Revlon ColorStay Mineral Powders - MSF/MB Dupes

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens
I went to Wal-Mart and they had them, but for the price? They are SMALL @_@ I'll probably pass it by now... especially since I am saving for Rose Romance and I just acquired a "real" Lightscapade 8D ~throws confetti!~

Get thee to a Marshalls STAT and get the Sugar baked blushes instead. I really think you'll like them better. This is from someone who is not a big Sugar's makeup fan.

Tish - I'm charging my camera batteries now. I'll post pictures and swatches a little later.

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
Get thee to a Marshalls STAT and get the Sugar baked blushes instead. I really think you'll like them better. This is from someone who is not a big Sugar's makeup fan.

Tish - I'm charging my camera batteries now. I'll post pictures and swatches a little later.

And I am a Sugar Fan 8D I shall go check them out tomorrow! Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

coachkitten

I went to Walgreens today and bought all of my new Revlon baked mineral color blushes and the lightscapade looking one. I will post pictures later this evening for you all with some comparison shots with MSFs.
smiles.gif

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I went to Walgreens today and bought all of my new Revlon baked mineral color blushes and the lightscapade looking one. I will post pictures later this evening for you all with some comparison shots with MSFs.
smiles.gif

Thanks a ton dear!
greengrin.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I got Gingerbread at Sephora when they were half off and I really like it a lot. And it is huge. I actually think the powder is really fine but I agree that the finish is metallic, which has a nice effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
On a side note: Sugar Cosmetics Baked Blushes in Gingerbread and Cupcake have been showing up at Marshalls for $3.99. They look like the Grand Duo blushes in that it's two different colored halves in in each blush. I picked up both today and they're very nice. Cupcake is like a more pink version of Perfect Topping. It gives a glow with a little bit of sparkle, but nothing obnoxious. The Gingerbread blusher/bronzer has a warm Cranberry side and a bronzer side and is a gorgeous warm blush. It reminds me of Northern Lights in terms of color. Both of them have a metallic effect, but it isn't hash - a nice soft glow. These aren't as finely milled a powder as msfs, but aren't big glittery bombs either. The product amount is quite generous, 22g. These will probably last me a lifetime.
So if you're jonesing for a msf clone and the Revlon one's haven't shown up in your neck of the woods, you might check your Marshalls or TJ Maxx's out.
Just thought I'd pass this on, since Sugar is being phased out.

ZoZo

Quote:
smiles.gif

I saw these last week at walgreens and decided to get one or may be two, but let me see and read your reviews first
greengrin.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
smiles.gif

I can't wait to hear and see your reviews!!! if you bought them all they must have been pretty!

coachkitten

Alright here are some pictures and swatches as promised. I will do more MAC MSF comparisions tomorrow as I am tired. Sorry this is so pic heavy! All swatches on NW15 skin. Enjoy!

EDIT: I forgot to put my review of them! Oops! I actaully am really suprised by these. They are smooth and very pigmented. Pure Confection and Brighten are a bit glittery but seem like if they were buffed out they would create a nice subtle glow/highlight. I can't wait to use the two darker ones as bronzer. Sunkiss reminds me a lot of warmed MSF. Suntan Matte does have a little shimmer to it. All four of these with the BOGO at Walgreens cost me $30 and I think that for the quality I got a really good deal. Good quality and a good alternative to MAC's MSFs at half the price.

Revlon Mineral Finishing Powder in 010 Brighten
021-3.jpg

Revlon Mineral Finishing Powder in 020 Suntan Matte
022-2.jpg

Revlon Mineral Finishing Powder in 030 Sunkiss
023-1.jpg

Pure Confection Highlighting Powder vs MAC Lightscapade MSF
015-1.jpg

Top swatch: Revlon Pure Confection Highlighting Powder
Bottom Swatch: Lightscapade MSF
019-2.jpg

From Left to Right: Pure Confection, Brighten, Sunkiss, Suntan Matte w/ Flash
012-1.jpg

TISH1124

Katie!!!! Those are soooo pretty!! It may not be exact to Lightscapade...but from your swatch it is sure in the ballpark...getting them!!!!

SunTan & SunKiss look like the perfect bronzers...so pretty

TISH1124

I am going to go get the SunKiss and SunTan tomorrow.....I can wait on the other two I have two Lightscapades....I will let you know..I am especially excited about the matte one...I would love a Matte Bronzer ..I may get two of those

I have to compare SunKiss to metal Rock

astronaut

Looks like I'll be heading to Walgreens and my nearest Marshalls asap! Those sugar blushes and revlon highlighters look sooo purty!

TISH1124

Uggghhhh On my way to the Post office...Ugghhh Katie!!! Then heading towards Walgreens...uggghhh Katie.....I got a speeding ticket...and I was so pissed and ticked off..I didn't even go into Wagreens to try the MSF thingies....KATIE!!! This is all your fault!!!
angry.gif
girl_devil.gif
Now I have to take the boring online drivers course.....ugghhhhh KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Uggghhhh On my way to the Post office...Ugghhh Katie!!! Then heading towards Walgreens...uggghhh Katie.....I got a speeding ticket...and I was so pissed and ticked off..I didn't even go into Wagreens to try the MSF thingies....KATIE!!! This is all your fault!!!
angry.gif
girl_devil.gif
Now I have to take the boring online drivers course.....ugghhhhh KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that really is my fault! You were going to mail my package and pick up the items at Walgreens that I recommended. I am so sorry Tish!!
ssad.gif
Bad Katie Bad!!

dominichulinda

yeah I almost got it..it does look like something from the sugar sweet collection..but def. overly frosty!!! in person thats why I didn't get it.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ I am glad you take responsibility for this...but I still Love you!!!

I am glad that you still love me even though you got a ticket!
winks.gif
I do feel bad that you got a ticket. That totally sucks.

TISH1124

^^ Thats okay I will take the drivers course...No biggie...I took it for my dh last year...LOL I will sit thru it again for me this year.....Damn I'm glad i saved all the answers ...I can walk around and still answer correctly...and you never told me to speed...that was my lead foot!!