Secret Santa 2008: Information and Hints Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficerJenny

I'm not gonna fill out the survey as I want people to surprise me, but I'm just gonna say i've been on a lipstick/lipgloss/blush kick lately
winks.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
I'm not gonna fill out the survey as I want people to surprise me, but I'm just gonna say i've been on a lipstick/lipgloss/blush kick lately
winks.gif

I don't have you but...what if you get all the colors you already have..

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Yeah I'm excited to...I can't wait to mail my Elf ...I love shopping for other people...So fun!!

Meeee too!!!! I love stuff like this! My family has just started to do a Secret Santa, because we have SO many people in my family. I just got my "elf" today, its my brother. But hes no fun, he just wants gift cards!
th_dunno.gif

As far as when Id like to receive my package: Well I really dont care, but close to Christmas. Whatevers easier! I plan on sending mine like the first or second week in December.

Can we tell our elf who we are when we send the package? or does that still ruin the fun??
greengrin.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Meeee too!!!! I love stuff like this! My family has just started to do a Secret Santa, because we have SO many people in my family. I just got my "elf" today, its my brother. But hes no fun, he just wants gift cards!
th_dunno.gif

As far as when Id like to receive my package: Well I really dont care, but close to Christmas. Whatevers easier! I plan on sending mine like the first or second week in December.

Can we tell our elf who we are when we send the package? or does that still ruin the fun??
greengrin.gif

I was wondering about this too...Because we have to put a return address!

Yeah I hate pulling my brothers name too...We have to list 5 items...
His list
1 Money
2 Cash
3 Bread
4 Dead Presidents
5 Green Backs

He gets on my nerves!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:

His list
1 Money
2 Cash
3 Bread
4 Dead Presidents
5 Green Backs

He gets on my nerves!

greengrin.gif
rofl.gif
Whooo! Too funny. Last year I had my sister, she was easy (girls usually are) My mom made up a little questionnaire, and for "Things you like to do in ur spare time" my brother put "Chill really hard"
th_LMAO.gif

I love my family.

carandru

Quote:

His list
1 Money
2 Cash
3 Bread
4 Dead Presidents
5 Green Backs

He gets on my nerves!

th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

And I want my stuff NOW!! J/K. I don't care when I get it, but before Christmas would be nice. Let's remember that postal service will be crazy beginning (probably) right after Thanksgiving. So the packages will take a little longer than usual to arrive. Plan accordingly. I'm trying to buy/put together all of my elf's stuff by Thanksgiving. I'll try to mail it out Dec 1st.... which really means like December 10th in my world.

TISH1124

^^ My stuff will be ready probably by next weekend, that is if my person has posted his/her list
th_wink3.gif
....But I am trying not to mail it too early.

peacelover18

Hey guys-

In the original post I asked everyone to please send their gifts before the holiday season is over. That means before the end of December (personally I think the best time to send would be late November if you're shipping internationally to early December if you're shipping locally).

If you are going out of town, or have some other reason that you might need your gift a little early, PM me and I'll let your Secret Santa know.

Thanks!

thmbup.gif
santa.gif

SuSana

Quote:

His list
1 Money
2 Cash
3 Bread
4 Dead Presidents
5 Green Backs

He gets on my nerves!

umm this is what i'm putting as my list this year. that really made me lol.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
umm this is what i'm putting as my list this year. that really made me lol.

Yeah, I'm thinking about telling him I thought #3 really meant bread so I got him a gift card to Holsum Bakery.

Holly

Quote:
Yeah, I'm thinking about telling him I thought #3 really meant bread so I got him a gift card to Holsum Bakery.

th_LMAO.gif
Thats too cute haha!

