New Design for Quads, 15 Pan Palettes, and Blush Palettes???

Leliforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
are there any pictures of the new 15-pan ones yet?

sunnysideup11100 on Youtube bought a quad and she was given the new design but what about the 15 pan?
th_dunno.gif

blusherie

The new quads are up for sale on the MAC US site! No more old quads! Does anyone know if the pans are easy to move around in these palettes??

PoshCupcake

I purchased a Quad a few days ago, and was given the new one. Personally I think the e/s are easier to pop out and move around in the new one.

Mac2Perfection

To be honest..I have 10 of the old design MAC 15 palettes..I rather have the new ones due to the fact that I constantly change my eyeshadows which in return leaves all the gooey nasty stuff left behind from the labeling it would be nice to pick a palette up and not worry about the stickiness and im not to worried about the eyeshadow fallout left behind i usually after im done I blow off the remaining away and I constantly wipe my makeup off after each use..

darae

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshCupcake
I purchased a Quad a few days ago, and was given the new one. Personally I think the e/s are easier to pop out and move around in the new one.

wow i must be brain farting badly because i cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the eyeshadows out of the new quad.. T.T

a little help please? :p

InspiredBlue

You pick up the whole insert/divider part, and then push the pans out from underneath.

Karla's pictures towards the end of this post might be helpful.

Unless you are talking about a premade quad, in which case I don't think we have quite figured out how to depot them without breaking the quad yet.

rayne.

are there any pictures of the new 15 palettes? i personally only use quads (i have.. 7 of them, LOL. i'm trying to limit the amount of colours i get but i'm trying to get a quad of each colour) & now i have half the old style & half the new.
ssad.gif

iirc, i remember seeing this palette that was 3 x 4? it looked really interesting but i don't remember where it was from.

ThePowderPuff

What happened to the new Pro Palettes?

Does anyone know anything about the new pro palettes? Are they still coming and when? What's the latest about this?

Mabelle

Re: What happened to the new Pro Palettes?

idd like to know too. we heard about them all the way back with colour craft!

silentstorm143

Re: What happened to the new Pro Palettes?

You can order the new quads online(us) but I haven't heard anything about a new 15 palette.

ThePowderPuff

I asked at my local MAC counter, and one of the ladys there told me, there would be no new 15 palettes. Only quads.

I just can't imagine, that mac would have so different quads and 15 palettes, if that's true?

CajunFille'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
I asked at my local MAC counter, and one of the ladys there told me, there would be no new 15 palettes. Only quads.

I just can't imagine, that mac would have so different quads and 15 palettes, if that's true?

Oh, I hope it's not true. I want the clear 15 palettes. I will be asking about this when I go pick up my Fabulous Feline things Thursday.

I agree the quads and 15 palettes will be weird looking if left the same. I like my stuff to match.

elektra513

I just ordered 2 15-pan palettes at the end of last week and received them earlier this week and they were normal, no clear lid. I hope they were just re-vamping only the quads, b/c clear lids on the 15-pan or blush palette is quite impractical.

If anything I wished they make them more durable. I had to order because the hinge on one palette cracked off and the lid is broken now (like a crappy Motorola flip phone, lol). Too bad they're not made with rubber like with Nars products, lol.

CajunFille'

Hi everyone! I went to the Fabulous Feline release today and spent waaay to much money. The new goodies were irresistible, but anyway, that's for another thread. As promised, today I asked my favorite MA about the new 15 pro pans. She said that she didn't know an exact date of when they would be released, but that they will definitely be changing to the new design. She also said that she was sure that it would be released before the end of the year.

So, just to make sure I also called the MAC customer service line. The lady there said that the palettes will be changed to the new design, and that she would imagine that they will probably be released sometime in the fall. I asked her if she was for sure that they would be released before the end of the year, and she said definitely before the new year. She explained that the reason for the long wait was because the old stock had to be sold first. Then the new will come out.

Sorry, I couldn't get a definite date, but at least we have a better idea of when. I can't wait!

kittykit

I just bought a new 4-pan palette today and I like it better than the old ones. I can't wait to see the 15-pans... I'll definitely need one
greengrin.gif

redambition

Ok guys, so I finally opened the quad that I bought in a haul the other week... and lo and behold, it's the new style! I was a bit miffed as this thread had turned me off them, but I found a really, really easy way of getting the insert out!

Ok... pic deconstruction time!!
greengrin.gif

First up, the quad with the insert in. (Please ignore the fingerprints)

Once you wrestle out the insert, you can see the base of the quad is not flat. It's also not magnetised - the insert is the bit that's magnetised. This has ruined my dreams of having a flat, magnetic palette from MAC that I haven't had to MacGyver.

There is a large, wide ridge across the middle of the quad.

So... looking at this ridge got me thinking. What if the ridge is instrumental in how the insert is removed? Turns out it is. Put the insert back in. Now... put your finger in between the two pan slots either at the top (hinge) or bottom (closure) section of the quad and push in.

The ridge acts like the fulcrum of a lever (*cough*sciencetalk*cough*) and the other side of the insert will pop up.

It will stay popped up, allowing you to easily remove the insert, even if there are shadows in it - you don't ever have to touch the shadows to do it.

So there you go guys... hope this helps you out! This way of getting the insert out is super easy. I've now decided I love this quad - it's much prettier than the old one.

InspiredBlue

So I picked at my new style pre-made Leopard Luxe quad from Fabulous Feelines for a while the other day, and basically it will be very hard or impossible to get the pans out of it without shattering the e/s or breaking the quad. I tried to inject a bunch of alcohol underneath the pans to see if I could loosen them that way, but no dice.

Here's a vid that shows how the new premade quads are built. It sucks that they are not the same as the empty ones.
YouTube - Tips: De-potting MACs NEW Eyeshadow Quads