Revlon ColorStay Mineral Powders - MSF/MB Dupes

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Blush or Brush? The brush I have been using is the 187 or 188.

Sorry I meant "Brush" lol
th_LMAO.gif

and FYI I found one of the sugar blushes at Marshalls today.... it is the Pink/Purple one called "Cupcake" and it was only $3.99!!! They are almost twice the product as MAC MSF's too! It is gorgeous in the pan and I tried it on quickly on my cheeks and it looked super pretty! Not sure about how long it lasts though since I showered right afterwards and washed my face. But I just had to try it on. I would def recommend the Sugar baked blushes- they're super pretty
smiles.gif

Willa

I've been trying to find these pretties in Montreal
No chance...
I really want to try it out
I'll keep on looking in different stores
drools.gif

Soleil185

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie
Has anyone tried these yet? I felt like I couldn't get any product onto my brush.

I felt the same way.
ssad.gif
I had to work really hard to see the product/build up the intensity.

MACATTAK

^^ I'm using a big buffer brush. I put the product on the brush, add a spritz of Fix+, and the color shows up perfectly for me.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
Sorry I meant "Brush" lol
th_LMAO.gif

and FYI I found one of the sugar blushes at Marshalls today.... it is the Pink/Purple one called "Cupcake" and it was only $3.99!!! They are almost twice the product as MAC MSF's too! It is gorgeous in the pan and I tried it on quickly on my cheeks and it looked super pretty! Not sure about how long it lasts though since I showered right afterwards and washed my face. But I just had to try it on. I would def recommend the Sugar baked blushes- they're super pretty
smiles.gif

I really like them as well! I have purchased two of the cupcakes ones. It is going to be such pretty summer time blush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
^^ I'm using a big buffer brush. I put the product on the brush, add a spritz of Fix+, and the color shows up perfectly for me.

That is almost exactly the way that I am using them. I have not had any problem with the color showing up but I am also REALLY fair.

MzzRach

I keep looking at these on the new Revlon displays. They look pretty, but I barely use the one MSF I have as it is, so.......
th_dunno.gif

For those who have the Revlon Suntan Matte (I think that's the right name) - how orange does it go on? It looks very, very warm to me. I am NW20.

godsgirl619

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I keep looking at these on the new Revlon displays. They look pretty, but I barely use the one MSF I have as it is, so.......
th_dunno.gif

For those who have the Revlon Suntan Matte (I think that's the right name) - how orange does it go on? It looks very, very warm to me. I am NW20.

I don't know what skin tone I am in MAC but I am Mexican and would describe my skin as a medium with peachy undertones. I picked up Sunkiss (suntan? I forget
tong.gif
) Matte and I *love* it! It reminds me of a Warmed MSF dupe but not as shimmery. It is real pretty and I like it because it doesn't look like a glitter bomb on my cheeks. It is not orange on my skin at all more of a peachy sunkised color

godsgirl619

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK

Ditto0 buffer brush is the way to go!

JStarJStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
I've been trying to find these pretties in Montreal
No chance...
I really want to try it out
I'll keep on looking in different stores
drools.gif

I keep looking for them in Toronto and no luck so far! I've tried Shopper's Drug Mart and Pharma Plus. I plan to try Wal-Mart soon. Does anyone know where to get these in Canada?
drools.gif

MizzTropical

Revlon ColorStay Mineral Finishing Powders?...

Is anyone a fan of these? I want to try Suntan Matte or Sunkiss. Any comments?

Junkie

Revlon's version of Mineralize Skin Finish! Photos and swatches :)

We recieved a new pre-pack at work the other day and I was so excited to see that Revlon has released more of its mineral line, including a set of 3 different Mineral Finishing Powders.

They look very similar (size, shape, compact, mineral line, etc) to MAC, but with a cheaper price tag. They're $16.99 at the moment and come in "Brighten", which is a soft pink highlighter, "Suntan Matte" which is a matte bronzer/contour, and "Sunkiss" (mine shown below) which is a slightly frosty bronzer.

Stats: Net Wt/ 0.31 Oz/ 8.79g
All-over enhancing colour in a talc-free mineral formula with ColorStay longwear.

Revlon describes them as:

"Soft, all-over lift of color that diffuses flaws and minimizes shine".

To use: Using a brush, swirl across powder. Sweep lightly over face in circular motion.

Most pre-packs only house a few of each (4 in this case) and I'm unsure if they're LE or part of a semi-perm collection for the summer.

Either way, the powder has a really nice finish...and I'm unsure of the MAC equivalent/dupe - as I don't usually buy the bronzers/brown MSF's (just pinks and corals).

Photos:

2a99vgw.jpg

155kt37.jpg

Swatch on forearm (NC20-ish) with flash:
2doy0w.jpg

Without flash, natural light:
20773p2.jpg

Size comparisons to Petticoat MSF:
20f3yom.jpg

28juqo2.jpg

25g454w.jpg

Susanne

Re: Revlon's version of Mineralize Skin Finish! Photos and swatches :)

Interesting! Thanks for sharing!

MACATTAK

There is a thread about these. I believe the "Brighten" is said to be a good dupe for Lightscapade.

Junkie

Thanks, did a search but I probably didn't hit the right words.

hairbands4ever

Re: Revlon ColorStay Mineral Finishing Powders?...

For me, they were just ok. I have them in my swap bag, I just don't reach for them. I much prefer my MAC Perfect Topping, or new Physicians Formula pressed pearls (forget the actual name, it's kinda long).