Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

hello_my_apple

yea i and i'm with you on hoping things changed Lord knows we need it .. my health coverage sucks! and i work for the state lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
I do want him to a good job, I was very excited and hopeful when he got elected. I would love to see a better healthcare system, but I like I said I have not seen anything changed yet.. a year is a long time, and I still see many people suffering
ssad.gif

hello_my_apple

i think health care is a nobel thing to be awarded for .. when you keep people sick and such they are better to govern in reality like Tony Bennet said a unhealthy citizen is easier to govern because when you are sick you become hopeless. i want a healthy government! we both want him to do well no deny that! that would make us horrible americans .. im just saying give him a chance .. and just for the record .. for every once bad term it takes about 20 years to fully fix ... and we had two bad terms lol. o he has alot of caca to fix and health care i think is the easiest. i think the plan would be awesome seeing as though Obama watched him mom die of breast cancer fighting her insurance company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
And I was simply pointing out that changing America's crappy healthcare system is not Nobel-worthy. The Nobel Prize is given to someone who has done something on a worldwide platform...peace, hunger, etc... And with regards to that, Obama hasn't done much of anything deserving of the award.

I don't disagree that he's made progress toward getting something done for healthcare. What I do disagree with is how fast everything is being pushed forward. I think that if Congress really wants to implement change, then time should be taken to do it correctly. I do think there is tons wrong with healthcare, but I'd hate to see a bill passed in such a hasty fashion, and then end up several years down the line with a problem as large as Medicare/Medicaid is now. A short-term fix isn't always the answer.

And for the record, no I do not want Obama to fail. I'm actually pleasantly surprised with how much more of a centrist he is compared to how he ran during his campaign.

BEA2LS

while i actually agree that health care is worthy of the prize, he got it for a promise of peace, which is where a lot of people have issues with.. getting an award for a promise.

eh, i work for the government, too and my health care still sucks so i understand you there!
smiles.gif
but i am blessed to have any, i have family members with bills in the thousdands for hospital care
ssad.gif

Latest posts