Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow

alyxo

Have you guys heard of these new eye products? Has anyone purchased any?

I went to Sephora today and nearly fainted at the sight of them. They are so beautiful! They're very soft and pigmented. They contain lots of glitter. I cannot wait to get my hands on them and play with them.

There is currently 9 shades but according to the Stila website, there will be more released.

Current shades:
- Comex Platinum (Chrome Silver Sheen)
- Metallic Dusty Rose (Rosy Pink Sheen)
- Vintage Black (Light Black with Gold Pearly Sheen)
- Metallic Lavender (Pewter Sheen)
- Titanium (Gunmetal Grey Sheen)
- Metallic Laurel (Light Green with Silver Pearly Sheen)
- Metallic Cobalt (Dark Denim Blue Sheen)
- Metallic Emerald (Emerald Green Sheen)
- Metallic Merlot (Deep Wine Sheen)

They cost $32 per piece. And if you live in Canada like me, for us lucky ones the cost is $42.

These are the colours I was attracted to and would like to purchase. I swatched them at Sephora:

L to R: Comex Gold, Vintage Black Gold and Metallic Merlot

Metallic Merlot was applied with the base that Stila recommends to use these shadows with. The other 2, were applied without the base.

I just have to say that this photo does not compare to their beauty in person. I kept the swatches on after I left Sephora and I walked around the mall staring at my hand lol.

For more info on these beauties: http://www.stilacosmetics.com/product/magnificent+metals+foil+finish+eye+shadow+.do?sortby=ourPicks

Janice

I'm a huge fan of Stila, but haven't seen them doing anything really creative and new for awhile. I am excited about these new shadows, I will have to go to Sephora this week and check them out. Let us know when you get the shades you want, we want to see pictures!
fluffy.gif

MissTT

The shadows are incredibly unique and bold. Nearly every time I show someone how they work they can't resist buying one. The price is a little high, but if you're just getting a single color I think it's a fun little splurge. I like recommending them to cheer/dance girls as well as those going to dances like Homecoming or prom. Photos and videos do no do the foil finish justice. In person you won't be able to take your eyes off of the color. It can be seen from across the room.

alyxo are your swatch names mixed up? To me it looks like Comex Gold, Vintage Black Gold, and Metallic Laurel on your hand. The first two are my favorites and the ones I'm trying to decide between. But then there are the fun fashion colors like blue and green that are whispering my name.

MissTT

You're getting a shadow, primer, and petri dish MAChostage
poke.gif
If I showed you in person how they work you'd cave...

MAChostage

Stop it! (I AM going to go take a look at them, though. Can't help it.) Quote:Originally Posted by MissTT

You're getting a shadow, primer, and petri dish MAChostage
poke.gif
If I showed you in person how they work you'd cave...

MissTT

FYI the testers may not be performing at their full potential b/c customers are dropping the primer directly into shadow leaving a moist, mushy mess. A fresh shadow is beautiful and sparkly when dry, but looks like liquid gold (or silver, etc.) when the primer is mixed in. For best results mix directly on your skin and not in the pan. You need the tiniest partial drop of liquid to create the foiling effect. You're gonna come back in this thread and yell at me I guarantee it.
greengrin.gif

KiKi Kontour

i tried these at sephora today and
jawdrop.gif
unlike ANYTHING i own in shadows!! definitely the gold n silver would be my must haves becuz i'd get more wear from them vs the other colors. kitten maaaaybe cuz its sheer pink neutral kinda color. that gold tho is striking and there's no camera that could possibly capture what u see with the naked eye!! my only thing is...$32 ummm NO!! they need to be cut down to at least half (im bein greedy if i say less) on sale!! i will say they are definitely glitter bombs n hard to rub off. i wouldn't soley rely on the testers cuz i think people do put the solution INTO the jar makin it gooey n moist. these would be good for editorial n not so much everyday but these would be soooo fun to wear esp for smokey eyes!!

MissTT

Once the shadows have been mixed with primer they are foil and not quite glitter bombs. If the final look is chunky you didn't quite use enough liquid. They're definitely glitter bombs when you try to remove them though. I always have a ton of glitter all over my hand when I try to clean this product off with a wipe/make up remover. The glitter comes right off though when I wash my hands with soap and water. A co-worker wore the gold the other day and it stayed on beautifully for a 9 hour shift.

Oh and I mispoke earlier. Without the primer the shadows are more of a cream, not powder.

KiKi Kontour

yea thats what i meant...glitter bombs when u tryin to remove them!! i used my fingers, i think thats the best way to apply them!

MissTT

I think fingers, too, but I haven't tried a brush. I've mixed them on my skin with a q-tip and a disposable eyeshadow sponge. Snag a few from Sephora if you buy the shadow. Get your $32 worth!
lmao.gif

alyxo

The shadows are incredibly unique and bold. Nearly every time I show someone how they work they can't resist buying one. The price is a little high, but if you're just getting a single color I think it's a fun little splurge. I like recommending them to cheer/dance girls as well as those going to dances like Homecoming or prom. Photos and videos do no do the foil finish justice. In person you won't be able to take your eyes off of the color. It can be seen from across the room.

alyxo are your swatch names mixed up? To me it looks like Comex Gold, Vintage Black Gold, and Metallic Laurel on your hand. The first two are my favorites and the ones I'm trying to decide between. But then there are the fun fashion colors like blue and green that are whispering my name.
I know the last one is Metallic Merlot for sure because that one was my favourite and I wrote the name down... but you could possibly be right for the first two. The last one is a cranberry type of shade.

I can't wait to get them. I know they're expensive but they're so beautiful and unique. I found them really easy to use but I know some people have trouble with them.

MissTT

I can't wait until you get one and do an eye look. They're so beautiful that you don't have to do anything fancy with them. Just pop them on the lid with black liner and mascara.

MissTT

KiKi GET THE GOLD! That's the color I think I'll end up with. We've spend $30 on more idiotic things.

KiKi Kontour

KiKi GET THE GOLD! That's the color I think I'll end up with. We've spend $30 on more idiotic things.
lol this is sooooo true!! im gonna YOLO n get it now...along with those disposable shadow sticks to reeeally get my money worth
th_remoteImage-61.gif
i just hate to see them muthaphkaz on SALE weeks after i paid full price for em!! just like those shadows that came out around spring time (color pigment shadows) for $22 and i found em at nordy rack last weekend for like $8
icon_eek.gif

MissTT

I don't think these will be on sale anytime soon. They're perm and we're only released a month ago or less.

Latest posts