Price Increase - This time it's for real!

n_c

Well that sucks! I don't think I will be purchasing much more after august
ssad.gif

alka1

very disappointing, but we all knew it'd happen at some point or another
ssad.gif

that list posted on Cosmetosaur made me dizzy just reading it.. one good thing - I didn't see any brushes on the US list!

NeonKitty

Well, here in Canada, a Dior quint is virtually the same price as getting 5 pans of MAC shadows. Guess I'll be buying more Dior and MUFE, because I really hate it when we get shafted, particularly when we have a strong dollar.

foxxylatina07

I looked over at the list and I'm shocked to find Studio Sculpt foundation being raised. Wait, what? Didn't this just come out not too long ago?? That sux. Anyway, I also didn't noticed any brushes or lipsticks being raised or my HG Studio Fix Fluid. Which, that I'm happy about but still it sux that they're raising the prices again. That's friggin crazy. Oh well I'ma have to stock up on my cleanse off oil. That I know is going to be raised
cry.gif

Shame on MAC for doing this to the loyal customers.
angry.gif

iShadow

How can they keep doing this? I don't say that disbelievingly, I just don't understand why people keep buying when these price increases are so frequent that they're predictable. Personally, I've gotten to the point where if something isn't on sale, I'm not going to shell out "extra" cash to pay full price. I think Macy's is having sales every Friday, so it seems like I'm not the only person spending this way... I think there are a lot of people waiting for the FF sale to make MAC purchases too... Idk.
ssad.gif
This just isn't cool.

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
This is bullish, but hey Chanel, YSL and MUFE are more expensive, so I'm not gonna bitch!

Apples and Oranges imo. :x

L1LMAMAJ

that is crazy!! i can't even afford mac anymore and now with the price increase, i will really have to "shop my stash." this may be a good thing.
smiles.gif

side note: drugstore products are going up to! i saw covergirl lash blast for over 11 bucks at a drugstore the other day..

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
...after Hello Kitty I am sure that they are making plenty of money.

are you serious? dude, we're sitting on sooo much hello kitty right now! we've got more stuff still on hand that what sold! we sold out of almost everything with the first go round, but once they restocked us (and boy did they restock us) we haven't sold hardly anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leven
Do any other brands do this as often?

For as long as i have loved NARS or MUFE or Urban Decay they have never raised prices
th_dunno.gif

nars has increased their prices. not sure by how much, but when they increase em, they increase em by a few dollars every few years, instead of $.50 every year like mac. they're definately not the same price as when i started getting nars a few years back.

not sure about other brands as i don't use those.

purrtykitty

Chanel has gone way up over the years. When I first started buying glossimers, they were $20 or $21...now they're $25.

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Chanel has gone way up over the years. When I first started buying glossimers, they were $20 or $21...now they're $25.

I thought they were $27? I know I got Twinkle a few years ago for $25..

chocolategoddes

and yet we'll still keep buying.
MAC better come out with some AMAZING collections when this price increase occurs!

Damn right.

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
and yet we'll still keep buying.

I can't keep up anymore. :/

PinkHearts2314

I'll probably make a lot of purchases at imats as the bulk of my makeup spending for a while since the stuff will be cheaper than usual, especially mufe which I cant wait to try. I love mac but I hear that even the pro card went to 20% off? Any know anything about that?

Ruby_Woo

I've worked for different brands, and I can tell you that it happens in ALL of them. Just like w/ groceries, gas, milk. Minimum wage goes up, cost of living goes up, everything goes up. It doesn't apply to MAC alone. The cost of manufacturing goes up, the price of materials go up, people get raises, I mean it all adds up.

wishingforsn0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShadow
I thought they were $27? I know I got Twinkle a few years ago for $25..

yep, theyre $27... which is why i dont buy chanel anymore.

MrsMay

hey all... just letting you know that there is a comprehensive list of what has gone up and how much by here:

US Prices:
MAC US Price Increases

Canadian Prices:
MAC Canada Price Increases

I will definately be getting some of my staples in the F+F sale as a CP before it goes up... I can only imagine what the price increase is going to be like when it hits Australia!