Nordstrom Exclusive: Modern Love Palette

pmjc69

^thanks for your input!
smiles.gif

why not just get it from NARS?
since u basically have all the colors and still getting this palette, that definitely tells me i need it also. lol.

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
I have the 9947 and own most of the colors in the modern love, all but the black in Pandora. The 9947 is great, and there is more diversity in color range. But I am really looking forward to this palette, the are great neutrals and would be perfect for travel the colors go extremely well together. I also love having all the colors I need in one palette, rather than in separate duos. Ack! I wish Nordies would pre sell the palette already!

I ordered it already from there...during the half yearly sale.

iShadow

Quote:
^Because I already promised my MA the sale. It's not that long to wait, I am just obsessed with it lately!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who struggles with moral dilemmas like these!

nonchalantbeaut

I ordered this palette last week from NARS website. I should be getting it tomorrow. I can't wait, I've been on a neutral kick lately and this is my first eyeshadow purshase from NARS.
choochoo.gif

RedRibbon

My friend has this palette (it's already out in the UK) and the colours are really nice. It's rare to find a palette which works well for both white and coloured ladies and this one works a charm.

I've ordered the palette and some lipglosses from the website, can't wait for them to turn up
smiles.gif

iShadow

Quote:
^Because I already promised my MA the sale. It's not that long to wait, I am just obsessed with it lately!

So, good news! Last night I was at Nordstrom and ended up finding my NARS guy. I asked him about preordering the palette, and he still didn't know much about it, so we went to find his boss. She and I chatted a little bit, mostly me thinking out loud about how this is supposed to be a Nordies exclusive, as well as how Neiman Marcus is offering the Mendel palette as a GWP... and just being worried about how good ol' Francois is faring.

But when I mentioned that the palette was available online, I reiterated what I've said on here... just that I'm so tempted to impulsively buy it online, but I want to remain loyal to Nordstrom. Honestly, I was just thinking out loud! When I decided to pre-order the palette there, she suggested to my MA that he "run upstairs and get me a little something for preordering so early!"

My slight problem, and the reason for this somewhat lengthy post, is that though I absolutely adore the MA, he's about as ADD as I am. This all happened around closing, so I think it was just an honest mistake that he forgot to get my little something. Do you guys have any suggestions? I don't know if I should call someone or his boss or something, I'm just afraid as coming across as the greedy customer. Which, in all fairness, I guess I am, but hey, free NARS is free NARS.
ssad.gif

Help a girl out? I'd love to hear whether you think I should just let it go, or try and follow up!

iheartmakeup

I bought this palette yesterday- I agree that photos just don't do it justice
th_drool.gif

I had habanera and sold it because I didn't like the green shade so I'm glad to have the plum again. I really wanted india song but already had the highlight shade in my 9941 palette so am thrilled to have the brown shade. I wanted the black shade from pandora but not the white, ditto for the brownish shade from jezebel. I already have tokyo & alhambra but I use them a lot so no biggie. I'm in love with this palette already
bigheart.gif

nars6june2.jpg

pmjc69

^Dang, sounds like this palette is perfect and just what you need
smiles.gif

U gurls are making me spend again! lol.

wannabelyn

right when i'm ready to order this, it's been out of stock a whole week. dratz! bad timing on my part.

this looks so much better than the "best" palette

iShadow

angry.gif

So all of the Nordies beauty exclusives are available for preorder on their site... and which item is $5 more than planned? Modern Love. The Beauty Adviser manager is calling me tomorrow morning... I was hoping to talk with NARS customer service to see if I could get some kind of proof that they DID sell the palette for $50. Ugh. Grr. Ugh.

pmjc69

^let us know if u could still get it for $50. I should've ordered it from NARS website when it was still $50
ssad.gif
. now only nordstrom have it and they're selling for $55. wth?

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjc69
^let us know if u could still get it for $50. I should've ordered it from NARS website when it was still $50
ssad.gif
. now only nordstrom have it and they're selling for $55. wth?

I made friends with Erika at NARSCosmetics.com's customer service.
greengrin.gif
The good news is that NARS will resume selling palette on August 1st for $50. The bad news is that Nordstrom is being a complete jerk about this. Unless someone wants to fax their online receipt to those of us who have the dumb palette preordered, we're SOL. Nordies won't price match unless the palette is on sale online while the Anniversary Sale is going on. I don't even have to look to know that the sale most likely ends on the 31st, if the palette's going back on sale on the 1st.

wannabelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShadow
greengrin.gif
The good news is that NARS will resume selling palette on August 1st for $50. The bad news is that Nordstrom is being a complete jerk about this. Unless someone wants to fax their online receipt to those of us who have the dumb palette preordered, we're SOL. Nordies won't price match unless the palette is on sale online while the Anniversary Sale is going on. I don't even have to look to know that the sale most likely ends on the 31st, if the palette's going back on sale on the 1st.

i'm so disappointed!

I should've ordered it when i could have, now i have to wait till august 1st and i would've been gone. i was hoping i could get this during my US trip mid july. will the NARS stand alone store carry this?

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelyn
i'm so disappointed!

I should've ordered it when i could have, now i have to wait till august 1st and i would've been gone. i was hoping i could get this during my US trip mid july. will the NARS stand alone store carry this?

I have no idea, I'm sorry!

pmjc69

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShadow
greengrin.gif

thanks for letting us know
smiles.gif
. I don't mind too much waiting to get the palette. I love to see reviews of it anyways
smiles.gif
. i'm glad NARS online will resume selling it at the price of $50.

Latest posts