Resolution "LOW-BUY" 2014! Who wants to play?

Serenityy

Ok... that's what THIS thread is for! Think about your stash and your needs...
MA is going to be your golds like your Glorify or Double Def. FP is in that peachy/orange genre that seems to be popular. So that sort of color is going to keep coming back I think.
T has MA under the category "Most Easily Duped" and I think I agree.
So, that being said, decide if your collection has more Goldish highlighters or Peachy highlighters... and then choose the one you have less of IF you HAVE to get one! Superb you already have, and I think the hands down winner in this trio. So you're one step in the right direction that you already have that one!

Just to add, I had both of these new EDSF on my list too, and decided to skip MA. I'll be getting FP only. HTH
Thanks girl I needed this. I do not own any gold highlights, no Glorify or Double Def. But I just noticed the "Most Easily Duped" list. The only peachy highlighter I have is Adored, which I really like on me. Tough decisions but I am really leaning more towards Fairly Precious like you. Hope it's the right choice!

BrinaBoo10

I just crossed a lipstick off my list from Punk Couture: Studded Kiss. I don't need another red. I am only getting one item from Huggable: Rusty. I want to try the new formula.

PixieDancer

Thanks girl I needed this. I do not own any gold highlights, no Glorify or Double Def. But I just noticed the "Most Easily Duped" list. The only peachy highlighter I have is Adored, which I really like on me. Tough decisions but I am really leaning more towards Fairly Precious like you. Hope it's the right choice!
Ok.... let me say this.... If you have and already LOVE Adored as a peachy highlighter.... get MA instead. Gold highlighters are beautiful! And just because it's easily duped doesn't matter if you don't have any of the dupes! So this could be your 1 awesome gold highlighter that you've been missing! So my vote for you, based on what you've said, is get MA and skip FP. Just my opinion. Hope I didn't just confuse you more!!!

EDIT (w more info): And like I said before, I think FP is going to be a color we see a lot more of. So you'll have other chances to snag this shade if you run out of Adored or want to try another peachy highlighter in the future.
Also, I think a pretty gold highlight will look GORGEOUS with your new red hair!!! JMHO

LinenWhite7

So, I just cruised Ulta's sale section. For the $66 I could have easily spent on MAC MA and Huggable, I could get Urban Decay Black Market 6 liner set, Smashbox Wondervision palette, and Cargo Let's Meet in Paris eyeshadow palette if I used my 20% coupon. Crazy.

Serenityy

@Serenityy I added some thoughts to my prior post
Thank you again! This makes more sense to me. I really should just go for the gold highlighter since it really is something thats missing from my collection. So I'm going to bite the bullet and just get MA instead. Today I got matched with MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation in NC30, hopefully my skin and my red hair agrees with the gold.
smiles.gif

I'm also thinking of skipping Morning Rose lipstick (which is also on my list) because it really is dupable the more I look at it. I can't think of skipping Hell Bound, it looks too pretty.

Wow I really just narrowed my list to two things. Never thought I'd see the day.
thud.gif

Glitteryvegas

My beautiful friend purchased me Cockiness eyeliner and Phresh Out quad for Christmas. I couldn't believe my eyes! I was so, so amazed. She had no idea I was so interested in the Riri Collection, so I couldn't believe her choices - so spot on for me. Her generosity was so, so amazing - I'm so spoiled!
yahoo.gif

I'm considering Superb vs. FP for Magnetic Nude. I have Adored and it doesn't really show up on me that well. But I'm not very dark skinned - I'm actually very fair, with blue/grey eyes. I bought 2 out of 3 skinfinishes from Divine Nights (Scene to be Seen and Perfectly Poised). Both are very dark on me, so I have to use a light hand. Any suggestions for me?!

PixieDancer

My beautiful friend purchased me Cockiness eyeliner and Phresh Out quad for Christmas. I couldn't believe my eyes! I was so, so amazed. She had no idea I was so interested in the Riri Collection, so I couldn't believe her choices - so spot on for me. Her generosity was so, so amazing - I'm so spoiled!
yahoo.gif

I'm considering Superb vs. FP for Magnetic Nude. I have Adored and it doesn't really show up on me that well. But I'm not very dark skinned - I'm actually very fair, with blue/grey eyes. I bought 2 out of 3 skinfinishes from Divine Nights (Scene to be Seen and Perfectly Poised). Both are very dark on me, so I have to use a light hand. Any suggestions for me?!
What a sweet friend! Enjoy your goodies!

What's your skintone? If your NC, Superb will be a nice shade! It seems to get problematic on darker NW's though. If Superb will compliment your skintone, I think you should try that one. It's the most original and unique out of the 3 from MN. And of the other highlighters you listed, it will be a new shade you don't already have.

