New Design for Quads, 15 Pan Palettes, and Blush Palettes???

BunnyBunnyBunny

Has anyone noticed the tight fit of the new Spring Colour Forecast palettes? Jeez you'll never be able to get your pans outta there!

Face2Mac

I just ordered 3 more of the 15 palette. I have mine labeled from the outside with pretty lettering stickers so the clear is too much for me. I am eventually when I run out will just have to convert mine to hold 20-25(?).

I personally think this sucks.

buki

is this 100% official? I'm freaking out because the 15 pan palettes are sold out right now... :*(

MUALindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by buki
is this 100% official? I'm freaking out because the 15 pan palettes are sold out right now... :*(

thmbdn.gif
I just ordered one (from Pro), I hope the store still has them available when I go in a couple of weeks, and I'll pick up a spare eyeshadow & blush, but then I won't be buying anymore eyeshadows because I HATE the new ones... good move MAC. I'll just stop buying until my LE shadows run out (which will probably be NEVER).

iheartwarpaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Another potential problem I see is that I know a lot of people use the inside of the lid for color labels. With the new design the only way to be sure what color you are using would be popping the pan out and reading on the bottom of it.

Personally though, I think the clear lid will be a good change. I've been curious about the Z-palettes for that reason, but the fact that they're made out of paper (!) put me off.

This comparison on the other hand reminds me of the problem of not being able to take the dividers out of the new palettes.
sigh.gif

I guess, as with most things, there are both positives and negatives with this change.

I have 5 zpalettes and love them. I was iffy about it at first since it's made of heavyweight paper, but it's actually very durable! The paper isn't typical flimsy paper at all and the palette feels really... i guess, "hefty". I was afraid that if I dropped my MAC palette it would break at the hinge or something since it's plastic, so I decided on the zpalette. Plus I can fit 26 MAC sized e/s, so now I have my MAC, Lorac, and UD e/s in one place. The clear part of the lid is thick also so it's not like it's a flimsy window or anything. Oh, and beauty.com carries zpalettes now so I order through them since bing cb is usually 20% plus no sales tax and you earn 5% drugstore dollars to use on future purchases!
thmbup.gif

CajunFille'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Has anyone noticed the tight fit of the new Spring Colour Forecast palettes? Jeez you'll never be able to get your pans outta there!

Awww man, I love the new design of the palettes and quads, but I didn't think about this. If the new ones are designed EXACTLY like the SCF ones it means that there will be no little groove cut out so that you can remove the pans easily. Damn it! I am going to pay my friend at MAC a visit on Tuesday and see if she can tell me more about them. I forgot to ask her about this detail when she first told me about them coming out. I'll let ya'll know as soon as I find out. I really hope they still have the groove thing still.

shadowaddict

Sorry if this has been covered already. But just wondering if the new ones are being stocked as stores sell out of the old ones or are they pulling all the old ones to start selling the new? Have the new ones already appeared in stores?

Damn! I have got to buy a few now and that screws up all my haul lists for the upcoming collections. After more than a decade of buying MAC e/s I freakin decide last summer to depot, not even a year before they change. This really f**ks up my whole little world. (yes my life is THAT pathetic)

sweetkitty

So, when is this affective as of? I ordered one 15 pan (after asking on here and no reply) and may order another.

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
Sorry if this has been covered already. But just wondering if the new ones are being stocked as stores sell out of the old ones or are they pulling all the old ones to start selling the new? Have the new ones already appeared in stores?

Damn! I have got to buy a few now and that screws up all my haul lists for the upcoming collections. After more than a decade of buying MAC e/s I freakin decide last summer to depot, not even a year before they change. This really f**ks up my whole little world. (yes my life is THAT pathetic)

LOL. I know what you mean I'm OCD about my stuff, and I want all my pallets to look the same
girl_devil.gif

shontay07108

i would love to be able to see the colors without opening the lid. I have 4 palettes already and I am quickly closing in on #5. It does make labeling a problem, but I will come up with something. Bring it on already!

GlamQueen21

^I have ordered Soot e/s yesterday and I do indeed need to order another eyeshadow palette and keep on buying e/s in pot forms until I get up to 15 to depot them.

bagandshoelover

Has anyone here tried the Unii Cosmetic Palette? I wanted to try the Z palette too but I was uneasy about it being made of cardboard so I bought a Unii one and I love it!

marquise

I like the quad MAC palettes with the see through lid but don't think they're as sturdy as the current 15 palette. I have dropped my 15 palette a few times but it's still in perfect condition whereas I've broken two quad palettes. I will definitely be buying another 15 palette and I want to get a 6 blush one too.

MUALindsay

An Artist at the store I most frequent said they haven't got word on if/what the new palettes would look like. They could easily be like the quads w/o the clear lids (the current quads are clear-lidded already). She said they have plenty of stock of the current 15 pan & 6 blush palettes, that they'd obviously have to sell first, so she's confused about it too. She mentioned most likely the new quads would have the "thumb spot" to make it easier to put in/out shadows, but the Spring Color Forecast ones didn't, as thy aren't meant to be removed.

I bought 2 of the 15 & 2 of the 6, just in case, anyways.
greengrin.gif

DonnaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
Even though I only have one 15-pan palette, I will definitely stock up on the older ones before they're gone... I hate the new packaging ugh!

I have 8 of the 15-pan palettes--Neutral Shimmer, Neutral NonShimmer,Greys (includes black and white),Blues,Greens,Purples,Pinks/Reds,Yellows/Golds/Oranges. I definately think that I will get a few of the original design, as backups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya2007
Hmmm ... I wish that they will add the new palette in addition to the old one so we have the option to choose!!

Personally I prefer the old pallet but I'm tempted to try the new one as well. I already have 10 palettes and I have them all labeled on the inside cover. I think I will buy one NOW before the change ... Then when the new one comes out I'll also get one and put my most used E/S in it.

I might consider this too......use a new palette for my neutrals that get used the most. I have my palettes labeled with a grid that I created on an Excel spreadsheet. I print it out on a large removable label and then place it on the inside cover of the palette. If I move colors around, I just update the grid and redo the label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buki

Really....that is NOT good news....
nonono.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUALindsay
An Artist at the store I most frequent said they haven't got word on if/what the new palettes would look like. They could easily be like the quads w/o the clear lids (the current quads are clear-lidded already). She said they have plenty of stock of the current 15 pan & 6 blush palettes, that they'd obviously have to sell first, so she's confused about it too. She mentioned most likely the new quads would have the "thumb spot" to make it easier to put in/out shadows, but the Spring Color Forecast ones didn't, as thy aren't meant to be removed.

I bought 2 of the 15 & 2 of the 6, just in case, anyways.
greengrin.gif

Yeah, I must remember to pick these up this coming week.....ugh, more to worry about.....
th_wallbash.gif

Leliforever

DO we know the release date?
I'm so excited about the new ones cause I hate labeling and the new ones I think would look better (plus I love the new quad design!)
graucho.gif

trulynicole

I don't know how I feel about this. It will be a total hit or miss for me. Clear cover= major mess but the SCF packaging was kinda cute. Blah, I guess I have to wait and see.