I'll probably send mine near the end of November, I'm kind of a keener like that! haha

I was also wondering the same thing as CantAffordMAC as to when we can let our elf know who their Santa is! Or do we not tell them at all, and itll remain a mystery? Hmm

melliquor

Skintone (NW15, etc): NW20
Hair Color: brown
Eye Color: dark brown
Interests/Hobbies: makeup, mac postcards, reading, photography
Things you Collect (Besides MAC, of course): comics, books, stickers, perfume

Favorite 2008 MAC Collection: Heatherette, Smoke Signals, & NCollection
Favorite All-time MAC Collection: Barbie
5 Things from the Permanent Line You've Always Wanted to Pick Up, but Never Got to: Peaches Blush, Lovelorn l/s, Snob l/s, Shroom e/s & Phloof e/s, Pink Swoon blush, Handwritten e/s, Graphology e/s
5 LE Items You Missed Out On that You'd Love to Get Your Hands On: Maidenchant Blushcreme, Quite Natural p/p, Perky p/p
Favorite Eyeshadow Color (green, purple, etc): green, brown, purple
Favorite Lip Product Color (nude, red): pink & berry
Favorite Eyeshadow Texture (Satin, Frost, etc): love them all except for Lustre and Star Flash
Favorite MAC product (Dazzleglass, Fluidline, etc): MSFs and Dazzleglasses (have them all though)
Least Favorite MAC Product: Mascara

Favorite Non-MAC Brand: Nars
3 Things from that Brand You've Always Wanted to Pick Up: OPI nailpolishes, Urban Decay glitter liners, Nars lipglosses
3 Favorite Drugstore Items/Things You've Always Wanted to Try:
Things You Don't Like/Need: MSFs and Dazzleglasses
Little Extras You Love (pigment samples, candy, etc): toffees, stickers, perfume samples, glitter samples
Anything else about you that would help out your Santa: my Favourite colour is purple and i love earrings.

Your Wishlist (5-15 Items Should Be Sufficient
yes.gif
)
:
Graphology e/s
Handwritten e/s
Gucci Rush perfume
DMZ graphic novel - 4 and above
Transmetropolitan graphic novel - 2 and above
Red She Said l/s
Crazeee l/s
Pink Swoon Blush
Stark Naked Beauty Powder Blush
OPI France Collection (any of them... LOVE THESE)
Adoring Carmine: Rose Lips
Adoring Carmine: Eye Brushes
Not So Shy See Thru Lip Colour (would love this)

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly

I was also wondering the same thing as CantAffordMAC as to when we can let our elf know who their Santa is! Or do we not tell them at all, and itll remain a mystery? Hmm

Personnaly, I won't tell
I'll ask the person to send me a pm to tell me he/she received everything
winks.gif

I'm excited to do this because in my family we don't do Secret Santas. They aren't very rich so they keep the money they can put on gift for their close related.

As for me, I always give them a little something anyway, this year I'm going to cook something, maybe a jam or a limoncello, I don't know yet.

melliquor

If i post out a present on the 15th December in the US, will it get to my ELF before xmas. I am not sure if i should post the gift in the UK or wait until i get home in December.

ClareBear86

ooooooooooooo im so excited!!!!

ive got like all my stuff packed up and ready to ship already hehe!!

i hope ive included enough things for my elf... i didnt really know how much people would be spending

i hope she likes them

i'll be sending mine end of nov cause i dunno how long it will take to get there

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
If i post out a present on the 15th December in the US, will it get to my ELF before xmas. I am not sure if i should post the gift in the UK or wait until i get home in December.

Not sure ...thats cutting it close because you have to allow for Sundays and the 2 holiday dates that mail does not deliver on...So that gives it only @6-7 business days to arrive...and mail is slower during the holiday months.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareBear86
ooooooooooooo im so excited!!!!

ive got like all my stuff packed up and ready to ship already hehe!!

i hope ive included enough things for my elf... i didnt really know how much people would be spending

i hope she likes them

i'll be sending mine end of nov cause i dunno how long it will take to get there

Yeah I was kinda wondering if there was a $$ limit or something...

Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrimier
I did find all of my elf's posts and made a "sorta" list. we shall see what happens.

Ha, I did the same thing. =)

Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Yeah I was kinda wondering if there was a $$ limit or something...

There isn't, and that kind of makes me uncomfortable... I don't want to disappoint my elf!

Status
Not open for further replies.