Price Increase - This time it's for real!

Mayflydragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzFit
I think the prices have already gone up in Canada I seen colour craft up and MSF's list for $32.50 I thought there were $29.50?

I think they use to be $32.00, but regardless, Canada has officially been hit by the price hike. I think they changed the prices when they updated the MAC website to add the Colour Craft Collection. However it seems that products which are not from this collection haven't been changed yet. Fix + is still at $20.00, eyeshadow is still at $17.00.

foxxylatina07

With the way this is going by the time they re-release Stereo Rose and Pleasureflush it'll be overly expensive and not many people (including myself) will be able to buy them. They're too much as it is imagine when they decide to do this (as mentioned above.) *Shakes head in disbelief*

LMD84

the price increase happened in the uk last week and some items went up by quite a bit! msf's are now £19 when they were £17 and dazzleglasses are £14. good job i won't be buying anymore of them for a while!

sucks because i wanted to buy so much more from colour craft
ssad.gif

Almost black.

As much as I like MAC, it is quite expensive for me since I have to buy it online (we don't have MAY in Croatia) which means I have to pay the product + shipping
ssad.gif

And now if they increase their prices I really doubt I'll buy MAC any time soon.
ssad.gif

wizzer3245

Urghh the increase sucks!
I'm a bit strapped for cash after my holiday, i return to find color craft is already here in the UK and now this! MAC you really aren't helping me out here!

LoopyLoo

This hike is scary.
nonono.gif
I'll only get MAC on Duty free from now onwards - and only in the States where it's cheaper.
So annoying, I will be buying about a third less of MAC than I used to now to compensate. Way to go, MAC - not
angry.gif

erine1881

just a heads up everyone. the price increase happened today at macys. i don't know if it occurred everywhere else as well, but things are ringing up at the new prices at macys now.

Ambonee

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
just a heads up everyone. the price increase happened today at macys. i don't know if it occurred everywhere else as well, but things are ringing up at the new prices at macys now.

We still haven't even gotten the memo
thmbdn.gif
...I told my manager today and she asked if I could print it out for her lol. (she knows I'm on these boards)

Do we have a updated price list now?

erine1881

^^^we got a fax about a week ago saying that the prices go into effect today for canada, and saturday for the US, but then we got one within the last few days saying it was pushed up to today for the US.

lashes and mascara-$13
all foundations (except SF, SFF, select spf)-$29.50
brow set-$14.50
blush-$18.50
powders-$22
all MES-$19.50
wipes-$18 & $26
nail polish-$12
all concealers-$16.50
fragrance-$25
lash curler-$16
plushglass-$18
eyebrows-$15
p&p eye-$16.50
p&p lash-$14
p&p skin-$25
p&p skin-$30
cleanse off oil-$22
fast response-$30
studio moisture cream-$32
foundation pump-$5
lightful deep ultra-$38
lightful foam-$24
lightful active soft-$30
fix+-$18
microfine refinisher-$28

hmm.gif
what else was there?

that's all i remember off the top of my noggin.

MzFit

I was shopping at the Bay today and the prices had not gone up got strike a pose $17.00.
smiles.gif

allthatgl1tt3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
while mac may increase their shadows $.50 every year, for example, other companies increase their's $2 every four years. its the same thing, you just don't notice it as much cuz its not as often.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Don't get me wrong, I understand price increases need to happen. Inflation, wages, research and development, etc. I know where all the money goes.

But as Erine says - most cosmetic manufacturers introduce these price hikes slowly and gradually every year. They don't get greedy and slap on a $2/£2 increase or even more on top every 6 months!

I cannot believe the rate at which MAC makeup prices are going up. In two years time it will probably cost something in the region of $50/£40 for a foundation - we're talking more than Chanel prices here!

Do they realise who their target market is anymore? I don't want to discriminate or make a sweeping statement, but when I go to a MAC counter 95% of the customers that are there are teenagers or women in their 20s-30s, i.e. women with minimal budgets, 9 times out of 10.

MAC has a VERY loyal following, even after the years of price hiking so far, people have stuck with them (obviously all if not most Specktrites!). But if they carry on the way they are, the loyal devotees won't have the money to support them anymore!
ssad.gif

erine1881

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but i wanted to let ya'll know that the price increase goes into affect tmrw, july 31st at macy's, and august 1st at all other locations.

i don't yet know what or how much the increase is, but its gonna be there.

sleepyhead

as far as i can tell. lipstick + lipglasses + nail polish + brush cleanser are $1 more on the canadian site. eyeshadows + blushes still the same price