Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Glow

It isn't that great of a lash curler, there's better ones that are more easy to access.

domifc

i bought my shu eyelash curler at the sephora in toronto. i don't remember how long ago it was though...maybe a year? i also got the fiber xtension mascara, which i looooooove. i was in sephora about a week ago and didn't see the shu line around anymore. did something bad happen? lol (although i didn't really take a *good* look but who knows)

i loved the eyelash curler so much that i bought a new one for my friend off eBay and it was super cheap even with shipping. (compared to sephora) you might want to check that out.

NICOLE73

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Being in desperate need of an eyelash curler I bought a Revlon one from the drugstore. It is doing a pretty good job. I think I will give ebay a try though.

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by domifc
i bought my shu eyelash curler at the sephora in toronto. i don't remember how long ago it was though...maybe a year? i also got the fiber xtension mascara, which i looooooove. i was in sephora about a week ago and didn't see the shu line around anymore. did something bad happen? lol (although i didn't really take a *good* look but who knows)

i loved the eyelash curler so much that i bought a new one for my friend off eBay and it was super cheap even with shipping. (compared to sephora) you might want to check that out.

I was at the Sephora store in Yorkdale and they had the curler, basic mascara and fibre xtension. It was about 2 weeks ago
smiles.gif

domifc

well i went back to sephora (in toront) a few days ago and did a thorough check for the shu line but it wasn't there. i think i'll have to check out yorkdale before it's gone too. i'll have to find some time between work to go...ack!

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow
It isn't that great of a lash curler, there's better ones that are more easy to access.

I went all the way to the San Francisco boutique to find out that it wasn't really that great
ssad.gif

Ms. Z

I need to get a new lash curler, I always buy drugstore brands; does it really make a difference? They all look pretty much the same to me.

53432_m.jpg
img_9616.jpg

Japonesque, M·A·C, Shu Uemura, Tweezerman, Trish McEvoy, Bobbi Brown, Shiseido, Revlon,

rosquared

i have 2 that i use and they work really well. one is a tweezerman one that i use at home and i tote along a mini one that i found at a japanese trinket store for $3 that works like a dream - believe it or not. i carry the mini one because i have to recurl my lashes after the mascara dries completely so i just wait until i get to work before i recurl. it creates a curl that lasts all day. i love it.

T520060824152928508.jpg

Cruella

I have tried both the Shu Uemura and Shiseido curlers and neither was all that great for me. This is definitely one of those "your mileage may vary" items - I just recently bought a cheapo Revlon curler and I have better luck with that. I guess the shape works better for my roundish eyes. I might give the MAC & the Kevyn Aucoin ones a spin next.

ollieo

I have a Shu Uemura and I have to be careful or I end up pinching myself. I think my eyes are too small or too deep or something. It is hard to imagine any one is much better then another. It may come down really to your eye and which one works best for you.

ccarp001

this thing is AMAZING!! it is my HG curler! i will never go back to ANYTHING else. def a must-have! : )

Dreamergirl3

i love my Shu curler. So far, it's one of the best I've tried. I just wish it was wider, as I find I still have some straight lashes on my outer corners that I just can't get

ginger9

I LOVE MY SHU UEMURA CURLER! It's my HG curler and since I bought my two babies I have no desire to even look at any other curler ever again. Why you ask?

I have stick straight thick lashes. I don't always wear mascara BUT I have to curl my lashes - it totally opens my eyes. Shu curlers are strong enough to do the job.

Shu curlers fit really well. Correction, it fits my eye really well, apparently some ladies find that it doesn't fit them.

Shu curler pads are really sturdy and last forever. Next to fit, pads are really important, I used to use a Maybelline curler and the pads were so weak they would sink in and disintegrate after a few months.

Shu curlers have precise alignment. I have tried many different curlers before and they had poor alignment and what I mean by that is they didn't curl lashes in uniform. I would have the ends curl almost to a 90 degree and the inside barely even curled. Also they don't pinch and I don't lose as many lashes as a result of that. lawdy, you have NO idea how many lashes I've lost in the past!
weeping.gif
It's all good now thou
smiles.gif

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbly_brunette
question about the Shu curler, is the padding rubber or that cusiony-type?

rubber

Latest posts