Serenityy

We are skintwins! I'm NC30/35!... (Shellcat's also a NC30/35) I think that seals the deal... go for MA. I like Glorify and WoG as metallic gold highlighters for me, so I think they will work great!
I am skipping MR too now. I'm going to get OFP Huggable instead. Same color family. Close to Venus (my true pink lipstick LOVE). And a chance to try the new formula instead of adding a potential dupe & ordinary color to my huge lipstick stash in the reg lipstick variety. Since the Huggables are more of a blam/stain hybrid, at least I feel like I'm adding something different even if the shade is common. So, maybe try OFP and skip that MR.
You are rocking your low-buy already and it's not even 2014 yet!!! I'm a Proud mama! HeeHee

What's your skintone? If your NC, Superb will be a nice shade! It seems to get problematic on darker NW's though. If Superb will compliment your skintone, I think you should try that one. It's the most original and unique out of the 3 from MN. And of the other highlighters you listed, it will be a new shade you don't already have.
Hooray for skintwins! I am always matched all over the place. Before today I was "matched" with NC20, that was a serious no-go. Oh my, since I'm not home to look in my stash, I just realize I have WoG.
icon_eek.gif
WoG can't be too close to MA, right? Glorify is closer to MA if anything?
You know I forgot about the Huggables! Idk if should check those out, I'm scared I might go crazy lol.
I'm trying to go strong with this low-buy! It's best I start early to boost my confidence in tackling it full on during 2014.
winks.gif

PixieDancer

Hooray for skintwins! I am always matched all over the place. Before today I was "matched" with NC20, that was a serious no-go. Oh my, since I'm not home to look in my stash, I just realize I have WoG.
icon_eek.gif
WoG can't be too close to MA, right? Glorify is closer to MA if anything?
You know I forgot about the Huggables! Idk if should check those out, I'm scared I might go crazy lol.
I'm trying to go strong with this low-buy! It's best I start early to boost my confidence in tackling it full on during 2014.
winks.gif
WoG is NOTHING like Glorify. They are just both in my "gold highlighter" category. You are still safe to go with MA!
I'm only getting one Huggable just to try the formula. The colors aren't super special. So I thought I'd replace the MN lippie MR I was going to get with a similar color in this new formula. And Liba said OFP Huggable was close to Venus... which is MY pink! I've already gone through a whole tube and am onto my bu!

BTW.... no more BU's for me in 2014 either! No matter what! I have just had enough experience with MAC now to know they will keep bringing back repromotes and even very close dupes of things I love! No reason for me to hoard.... ever! Even a lost or stolen product is 1-2 collections away from a dupe.

Serenityy

WoG is NOTHING like Glorify. They are just both in my "gold highlighter" category. You are still safe to go with MA!
I'm only getting one Huggable just to try the formula. The colors aren't super special. So I thought I'd replace the MN lippie MR I was going to get with a similar color in this new formula. And Liba said OFP Huggable was close to Venus... which is MY pink! I've already gone through a whole tube and am onto my bu!

BTW.... no more BU's for me in 2014 either! No matter what! I have just had enough experience with MAC now to know they will keep bringing back repromotes and even very close dupes of things I love! No reason for me to hoard.... ever! Even a lost or stolen product is 1-2 collections away from a dupe.
Okay perfect! I'm glad they are nothing alike, so now I'm officially set on MA! I do not own Venus, but I am a huge pink lover so I may need to check out OFP.
I'm with you on the no more back ups thing! I have wayyy too many backups of things, time to just let things be because MAC for sure will eventually repromote or have that close dupe like you said!

MsKb

Ok.... let me say this.... If you have and already LOVE Adored as a peachy highlighter.... get MA instead. Gold highlighters are beautiful! And just because it's easily duped doesn't matter if you don't have any of the dupes! So this could be your 1 awesome gold highlighter that you've been missing! So my vote for you, based on what you've said, is get MA and skip FP. Just my opinion. Hope I didn't just confuse you more!!!

EDIT (w more info): And like I said before, I think FP is going to be a color we see a lot more of. So you'll have other chances to snag this shade if you run out of Adored or want to try another peachy highlighter in the future.
Also, I think a pretty gold highlight will look GORGEOUS with your new red hair!!! JMHO
these responses def helped me too... I think i'm gonna go with MA..it might be better for my nc42/43 skin...I think I may also skip picking up any of the blushes (wanted one, another was a maybe), gonna skip the lipsticks, didn't even bother looking at the lip glass and hopefully i'll be able to hold out and not bother with them at all. Fluidlines are my weakness so i'm hoping to skip at least one of for the most play with them inshore before i buy them online indiscriminately. really loving being part of this thread

PixieDancer

@MsKb glad we could help!

