Price Increase - This time it's for real!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Okay, so my counter just got a fax regarding price increases. This time it's for real with an entire list of updated prices. I'm trying to gain access to the Pro Pricing thread so I can update all products.

So for US the price increase is effective August 1st, and most items are increasing by 50 cents or a dollar. Notable increases are Mineralize Eyeshadows which raise fifty cents even though they were just raised like 6 months ago by 3.50, Fragrances will go from 22.50 to 25, and all mascaras being 13.00 including X. Notable items missing from the list are foundations like Studio Fix, Studio Fix Fluid, and Select SPF 15, lip liners, lipglass/lipstick, eyeliners. Perhaps those are staying at the current price point.

CAD items are also being raised by .50 to 1.50 which are effective July 26th.

VintageAqua

Ugh, bummer.
Does that include regular eyeshadows too?

Quads will probably hover around the $40 mark now by fall then.

Thanks for the info, Bunny3.

hawaii02

Sucks donkey balls I tell ya!
ssad.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Regular eyeshadows are mentioned as going up for Canada, but not USA. Palettes/quads, and Mineralize Skinfinishes are not mentioned as going up for either regions.

I'd post everything but I'll wait to see if I can access my pricing thread. Cosmetosaur already has a list.
Bad News, MAC Fans

Mabelle

Why does MAC always shaft Canada?! That's where they were born! Come on Mac, show your birth place some love!!

Does anyone know how much teh eyeshadows are going up in Canada? Is this also the pans?

TISH1124

Well I guess it's a good thing I have started cutting back on my mu purchases and loving what I have....Boooooo...at this rate of price increases in the next couple years they will be outrageous....However still cheaper than most high ends...Just say'n

gildedangel

You would think that in this economy they would at least try to keep prices stable for awhile, after Hello Kitty I am sure that they are making plenty of money. I already have such a hard time affording makeup...
ssad.gif

Leven

Do any other brands do this as often?

For as long as i have loved NARS or MUFE or Urban Decay they have never raised prices
th_dunno.gif

Way to go MAC *sarcasm*

Your lucky the fall collections sound so yummy or else i would move on lol
winks.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Regular eyeshadows are mentioned as going up for Canada, but not USA. Palettes/quads, and Mineralize Skinfinishes are not mentioned as going up for either regions.

angry.gif
wow how nice of them! Obvisouely even though CAD is worth more than US dollar right now, we still pay more for MAC here. And then we have to pay even more for eyeshadows. I'm very impressed, NOT!

It's a good think Im buying waaaaay less makeup than I used to, especially I'm buying less MAC and more MUFE stuff.

Thanks for posting this Bunny.

capmorlovesmac

WTF2.gif
Again?

The eyeshadows for example already increased from 15,50 EUR to 16,50 EUR in February here and now they could increase to 17 EUR or 17,50 EUR?
angry.gif

This is insane! And sad.
ssad.gif

Thank you for the news BunnyBunnyBunny!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
WTF2.gif
Again?

The eyeshadows for example already increased from 15,50 EUR to 16,50 EUR in February here and now they could increase to 17 EUR or 17,50 EUR?
angry.gif

This is insane! And sad.
ssad.gif

Thank you for the news BunnyBunnyBunny!

This increase is only for US and Canada. We have no word for anywhere else, but I imagine it'd go up sometime this year.
ssad.gif

Roxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Why does MAC always shaft Canada?! That's where they were born! Come on Mac, show your birth place some love!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
angry.gif
wow how nice of them! Obvisouely even though CAD is worth more than US dollar right now, we still pay more for MAC here. And then we have to pay even more for eyeshadows. I'm very impressed, NOT!

No shit. This is truly just getting ridiculous. Twice a year price increases, diminishing product quality, shrinking product sizes..... Way to foster customer loyalty, MAC
angry.gif

I guess from here on out I'm just going to only buy those few products that I truly want/need and know damn well that I will use, and simply wait to pick up everything else I'm interested in when it inevitably hits the CCO's. Which at this rate it would appear lot more collections will be doing.

Latest posts