NC 45 is the craziest shade

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily0686
Hello all!! this is my first reply to a post. I was wondering which shade you ladies think I am. I am about the same complexion as Tatyana. i was told NW45 and someone else matched me with N9 but I see its no longer sold....

Attachment 9713
Attachment 9716

what-are-they-up-to-tatyana-ali.jpg
post_369920_1236927679_med.jpg
post_369920_1236927679_med.jpg

I am on the MAC website right now and see N9 in both the Face&Body and Studio Fix. F&B has brought back some shades for the new HD collection...Since it's back, and I wear C7 in SF, I am definitely looking to try out F&B...The NC45-NC50 "conspiracy" (lol) is just too much for me at the moment. I have realized that I am way too olive to participate (hence the tendency for ppl to match me way too dark).

HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I am on the MAC website right now and see N9 in both the Face&Body and Studio Fix. F&B has brought back some shades for the new HD collection...Since it's back, and I wear C7 in SF, I am definitely looking to try out F&B...The NC45-NC50 "conspiracy" (lol) is just too much for me at the moment. I have realized that I am way too olive to participate (hence the tendency for ppl to match me way too dark).

HTH

Ok I just went on and saw it at the very top? I guess I will be going back to get rematched with a shade in a few months. The N9 and NW45 pretty much look the same to me .I don't see the difference ughhh this is so confusing

makeuplover7239

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
Love this thread! Thanks for sharing your experiences and all your tips.

I've been matched to NC50 in Moistureblend, which is pretty much perfect all-year round. But my NC50 Studio Sculpt needs to be 'watered' down with a smidgen of NC45 as it makes my face look almost 2 shades darker than my neck, and I suspect I'll need to do the same with my NC50 Satinfinish.

For reference, here's a picture of me from last June (I think) wearing Moistureblend in NC50 and MSFN in Deep Dark. I'm this shade of brown more or less all year round - a little more yellow in winter and a little more red and darker if we get a freak bout of continuous sunshine in the UK. I believe the rest of you might refer to this as "Summer"
lol.gif

9dfe94a2.jpg

I dont think you need to do the same thing that you do with Studio Sculpt to the Mineralize Satinfinish. MAC screwed up the colors of the Studio Sculpt line where NC55 is actually NC50. NC 55 is lighter than NC50. So try NC55 in Studio Sculpt. That may work out perfectly for you.

makeuplover7239

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianUT
Hey elongreach, Medium DEEP is darker than Medium DARK. I use medium deep and I am in between NC45 and NC50. Some MUA are so "off" when it comes to skintones, when I bought the MSFN in Medium Deep the girl went straight for Deep Dark. I was like..."No MaaM" so we tried it on and I looked like a red Oompa Loompa. I explained that I had Dark in the past and it was too dark/red for my skin. I took home the Medium Deep and its flawless.

Makeuplover7239, I had similar issues with BB. Warm Almond made my face look red and tanned (my BF even asked if my allergies were acting up because my nose looked so red. My nose is the lighest part of my face). Golden would be almost perfect if Im skin was clear as it made my scars look ashy. You look like you could possibly be a C7/C8 in MAC studio fix powder, for a dewy look you could apply it with some Fix+.

I did some swatches on my hand of MAC concealers I own. I believe it was under a flash. My best match is MAC C7. I don't even bother with concealer anymore but, I still use the NW40 under my eyes sometimes, the others are in my BACK to MAC pile.

DSCF0559.JPG

Thanks Girl! I tried Revlon Colorstay in Caramel and its a perfect match! I realized I have olive undertones, so when I use NC50 in Satinfinish I look way more brown and tanned! NC 45 on me looks way too yellow. It sucks!

I definitely want to try MAC F&B. Do you think that MAC is using the opposite method in numbering F&B? Cos 'C__' colorings look way too ashy. Kinda excited to try N7 and see if that suits better
EDIT:
Colorstay doesnt suit me any more. My dumb skin is acting up and changing shades!ughh..

AdrianUT

I tried the F and B in C7 and its weird, it's way too brown toned instead of yellow/golden. I might try C6 in Face and Body. The funny thing is on me but the C7 studio Fix powder is spot on for my skin including the undertones. Colorstay caramel is also a good match for me. If C6 F and B doesn't look right I will probably just give up on my foundation color search and stick with Studio fix powder. I think when you are more yellow or olive toned with deep skin tone MUA's get confused or something and jack up your match.

nichollecaren

I just wish MAC would make all C7 products look the same...all NC45 Products look the same...all NW45 Products..gosh why is it so hard???

makeuplover7239

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
I just wish MAC would make all C7 products look the same...all NC45 Products look the same...all NW45 Products..gosh why is it so hard???

I second you on that! Here is a comparison of MAC Mineralize Satinfinish in NC50 to Colorstay in Caramel 400 in Normal/Dry. MAC's is a tad bit more brown than Colorstay, but way different compared to all the NC50's in MAC foundations!
Comparison of MAC vs RevlonColorstay | Specktra.Net

I am totally fed up with searching for the right foundations. Maybe I will give Studio Fix C7 a try. Is it a full coverage foundation powder?

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianUT
I tried the F and B in C7 and its weird, it's way too brown toned instead of yellow/golden. I might try C6 in Face and Body. The funny thing is on me but the C7 studio Fix powder is spot on for my skin including the undertones. Colorstay caramel is also a good match for me. If C6 F and B doesn't look right I will probably just give up on my foundation color search and stick with Studio fix powder. I think when you are more yellow or olive toned with deep skin tone MUA's get confused or something and jack up your match.

