Price Increase - This time it's for real!

CantAffordMAC

This is sad. Ive said it once and Ive said it before....Ive already slowed down on buyin MAC. I will buy during the F&F sale, and the items I really want and love, but after that......Ill probably slow down even more. I can still get my peo card, there are reasons why I havent done that yet but seriously......this is getting pathetic

User38

It makes financial sense -- if you look on the site, there is still product from the prior collections -- thus the sale. The recession has made a lot of their product line innaccessible and the drugstore brands are beating up the Dept. store brands... there is still a cash crunch!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
I've worked for different brands, and I can tell you that it happens in ALL of them. Just like w/ groceries, gas, milk. Minimum wage goes up, cost of living goes up, everything goes up. It doesn't apply to MAC alone. The cost of manufacturing goes up, the price of materials go up, people get raises, I mean it all adds up.

Fair enough but why should some items go up only in Canada?? I'm still annoyed
nonono.gif

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Fair enough but why should some items go up only in Canada?? I'm still annoyed
nonono.gif

I've no idea as I don't live in canada and don't know how things work over there.
th_dunno.gif

You can always write to voice your opinion though.

eskae

Omgosh, I must get my butt to my pro store FAST to get my creme liner! It's going up $3.50!!! Seriously??

*phew* at least the blushes in canada are safe... for now.

User27

Thank you Bunny....must suck playing the bearer of bad news.
tong.gif
Thanks for the heads up because you just slapped a bitch stop buying back ups or dupes of shit and start going further than where you are to my face. Greatly appreciated because I need to start to thinking before I buy anyways. Just found Shimmer's thoughts on the Metal-X eyeshadows after seeing four and buying them up last week....I need someone to slap me before I act for real. I don't know if I'm effed up but I'm still willing to buy it...I just quit leaping at every release when some of the items are so similar to older items.

Thank God they invented CCO's or I'd actually be pissed about this though my CCO had a slight increase recently....hmm....still down.
yes.gif

In the words of chocolategoddes "and yet we'll still keep buying." I second this notion because words have never been so true. ;-)

pampie

The funny thing is that there's like a 200% markup for makeup... it costs nowhere near the amount we pay for the ingredients used to make it. Oh well, it just means I gotta save up a bit more for my MAC purchases now.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampie
The funny thing is that there's like a 200% markup for makeup... it costs nowhere near the amount we pay for the ingredients used to make it. Oh well, it just means I gotta save up a bit more for my MAC purchases now.

cds that sell for $14 don't cost $14 to make. a $90 pair of shoes doesn't cost $90 to make. this is how it is for all goods and services we pay for.

barbieismetal

I thought the eyeshadows here in Canada already went up ?
use to be 16.50 and now are 17

they better not go up anymore :[

MzzRach

I'm already on a near no-buy already, and this just fuels that even more. I'm on a mission to use up my stash and enjoy the many items I already have.

At this point, for me to buy something new, it had better do my dishes and vacuuming as well.
lol.gif

pampie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
cds that sell for $14 don't cost $14 to make. a $90 pair of shoes doesn't cost $90 to make. this is how it is for all goods and services we pay for.

i don't see other companies have annual price increases though

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampie
i don't see other companies have annual price increases though

while mac may increase their shadows $.50 every year, for example, other companies increase their's $2 every four years. its the same thing, you just don't notice it as much cuz its not as often.

Ruby_Woo

Seriously, I know its like a total bummer. It truly is. But its economics and business. Thats why we don't have .25 cent ice cream cones anymore, or $1 a gallon gas. Everything goes up all the time.

User27

I said a few days ago that I wouldn't care about paying extra money for the products as I've been a MAC lover for ages. I know that Estee Lauder has control of MAC and changed formulas after taking over...never questioned it because I love the products. Please to god tell me everything on the following website is inaccurate because it hasn't been updated since 4/01/05 but the ingredients are still the same. I'd still pay the price as long as someone said that website was rubbish and outdated or just concocted.

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/pro..._id%3 D322%26

I'm an avid MAC lover and love the shadows they have come out with but is there any truth to this site? If you all say that's wrong, I'll be ecstatic again. This just killed my OMG, I got more MAC buzz for real and I'm hoping someone will let me know that site is inaccurate. Many thanks from somebody who has spent hundreds of dollars on products over the years and please know I wasn't trying to start a fight. I know of no line that offers the versatility to me that MAC has over the years and need to know it's safe to use. Any help would be more than greatly appreciated and I'll call Estee Lauder Monday to let them know what's being posted around the web. Thank you guys.

Nzsallyb

we have just had a cruel price increase here. e/s have gone up $2, along with nail polishes, and beauty powder blushes have gone up $5 yikes! all this price increasing def makes me think more when i spend

MzFit

I think the prices have already gone up in Canada I seen colour craft up and MSF's list for $32.50 I thought there were $29.50?

PurpleOrchid

In this economy, MAC is being exceedingly stupid in going through with this price increase. Yes, I know they have scheduled increases, but they could have held off this time due to everything that is going on now. MAC doesn't seem to be doing blockbuster business anymore with their gazillion "special" collections they put out, so I don't see how this is going to help them at all. I don't know about others, but I have to think 4 times as much before I make any purchase now, especially hobby related ones.

PurpleOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
Seriously, I know its like a total bummer. It truly is. But its economics and business. Thats why we don't have .25 cent ice cream cones anymore, or $1 a gallon gas. Everything goes up all the time.

Of course, but not with the speed that MAC's products seem to. It took several decades for a cup of coffee to go from 50 cents to what it is now. MAC does this to us several times a year. And while I'm still a MAC fan, I think they are out of touch with people's realities. Despite what gas costs, I still need to buy it to go to work. MAC makeup, while I love it, I can definitely go without it and be pickier about what I buy now.