe. I see a lot of people with the wrong color foundation on too dark and too light also, even the MA's so its sometimes no wonder they match us wrong. I see a lot of people saying they wear the same shades as I do and are nowhere near my color but, you have to also factor in what concealer, powder, primer, bronzer, etc. they are also using to get a match. So, it very well may match if its only a shade or two off.

I think the girl in the pictures is actually a little light for the NC45 just looking at her neck in the second pic. But, she could have on bronzer or something. To me I'd say NC42?NW40ish? But, I guess thats pretty subjective.

elongreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianUT
I think the girl in the pictures is actually a little light for the NC45 just looking at her neck in the second pic. But, she could have on bronzer or something. To me I'd say NC42?NW40ish? But, I guess thats pretty subjective.

Yea, I used to think that as well.
yes.gif
But I did a post a while ago comparing NC42 to NC45 so I could finally have someone give me a final opinion. Everyone was clear I was a NC45.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f270/n...-heavy-136448/

MAHALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by elongreach
Yea, I used to think that as well.
yes.gif
But I did a post a while ago comparing NC42 to NC45 so I could finally have someone give me a final opinion. Everyone was clear I was a NC45.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f270/n...-heavy-136448/

NC45 is a very versatile shade ... Based on your picture, you are lighter than my Winter color and I'm NC45 in the Winter. NC45 varies depending on the formula and application. NC45 looks light for me in the bottle but applied lightly with the MAC 187 brush it works. In the Summer, I am really brown so NC45 is too light for me.

Mochahantas

What shade do you think she is? This is my exact shade (I'm not this warm in the winter, but def. this warm in the summer).

368167608.jpg

La flaca

I went to MAC to get the sculpt foundation, and MUA without even trying to match me told me I was for sure a NC42/43, because she was a NC45 and she is way darker than me. The funny thing is that the NC45 was kind of ashy/light for me, but she said it was a perfect match for her. I'm sure she was at least a NC50.

bkgirl03

I'm new to the makeup forums, but I have also noticed that many women were saying that they were NC45. Some were either my complexion or slightly darker. I'm an NC 50. I was beginning wonder if I was wearing the wrong shade. LOL!

thmochagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_hood_model
How come NC 45 seems to be the "one fits all shade?" i just read next month's essence and Serena Williams said she use the stuido stick in NC 45 out of all the MAC shade this is the one I hear WOC say the use, the one i heard the least has to be NW43 or 47, i wonder why sooo many women who seem varies complexion use this color

Hey, girl many women can use a light foundation in the center of there face where they may use a darker powder and bronzer and after all of that they end up looking the right tone. I tried this out last night and posted a picture on my blog beauty gumbo. I am a NW43 by the way LOL
Oh yeah I felt the same about NC50 its everywhere!

Wildflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
Hey all, I wish I had read this three months ago.

I live in Jamaica, where MAC is rare, expensive, there are no testers AND u cant return it if it doesnt match! needless to say, I spent weeks asking around. The consensus was that i'm an NC45/C7 hmmm...is it one or the other? I was then told...oh theyre the same, doesnt matter which one you choose... (!!!)

Hey ((waving))) I'm in Jamaica too....
th_wink3.gif

do you buy at the shop under the stairs at Mall plaza?...i get the feeling they dont really know much about makeup...they always seem so hesitant and iffy....

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochahantas
What shade do you think she is? This is my exact shade (I'm not this warm in the winter, but def. this warm in the summer).

368167608.jpg

I am pretty close to that shade just a bit more golden and I am MAC NC45, BB Golden, MUFE 173, Colorstay in Caramel...My drug of choice most days is MUFE 173 however

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildflower
Hey ((waving))) I'm in Jamaica too....
th_wink3.gif

do you buy at the shop under the stairs at Mall plaza?...i get the feeling they dont really know much about makeup...they always seem so hesitant and iffy....

Awesome! Yes my girl!!!!

They dont test MAC stuff, so I dont buy from them. They know their stuff, but when it comes to color matching, u really cant know for sure unless you apply the product. Plus... dem teef!!
nonono.gif

Salon Innovation and Beauty Spot have the best prices...still, I dont buy here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Man, that's rough. Could you ask your friends if they could did a Qtip into their foundation so you could swatch it? I would let my friend swatch it rather than spend a bundle on the trial and error method. They need to start having testers for foundation atleast.

Luckliy My friend is also half chinese and just a shade lighter...she wears C6, so I bought C7. I buy the stuff i'm not sure about directly from the website now, they assured me that if it doesnt match I can return it.

dominichulinda

amazing skin!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I am pretty close to that shade just a bit more golden and I am MAC NC45, BB Golden, MUFE 173, Colorstay in Caramel...My drug of choice most days is MUFE 173 however

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
I just came from vacation Friday..Offically a burnt NC 45 girl lol

22615193.jpg

Great color!! I like the tan...that is excactly my shade!

TISH1124

Although I went in today and I have been outside at the pool and biking so much I am now a
NC45 + NW43 completely....I am usually one or the other...but I need a mixture of both now..the Sun just darkens wherever the hell it wants to I guess

dominichulinda

*Taken in the store w/camera phone (they didn't have anymore "normal to dry 400" so here we have 400 caramel combo/oily w/ 370 combo/oily toast ).

IMG00080-20090815-1045.jpg

*Taken at home w/ camera(I returned 410 and kept 400 caramel "normal/dry")

IMG_0111.JPG