Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

SerenityRaine

I hate it! I bought one cuz my favorite Japonesque Ergo Grip broke when I dropped it and a client caught it thus shattering the middle section. Anywho, so I decided to check out Shu Uemera to see what all the hype was. Even heated it up it didn't really curl my lashes at all. I took it back to Sephora. I went to Beauty First and got another Japonesque Ergo Grip which is a helluva let better and $10 cheaper. http://www.japonesque.com/prod_toolscurlers.html

TIERAsta

i got my shu uemura curler at neiman marcus (as there are not many places to get shu here in hawai'i). it's great, it doesn't stick... but i don't know if it lives up to ALL the hype (which was the reason i wanted to try it in the first place). but it definetly beats the cheap ole drugstore lash curler i had before!!

beth_w

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
rubber

Hey, its not rubber. Its silicone.
smiles.gif

I think that's why they cost so much. Over here, they're about £18 ( I think thats about $30).

crazeddiva

I own the 24-karat gold plated Shu Uemura lash curler, Mally Get the Last Lash curler, Spehora Lower Lash Curler & Sephora Detail Lash Curler. My eyelashes go evry which way so that's why I have so many lash curlers.

DamenesGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDaSs llTiNall
I bought it. its ok but nothing works for me, my lashes goes back to normal in a couple of hours...so now i use a spoon! yes sounds weird but its the only thing that works for me it keeps my lashes curled all day long believe it or not!

LOL How would you even think to use a spoon, that is so random! would love to try it though
smiles.gif

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamenesGirl
LOL How would you even think to use a spoon, that is so random! would love to try it though
smiles.gif

it really works too! i heat the spoon up a little bit under some warm/hot water before using it. just make sure its not too hot hot when you hold it up to your lashes! i prefer using a curler instead because this method is seriously a pain, but it comes in handy if you don't have a curler available!

LinzBelle

I heard Kevyn Aucoin's was better, God rest his soul.
ssad.gif
He is the one who inspired me to go into the makeup industry.

It's the best. Mostly I find on Asian eyes actually. The shape of it matches almond-shaped eyes perfectly, never found another curler as great as this one. I have two as a testament to that!

Eyelashwishes

I bought mine back in October, and i've got a lot of compliments on my eyelashes. I use it after i put my mascara on (i know your not supposed to), and it doesnt clump them up at all. I used to have to curl them over and over again, but now i find that the process is alot shorter. I am happy with the way it works. it was worth all the money i spent on it!

ghotieyes

I just bought one thanks to all the hype.
Pros:
-Doesn't pinch
-Doesn't bend my lashes at 90°
Cons:
-Have to press harder than my cheapie Revlon to get about half the amount of curl
-Not as comfortable on the fingers either due to said pressure
-Uneven! At $19USD, I expected better craftsmanship. If I hold the curler up to the light, just barely closed, it's obvious the left side is much more closed than the right.
-Don't know if the uneven construction is what's causing it, but my left lashes turn out ok (just ok), and the middle my right lashes end up sticking straight up, inner right untouched, and outer right curled regularly

I think I'm exchanging it for a Shiseido to try out next.

mreichert

I started (finally) curling my lashes because of the results from this! I love it
smiles.gif
It works perfectly, fits my eye shape, and doesn't take much pressure at all to get a good curl.

FantaZ

I recently bought the Shu Uemura mini eyelash curler and I didn't like it but I exchanged it for the regular size. It was great but still not the best for my asian eyes. Honestly, I don't see what the hype is? This Koji brand eyecurler I got from Sasa in Asia seemed to work better for my eyes than the Shu curler.

I noticed Sephora is raising their prices for the Shu Uemura curlers. When I bought the mini it was $16 and when I returned it it was 17 or 18 and this past weekend I went to Sephora and the regular size Shu curler has also gone up too.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIERAsta
i got my shu uemura curler at neiman marcus (as there are not many places to get shu here in hawai'i). it's great, it doesn't stick... but i don't know if it lives up to ALL the hype (which was the reason i wanted to try it in the first place). but it definetly beats the cheap ole drugstore lash curler i had before!!

I found one at the new Sephora in Pearlridge Mall.There is a SHu counter at NM's in Honolulu, but that's about it.

FantaZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
I found one at the new Sephora in Pearlridge Mall.There is a SHu counter at NM's in Honolulu, but that's about it.

I'm fron Hawaii too. There's a Sephora in Pearlridge and in Ala Moana's Sephora. I hardly go into NM's so I'm not too sure if they do sell Shu's. As I mentioned in my previous post, they raised their prices for the curlers at both Sephora.

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
i love my Shu curler. So far, it's one of the best I've tried. I just wish it was wider, as I find I still have some straight lashes on my outer corners that I just can't get

Have you tried the Shiseido curler? I had that exact problem with my Shu curler...I love how it curls but I can NEVER get the outer corners! I have to curl the outer corners with a mini lash curler, but that doesn't really work out well either. So I always have a wonky lash on the side =\

I bought the Shiseido curler in HK (for $8!!), and I have to say that it's awesome! In terms of curling action, I think Shu and Shiseido are about the same. However, Shiseido fits my eye better than the Shu, but you definitely have to try out some curlers before you find your perfect one.

I don't really consider one curler to be better than the other if it doesn't fit my eye shape - it's like saying you hate NC40 foundation when you're really a NC20. It's not possible to make one curler to satisfy every eye shape, so the bad thing is that you'll have to shop around for your HG curler.

Which is why sometimes, I wish there was like a custom eyelash curler making service. Wouldn't that be awesome? They take a mold of your eyeshape and make a curler that fits PERFECTLY. It's like getting your foundation matched.

Oh btw, for any of you who are going to Hong Kong any time soon, check out this makeup store called Bonjour for the Shu Uemura curler (and the Shiseido one if you're interested) at a very good price. The last time I checked, the Shu Uemura was $75HKD, and the Shiseido $62HKD (around $9.61USD and $7.94USD respectively).
Explore Hong Kong Fun Fun Stuffs: Have a Beauty Trip @ Bonjour