New Design for Quads, 15 Pan Palettes, and Blush Palettes???

LMD84

ye if they do thye 15 pan palettes in this new design i will deffo buy some. i prefer the clear lids!

eowyn797

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunFille'
Just dropped in on the MAC website. Guess what the new Quads are up! They look just like the Spring Color Forecast ones! The only thing is I don't see a little slot to let you remove the eyeshadows. Bummer! If anyone has seen them IRL yet please tell us more about them.
M·A·C Cosmetics | Pro Palette Eye Shadow X 4

that looks like it has something in the middle of the slot that.. maybe you push up on from underneath to pop the pan up?

xSarAAHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Magnolia
I did prefer the old palette. I hate the way clear lids look when they get scratched and dirty. I dont like the way you cant really take out the inserts in the new style and I have heard that these new style cases break a lot easier if dropped. Im also not too mad about the magnetic opening/closing mechanism
ssad.gif
I shall be stocking up on the old style palettes it seems!

I agree 100%
They look so bad when they're scratched and they're unprofessional looking - can someone please post a pic?

shontay07108

I really want 15 pan palettes with clear lids. I am tired of opening the darn thing to see which one it is. I have 6 already. Bring on the clear lids!

CajunFille'

Quote:
Originally Posted by eowyn797
that looks like it has something in the middle of the slot that.. maybe you push up on from underneath to pop the pan up?

I noticed that as well, there is definitely something silver looking in the middle of the slot. Gosh I hope it's something that will help us to get our pans out!

CajunFille'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I really want 15 pan palettes with clear lids. I am tired of opening the darn thing to see which one it is. I have 6 already. Bring on the clear lids!

I agree!! I wish they would hurry the heck up. I've been waiting forever it seems.
choochoo.gif

Luiza_T

Oh no.
cry.gif
I knew about the quads, but not about the 15-E/S palette. It would be awesome (IMO) if MAC kept both - the one with clear lid and the one with solid black lid -, instead of replacing the old ones for the new ones. I love mine and I don't like the idea of the clear lid - if I wanted that, I'd buy Z Palettes instead.
th_dunno.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiza_T
Oh no.
cry.gif
I knew about the quads, but not about the 15-E/S palette. It would be awesome (IMO) if MAC kept both - the one with clear lid and the one with solid black lid -, instead of replacing the old ones for the new ones. I love mine and I don't like the idea of the clear lid - if I wanted that, I'd buy Z Palettes instead.
th_dunno.gif

Z-Palettes are made of cardboard and have no dividers. But I get where you are coming from.

Luiza_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Z-Palettes are made of cardboard and have no dividers. But I get where you are coming from.

I know that... Maybe I'm just being too dramatic.
cutey.gif
But I really love mine and would prefer to keep that way. Well, I'll have to adapt to the changes then.

Dreamingeagle24

I'm kind of attached to the current 15 pan palettes. I like them all to match so if I had to get ones with clear lids, I would end up having to replace them all. So far my quad with the clear lid isn't too dirty, but I can see some scratches already and they drive me crazy.

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
thmbdn.gif
I prefer the solid black pallets. They work for my labeling system.

I agree. Plus, I think a lot of people overestimating their MAC skills. There's no way you'd could eye every color and know the name. I've seen gurus try it on Youtube and mess up half the names.
th_LMAO.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie
I agree. Plus, I think a lot of people overestimating their MAC skills. There's no way you'd could eye every color and know the name. I've seen gurus try it on Youtube and mess up half the names.
th_LMAO.gif

I, myself am pretty awesome at it. I actually grab a shadow for a customer next to me when even the MA is searching for the color. Of course, that's not to say I'm correct 100% of the time, though.
I think this design is more for those who do the magnetic strip and label underneath the pot thing. My palette is so ghetto b/c I glue or tape my pans in
lol.gif
. I really want this new palette, though because it makes it easier for me to see the colors. So I'll either have to jump on the magnetic stip bandwagon or make a list somewhere. That or put labels underneath the palette
th_crazy.gif

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I, myself am pretty awesome at it. I actually grab a shadow for a customer next to me when even the MA is searching for the color. Of course, that's not to say I'm correct 100% of the time, though.
I think this design is more for those who do the magnetic strip and label underneath the pot thing. My palette is so ghetto b/c I glue or tape my pans in
lol.gif
. I really want this new palette, though because it makes it easier for me to see the colors. So I'll either have to jump on the magnetic stip bandwagon or make a list somewhere. That or put labels underneath the palette
th_crazy.gif

When you use glue, how do you get the pan out when it's empty?

InspiredBlue

Hmm.. The new system with the dividers as a tray that picks up doesn't really support the underneath-the-pan labeling system either, since picking up single pans will be hard (impossible even).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie
th_LMAO.gif

What difference does it make if you can remember the exact names of everything unless you need to name products for an audience (like on YT)? As far as putting ones own or a clients makeup on, it doesn't really matter if you are using "a blue-green shimmery color" or "Steamy".

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Hmm.. The new system with the dividers as a tray that picks up doesn't really support the underneath-the-pan labeling system either, since picking up single pans will be hard (impossible even).

What difference does it make if you can remember the exact names of everything unless you need to name products for an audience (like on YT)? As far as putting ones own or a clients makeup on, it doesn't really matter if you are using "a blue-green shimmery color" or "Steamy".

It's just seems to me a lot of the colors look similar in the pan, but look completely different on. So, eyeing it might not give you the color and/or finish you want. There's been a few colors imo that look different on than in the pan in general. IMO, Blue Flame and Contrast look exactly the same to me in the pan, but not on. Just one example. I like to know what I'm wearing. So, for me labeling is a must.