RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection (June 18, 2013)

DarkAngel8595

a7870bdc_image.jpeg
Ummmm.....really??? This is my RRB, I'm so bummed :(

JJJewels

Look at this! What you posted earlier  http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/11068/24987/RiRi-Hearts-MAC/RiRi-Hearts-MAC-Lipstick/index.tmpl And what shows up now http://www.maccosmetics.com/product...mmer/Lips/RiRi-Hearts-MAC-Lipstick/index.tmpl Oh yes my friend, you an awesome hacker who just magically created a very similar link!
I know right? I have a secret identity. I'm so bothered by all of this. We all buy early every release in a similar way. But this time is not ok? Don't they like the hype we create???

Miz Pina

I've been away from the MAC world for a while but couldn't resist these lippies. So sad to read about all the problems everyone has been having with MAC CS.

I don't have many bright berry lipsticks but I thought I would share a few comparison pics. Unlike some others, Heaux doesn't seem to have deepened on me since I put it on about an hour ago.

MAC Russian Red vs RiRiWoo & Nars Scarlet Empress vs Heaux vs Rebel (top: evening light, bottom: indoors w/flash)

StrongWoman

Mac has finally returned my funds. I also got this email. Yes I ordered pre-launch. I don't exactly think it was right for them to cancel my order but whatever no hard feelings. I am more concerned with the ladies on here that aren't getting their goodies and did in fact order post-launch. That's just plain wrong! Dear Annette Thank you for the ten plus years you have been a loyal MAC customer and for the opportunity you have given us to address your concerns. Please accept our apologies for this experience and for any frustration or inconvenience it has caused. Thank you for allowing me to explain that it was through a link that was posted online that customers were able to get to the RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection prior to its official launch. The link was not posted nor sanctioned by MAC Cosmetics. The RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection could not be purchased by going to any publicly displayed page on our Web site at the time your order was placed. Please be assured that this was not a glitch in our system. It is very unfortunate that this occurred and we are very sorry that loyal MAC customers may have been unwittingly involved in a situation that resulted in the cancellation of a much desired shipment. We understand that the decision to cancel orders that were placed prior to the launch has caused disappointment for those who innocently followed a posted link, and for this we are truly sorry. We appreciate your understanding that this action was taken in an effort to maintain fairness for all MAC fans and to allow everyone the same opportunity to purchase the collection. In the interim, I am happy to confirm that the 3 RiRi Hearts MAC Lipsticks are currently available for sale on our site and will be available for shipment in mid-to-late July. If you are interested in purchasing these items, I encourage you to place your order as soon as possible because quantities are limited. If you are still interested in the Bronze and Blush Duo or Lustre Drops, we may be able to assist. We are currently determining if additional quantities of these items will be available due to order cancellations. If you would kindly reply back with your interest in being notified if additional quantities become available, and which items you were interested in, I will personally ensure you are contacted should they become available. Kindly respond back with a convenient phone number where you may be reached. We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us with your concerns and we hope that our response reinforces our desire to continue to assist you. It is never our intention to disappoint a valued and loyal MAC customer, and we hope that you will reconsider and allow us to continue to serve you. Kind regards, Beth Carr Manager - Online Customer Service MAC Cosmetics Online
Dear MAC, The link did not cause your launch to implode. You had 400,000+ customers trying to access the site at noon *like you wanted* and your little experiment failed. Some people waited 4-6 hrs and got zilch. I don't see what pre-launch orders had to do with gateway timeouts. Worse, your decision to manually cancel some pre-launch orders and retrieve packages out for delivery so you can exact revenge on innocent customers is just sad. Lastly, blaming Temptalia or Specktra (where your most loyal customers gather for info) is not only insulting, it tells me you have learned nothing from your mistakes and that I should avoid future MAC Cosmetics Online releases with a set launch time. Sincerely, Your Longtime MAC Fan

scarlettb

i have a backordered order set to ship in july..I want to buy a backup but will they cancel my current order? I'm worried. What yall think?
ohboy.gif

Richelle83

I've been away from the MAC world for a while but couldn't resist these lippies. So sad to read about all the problems everyone has been having with MAC CS.

I don't have many bright berry lipsticks but I thought I would share a few comparison pics. Unlike some others, Heaux doesn't seem to have deepened on me since I put it on about an hour ago.

MAC Russian Red vs RiRiWoo & Nars Scarlet Empress vs Heaux vs Rebel (top: evening light, bottom: indoors w/flash)
drools.gif
Love the swatches!!!

Also post here too please! http://www.specktra.net/t/184065/riri-mac-june-2013#post_2410730

butterflyeyes

Two suggestions... 1.) If you are somewhere it's hot, put your lipsticks in the fridge as soon as you get them and before you play with them. 2.) DO NOT screw lipstick all the way up - well, maybe just once to admire the RiRi signature - but NEVER to put it on. Seriously, folks, you only need to turn up the lipstick enough to get on your lips. Screwing it all the way up risks breakage - especially if it's soft and warm, but even if it's cool and firm. (this is starting to sound kinky - or is it just in my mind...) That's done in movies to look more elegant and in advertisements to sell more product. But to apply lipstick in reality you only need enough to get on your lips - i only turn mine up a little bit past the angle.
I would hope no one was actually trying to apply ANY lipstick while it was fully extended. That would be asking for it to break! The only time I fully extend any lippie is if it is obviously leaning (as was my RiRi Boy upon arrival) to inspect the base. Otherwise I can't imagine a need to do so. I'm hoping I missed something where someone actually said they were doing any of these things! I just hope those of us that received damaged lippies on arrival are in the very small minority!

snowbunny22

Anybody have any suggestions for a l/l to go with Heaux? I just got my black box from UPS today :) I was very pleased that Heaux looks more berry like Karen's swatch than T's :)

brittbby

Dear MAC, The link did not cause your launch to implode. You had 400,000+ customers trying to access the site at noon *like you wanted* and your little experiment failed. Some people waited 4-6 hrs and got zilch. I don't see what pre-launch orders had to do with gateway timeouts. Worse, your decision to manually cancel some pre-launch orders and retrieve packages out for delivery so you can exact revenge on innocent customers is just sad. Lastly, blaming Temptalia or Specktra (where your most loyal customers gather for info) is not only insulting, it tells me you have learned nothing from your mistakes and that I should avoid future MAC Cosmetics Online releases with a set launch time. Sincerely, Your Longtime MAC Fan
Please send this on behalf of all of us lol!

DarkAngel8595

Sigh...not another one! I'm sorry this happened to you. Have you contacted CS already? This has me worried. I called. I have to wait 24-48 hours till a supervisor calls me back & let's me know if they'll replace it or not. One thing I do know is they're gonna give me my money back.....not paying $15 for this.

elegant-one

I know right? I have a secret identity. I'm so bothered by all of this. We all buy early every release in a similar way. But this time is not ok? Don't they like the hype we create???
lol.gif
ohboy.gif

I told them that^ in my recorded response! It happens almost every release
amuse.gif
you're such a crack hack
girlhaha.gif

mekaboo

Every package I receive from MAC has a return sticker included. I don't know what packages you all receive that don't.