RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection (June 18, 2013)

MAC Newbee

Two per item, per order? Or two per item per customer? Last time I know it was 1 per transaction with 4 total. But we had to wait a long time to get those answers...
The way that MUA via live chat explained it to me is that we would not have to make multiple orders because there is more than one lipstick in this collection and that you could buy two of each item that is in the collection and all of that could be just one order, so if you wanted two of each lipstick you should be able to order that as one order and not have to check out and keep doing that over and over again. If someone wanted more that two of each of the items that are being released then I assume you would have to make more than one order. She said that they are doing this because so many people are buying the products and selling them on eBay and they want everybody to have a chance to buy what they want.

JJJewels

The way that MUA via live chat explained it to me is that we would not have to make multiple orders because there is more than one lipstick in this collection and that you could buy two of each item that is in the collection and all of that could be just one order, so if you wanted two of each lipstick you should be able to order that as one order and not have to check out and keep doing that over and over again. If someone wanted more that two of each of the items that are being released then I assume you would have to make more than one order. She said that they are doing this because so many people are buying the products and selling them on eBay and they want everybody to have a chance to buy what they want.
Ok, that makes sense. I have to buy 2 of each lippie for my girl overseas, and then 1 of each for me so I will do two orders. I am actually glad they are taking steps so the passionate MAC-loving people who stalk the site and put some time & effort into getting these items get it!

pinkpaint

I just spoke with MAC via online chat and she said that there will be a limit of two per item and she said that she doesn't think that you will have to check out and keep coming back, but I don't know how much she knows because she kept referring me to customer service. She also told me that she believes that the powder will work on NC 45-50 skintones I hope she is right.
The powder that's coming out this fall/winter, right? Or the blush duo? I'm really hoping for a brown girl's Forever Marilyn. As for the waiting room/check out, this sounds the most plausible of everything we've heard so far. As long as I'm here at Specktra by Wednesday night, I'm sure I won't miss it.

Thanks for the info!

MAC Newbee

The powder that's coming out this fall/winter, right? Or the blush duo? I'm really hoping for a brown girl's Forever Marilyn. As for the waiting room/check out, this sounds the most plausible of everything we've heard so far. As long as I'm here at Specktra by Wednesday night, I'm sure I won't miss it. Thanks for the info!
Its the bronzer blush duo that she said would look good on NC 45-50

erine1881

erine, do you know what date they will be available internationally? i asked a representative on the MAC live chat and they said they didn't have a date but it was sometime in june
That i don't know, as exact international dates aren't listed on any paperwork. Only exact US dates.
We can't return cosmetics that we've tried over here, so using testers is kind of essential given the price of this stuff, I can't afford to pay out for something I'll never wear. That said, I usually just test on my arm, and I'll only try stuff on my lips (never gloss) - after watching it be sanitized - if it's a colour totally different to anything I've tried before, or something I'm really unsure of.
As long as products are properly sanitized with alcohol/tissue, it's highly unlikely you will catch something. 6 1/2 years of daily tester use on myself and I'm fine.
I didn't order RiRi Woo the last time, so could someone please explain the "waiting room" procedure?
Just to clarify on the waiting room process (I've actually never bought MAC online) ... These are just guesses but is it like... You go to the website, put everything in your cart, and then it starts the waiting room? Or o you go to the website and then it assumes everyone is there for the the collection  and puts you in a waiting room? I'm so excited I want more lipsticks I can't stopppp
So you don't click on anything to enter the room? As long as I'm awake and on the website (and refreshing) as soon as it's up it'll put me in the room automatically? Thanks :) Bah I would wait until it hits counters in the Fall but Mac is already pricier in Canada and I don't want to pay more for special packaging that I don't even want!
Ok. This is what the waiting room is. You go online. You HAVE TO add the item(s) to your cart. Virtually you're "in line at the register, waiting for the items to grabbed from the drawer by the artist" and but in your cart. Once the item is in your cart, you can check out. HOWEVER, it's not yours u til you pay for it, which means while it's sitting in your shopping cart, someone else can come and take it out and pay for it. What this means is if you're planning on buying anything else from the other collections or perm line, make sure it's in your cart already before this launches. Because if you waste time adding other stuff to your cart, you will lose the RiRi stuff. If they do the waiting room again, LET THIS BE YOUR WARNING on how to not miss out on these items. Hopefully this answers/clears up any info on the waiting room.
[COLOR=800080]wow! that's way too much back and forth!!! So, buy riri boy, check out. The GO BACK in the waiting room and buy heaux, check out...GO BACK in the waiting room..lol yea..this is going to be interesting.[/COLOR]
If you're just getting RiRi items, you'll be ok to buy all RiRi items in one purchase. If you buy/pay for one item per order, something is bound to sell out i. The time you're wasting checking out for each order. Get all items, checkout, and come back for BUs.

