Price Increase - This time it's for real!

spunky

nothing seems to have happened on the UK site... no doubt it'll come
ssad.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
nothing seems to have happened on the UK site... no doubt it'll come
ssad.gif

we already had our increase this year hun
smiles.gif
so we shouldn't get another one
smiles.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
we already had our increase this year hun
smiles.gif
so we shouldn't get another one
smiles.gif

oh right!
smiles.gif

i thought that was because VAT went back up
th_dunno.gif
yeah, i'm crap at economics
tong.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
MAC is getting really greedy...

Agreed. They'll soon be out of their original price point and I personally don't think MAC product warrants Chanel prices.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Agreed. They'll soon be out of their original price point and I personally don't think MAC product warrants Chanel prices.

I personally think that they are already out of the original price point.
th_LMAO.gif

MAC is about to open the door for a more moderately-priced department makeup brand to conquer the age 15 to 30 and multicultural markets. There has to be something between drugstore brands and Bobbi Brown/Chanel/etc. prices.
nope.gif

DILLIGAF

Quote:
I personally think that they are already out of the original price point.
th_LMAO.gif

MAC is about to open the door for a more moderately-priced department makeup brand to conquer the age 15 to 30 and multicultural markets. There has to be something between drugstore brands and Bobbi Brown/Chanel/etc. prices.
nope.gif

INGLOT is right on their ass. If they EVER get the website up and running it could be trouble. They are opening an INGLOT store in Aventura Mall. Looks like they are going to put it right across from the current MAC store.

jazmatazz

Quote:
MAC is getting really greedy...

I agree, it's getting to the point where I will really scrutinize each purchase and whether it's worth the cost for me.

I know price increases are set way far in advance, but this really isn't the economy to raise prices on a discretionary/non-necessity product.

But seeing as things are selling out on the website hours after being released, they probably don't have a shortage of customers.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbh02b
looks like lipstick, lipglass and eyeshadow all went up by .50 cents on the US site

the shadows didn't go up. they've been $14.50 for awhile now.

lashes and all mascaras are now $14.

splattergirl

no idea if someone mentioned this but they're probably trying to get back the money they are donating to the Juarez charities :/

twiztdlilangel

So do we know exactly what all the prices went up on? and how much the increase is for each? Sorry I'm still pretty new to mac

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattergirl
no idea if someone mentioned this but they're probably trying to get back the money they are donating to the Juarez charities :/

the price increase has been planned long before the charity donation.

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztdlilangel
So do we know exactly what all the prices went up on? and how much the increase is for each? Sorry I'm still pretty new to mac

iagree.gif
I would like to know, too.