I'm also skipping all the MN lipsticks and have also not looked at the glosses at all! I have WAY too many to use up before I can even consider buying even 1 more!
Def look at those fluidlines in the store. They may not be the "must haves" you think. I hear most people are going to use them on the lower lashline. I have PLENTY of UD and other brand liners for that job. For the most part, if I line my upper lid w a fluidline, I want a statement liner color. Or else I can just use my other brand liners that don't dry out as quickly as a Fluidline can. If you must indulge because you are a big Fluidline fan... I def think you could narrow it down to one and really focus on giving it a lot of attention!

MsKb

I'm also skipping all the MN lipsticks and have also not looked at the glosses at all! I have WAY too many to use up before I can even consider buying even 1 more!
Def look at those fluidlines in the store. They may not be the "must haves" you think. I hear most people are going to use them on the lower lashline. I have PLENTY of UD and other brand liners for that job. For the most part, if I line my upper lid w a fluidline, I want a statement liner color. Or else I can just use my other brand liners that don't dry out as quickly as a Fluidline can. If you must indulge because you are a big Fluidline fan... I def think you could narrow it down to one and really focus on giving it a lot of attention!
this makes me happy to hear because I use fluidlines in the same way on the upper lid. i don't really do much with the lower lashline. I have about 14 fluid lines and I realise that quite a few i've only ever used once or twice so hopefully once the willpower remains I may only pick up one or even none. i'm feeling optimistic

also...i wanted all the lipsticks from PC but i've actually talked myself out of them. lately i've been into the vampy lip but honestly the only one I would wear often was studded kiss but I figure that owning Talk that Talk and Fixed on Drama should suffice plus MAC has a few permanent vampy colours that I can always pick up so i've decided to skip the lipsticks. Furthermore the collection is not coming out in my country so if i skip online buying then once i miss it, it will not tempt me in store.

Glitteryvegas

Quote: Originally Posted by PixieDancer

This sounds strange, but I've never had my skin tone matched. I don't wear foundation or cover up. If I had to kind of guess, I would say NW just based on foundation swatches online (I look good in pink, coral, purple, and gold tones).

I think I might go in and swatch to double check what will look good on me. I don't think I can do this one online!

novocainedreams

After reading lots of different posts on here I think I have narrowed down my wants from MN even more to just Fairly Precious, Steel Kiss and maybe Morning Rose. I do have a lot of liners, not fluidlines but similar colors and I would probably use it as a base not a liner, so for the size probably not worth it, maybe get a paint pot some other time. I don't generally wear lip gloss often so I don't have a ton and Steel Kiss seems kind if unique. And I know Morning Rose is said to be easily dupeable but I don't think I have colors similar since I am generally a red/purple/coral lip person. I would love to get A Natural Flirt or Silver Dawn shadow but not for $20.

As the month comes to an end I am going through my stash to create a giveaway pile, blog-sale pile and trash old/bad products to help me organize. So much I haven't even used yet! And I am actually looking forward to shopping my stash each week!

Audrey C

I love highlighters but I'm skipping all the EDSF. I already have:

Dior Amber Diamond
Hourglass Luminous LIght
Hourglass Incandescent Light
Benefit Watt's Up
Becca Opal Skin Perfector
MAC Shell Pearl
MAC Adored
MAC Light Year (in my sales thread)
MAC Redhead (in my sales thread)
MAC Definitely Defined
MAC Perfectly Poised
MAC Amber Glow

There is no way I need another highlighter. I don't think there's any shade that will look materially different from anything I have, particularly since I have a light hand with them. Would I like Superb and Fairly Precious? Definitely. But not only do I not need them, I know they really wouldn't add anything to my collection. So I'm skipping, no matter how tempting the new EDSF are.

Besides, I got the Hourglass Ambient powders at 20% off. MAC EDSF are simply not at that level, IMO, and cost almost as much per gram as I paid for the Ambient Powders. So no.

Spikesmom

Swagbucks is a 'search engine' site that also gives you points for various things. You then redeem those points for giftcards to a myriad of places. So you take surveys, complete special offers, watch videos, use the search engine etc and earn points.

It can take a tiny bit to get used to the site and how to get points, and yes it can be slow goings. But I have no life, so I'm basically on there all the time.

You can sign up here. www.swagbucks.com/refer/SweetSweetIrony
I just signed up through your link. I'm confused though. I got 30 swagbucks for signing up, completing my profile etc... I clicked a link to get 2 swagbucks for watching a video but after I watched the video I still had 30. Am I missing a step?

Back on topic... I think I've talked myself out of the entire MN collection!! At this point I'm only interested in Autoerotique blush and A Quiet Roar l/g. I really don't need a blush or a lipgloss but I've never tried this blush formula and I can back to mac for the lipglass. I think I will probably be able to totally skip though and not lose sleep, yay!!!!