NaomiH

If you're just getting RiRi items, you'll be ok to buy all RiRi items in one purchase. If you buy/pay for one item per order, something is bound to sell out i. The time you're wasting checking out for each order. Get all items, checkout, and come back for BUs.
Erine
urock.gif

sungelly87

I have an extra ririwoo if anyone wants it. UPS lost my first one and then MAC resent it. Today I just got my first one a month later.

iqaganda

Ok, that makes sense. I have to buy 2 of each lippie for my girl overseas, and then 1 of each for me so I will do two orders. I am actually glad they are taking steps so the passionate MAC-loving people who stalk the site and put some time & effort into getting these items get it!
I missed this, what? So they have a limit now?

Richelle83

I missed this, what? So they have a limit now?
I got an email after the chat wasn't working yesterday saying that we can only get 1 item per order and 4 orders per customer. So no 2 heauxs or 2 RRW, 2 RRB and 2 Hibiscus Kiss all in one order. Instead its 1 Heaux order then 1 RRW order, 1 RRB order and finally 1 hibiscus kiss order.

But MAC Newbee else called CS and they were told we could buy two of each item that is in the collection and all of that could be just one order.

KaShaeD

Thanks, I completely understand now. The "waiting room" actually sounds less stressful than stalking the site.

vaisforluvrs

I got an email after the chat wasn't working yesterday saying that we can only get 1 item per order and 4 orders per customer. So no 2 heauxs or 2 RRW, 2 RRB and 2 Hibiscus Kiss all in one order. Instead its 1 Heaux order then 1 RRW order, 1 RRB order and finally 1 hibiscus kiss order.

But MAC Newbee else called CS and they were told we could buy two of each item that is in the collection and all of that could be just one order.
Don't you mean 1 of each item per order, ie 1 order of the RRW, Heaux, RRB, and Hibiscus? If not, I'm starting to get very confused! The story seems to change by the hour!!

erine1881

Actually, it's just as stressful, if not more. Some people were in the waiting room for 5 minutes, others 30 mins-over an hr. it depends on how fast your server is, as well as what device you're using (phone, computer, tablet). My phone and ipad went much faster than my computer, which were all using the same internet connection.

erine1881

Again, different stories from different people at the same location. I do t trust anything CS agents say. We'll have to wait until the release to know the truth.

SydVicious

This collection is a mess, and it hasn't even started! This s*$t is cray!
For realz. I don't mind them limiting the amount each person can get in each order. 2 per items makes total sense to me... most Mac junkies will only be buying 1-2 each anyways, with the diehards getting 3-4, so your would have to place 2 orders. I don't think that's unreasonable. It keeps the Ebay resellers from ordering a ton at a time. I don't see how they can limit you to one item from the collection per order. It's a little silly and you would have to pay shipping on each and every single lipstick and shipping from the warehouse would be insane. I don't see them doing that.

KaShaeD

Actually, it's just as stressful, if not more. Some people were in the waiting room for 5 minutes, others 30 mins-over an hr. it depends on how fast your server is, as well as what device you're using (phone, computer, tablet). My phone and ipad went much faster than my computer, which were all using the same internet connection.
I better use my computer AND phone then.
ohboy.gif