If you do try C6 in F&B, please let us know. I had C7 in my shopping cart on the MAC site, but I'm going to wait. I just bought Px Virtual skin in Antelope and Ginger (to mix for the summer) so I'm going to give that a go for a little while. I wore the two shades in the Virtual Matte formula to work last week and it looked great, so I may just stick with Px. They never let me down, unlike MAC *sigh*

MAHALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
anyone tried the "Revlon colorstay"?? whats your color if so
smiles.gif
I need to find a shade in between though for now.

I purchased REVLON COLORSTAY ... blame it on the BOGO. The color is much closer to NW43 SPF than BB Golden or MAC NC45 satin finish.

AdrianUT

C6 didn't work for me either. I'll just stick with my Studio Fix powder in C7. I think studio fix can be full coverage depending on how you apply it and what you apply it with.

I also think that the colorstay (oily skin) is a little darker than NC45 which is why it works better for me. Im thinking its the same depth in color as NW43 but, has more yellow/neutral undertones rather than the pink/red undertones that NW43 has.

makeuplover7239

Hmmm, the Colorstay in Dry/Combination is tad bit lighter and I want to try the Oily/Combination version. But dont want to buy it on full price.

I tried Cover Fx in B25, and it oxidizes way too red even though its supposed to be for deep skintones with yellow/golden undertones.

MUFE 173 makes my face look like unnatural or something. Cant put my finger on it. You can definitely say that I have makeup on, which is opposite effect I want!

I'm frustrated
ssad.gif

UPDATE::

Cover Fx's Natural FX in B25 suits my skintone and evens out my dark and light areas on my face. Gotta set it with MUFE HD powder though. If I use my MSF, it totally goes awry.

AdrianUT

I really like the cover fx pressed powder foundation. I have it in B15, its a really good match for me but, this heat makes it disappear. I only really wear it to work since its very naturally looking and my job is freezing so I don't have to worry about it.

I gave up MUFE high def. 175 is too dark and 173 is just wrong. I might try Smashboxes HD foundation in either the last medium shade or D1. Has anyone tried the Smashbox HD foundation?

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeuplover7239
I dont think you need to do the same thing that you do with Studio Sculpt to the Mineralize Satinfinish. MAC screwed up the colors of the Studio Sculpt line where NC55 is actually NC50. NC 55 is lighter than NC50. So try NC55 in Studio Sculpt. That may work out perfectly for you.

Gosh, I had no idea that had happened. Thanks very much!

Dominikanmorena

idk guys I think I'm slightly darker then the NC45 I bought this week. I've been using BE foundation for the past 2 years and decided I wanted to get something else for full coverage. When I had the NC45 on, I took a pic and it looks a smidge too light. I have a darker forehead (more warm) and yellow underones on the cheek area and dark again around the jawline. Uuggghz... Idk what to do...

urbanD0LL

I've never been matched to NC45 , the MAC ladies always choose either NW45(a bit too dark & red) or NC50(a bit too yellow) , I had NC50 in Studio Fix Foundation but didn't feel too comfortable with it. I use NW43 in studio fix foundation powder . I think I'll need to mix my NW45 satinfinish foundation with some NC50 or maybe even that NC45 , but then i end up with a $60 foundation ??!! not cool .

Caramelsito

Hey Guys, I'm new to this thread and I was wondering what shade category I might fall into ? I am from a mixed Taino indian descent so it means that I have a bit of a reddish tint to my skin (please correct me as I know there must be a better term for it) , although I have yellow undertones it looks like I've got a bit of a tan all year round and it gets gradually deeper throughout summer ...

[h=1]
3869_10151306353166543_8772601_n.jpg
[/h] This is my exact skin tone right now under ..WelI, okay I am wearing a bit of makeup so you can see the different on my collarbone and my face ...soo yeah ...
I''m currently using NC43 MAC but although it matches my yellow undertones, I usually have to warm it up with a bronzer to closely match the reddish/tanned overtones I have. Ironically enough, I was swatched to an NC45 too, but I found this shade was way to orange and this orange was further accentuated by my reddishtones making me look horrid.
In winter I use Bobbi Brown Golden 6 which matches perfectly but only in winter season and again is too yellow and hides my red tones& I also use the Golden creamy concealer.
In summer I use Bobbi Brown's SPF 15 Tinted Oil Free Moisturizer in Dark Tint and have been swatched to Warm Almond which if I'm not tanned enough can just make me look off (red face and yellow body) & In the past I have also used Bobbi Brown's Deep Bisque corrector and somehow got swatched to Almond 7 in the oil free even foundation when coming off holiday which when I got home found was this colour was completely off. Nevertheless, I never waste so sometimes I blend a tiniest bit around hair line and when I want to create a more tanned look.
I also have the Touch Eclat foundation in a B70 which I feel is one of the foundations which have most closely matched my skin, but it gives me breakouts so I don't get to wear it often.
I've had MUA's say that I've got cool undertones, warm undertones , then olive undertones is a bit confusing really so I'm kind of losing hope. I would love the support and any clue to what colour I could be for NARs, MUFE, Loreal true match, Revlon etc or any tips and tricks to good bronzers which can help me match my current foundations more successfully . I am truly lost so any help will be a blessing :)