Tinted Moisturizers - Discussion & Recommendations

Jennifer Mcfly

Right now I go between CG Smoothers and Neutrogena Skin Clearing Clean Tint, both are tinted moisturizers. I like them equally.
I've yet to try anything in the High End range seeing as I'm 100% happy with both of these I don't feel the need to spend more money.

But I've heard great things about Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (around $40 a tube!) for that price it better be amazing!
rofl.gif

smiles.gif
Good Luck!

Juneplum

i love n.v perricone's tinted moisturizer... it's about $70 but it's very worth it.. oh and it has spf.. i use that when i just wanna look glowy without powders
smiles.gif

tiramisu

Well if you're looking to drop some coin, I'd say go for Laura Mercier
($40!!) otherwise, I really like Neutrogena's Healthy Skin tinted moisturizer. It is very sheer, but glowy. It does have retinol in it FYI if your skin is sensitive to it, steer clear. however, it looks just like my skin, but better...even the BF noticed a nice glow and he never comments on my makeup, just how much it's hogging the linen closet space
lol.gif
For $11 or so, the Healthy Skin is a steal HTH
wavey.gif

ETA: It's Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer, like Brianne uses down below... I just checked my bottle this a.m. and realized my boo boo!

Brianne

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enchaner has HG status for me. I'm on my 4th bottle of the stuff. I love it!

kare31

I really like Laura Mercier's new Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer. Great coverage for a tinted moisturizer, blends well, doesn't get cakey or greasy, and hasn't caused any acne or allergics reactions on my skin.

aziza

Liquid luminizer for a NW45-50/ and a tinted moisturizer for a DDD?

I'd like something that doesn't look silver but gives a nice glow. And I'm tired of mixing my foundation with a moisturizer. Any suggestions?

azizaiizl4.jpg

twobear

Everything I have tried has left a silver/ashen cast. Laura Mercier makes a good tinted moisturizer with SPF 20. I'm a NC45 and the moisturizer in Walnut gives me a flawless, dewy, makeup free look.

BTW, you are rockin' that natural!!!

caffn8me

You can try using M·A·C iridescent powder in Golden Bronze mixed in with your tinted moisturizer. I often mix iridescent loose powders with foundations for a lovely effect.

aziajs

I have heard that Laura Mercier and Becca have nice tones for darker skin. Check out Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector SPF 20+ (Topaz, perhaps).

Shawna

If you can find it, Red Earth cosmetics makes some really nice luminizers called Secret potion. I've only used the pale shades, but I keep lemming the darker bronzing shades. They seem to have a nice gold base to them so they shouldn't look silver on you. I just checked their website and noticed that the bronzing shades are actually called Bronzing potion. Hth.

NikkiHorror

Matte Tinted Moisturizer?

Any rec's? Somedays I don't want to put on my doll face and I just want some light coverage to combat my redness. It doesn't have to be a tinted moisturizer, per say, but a sheer coverage foundation that has an absolutely matte finish. Oil free, preferably, and NO MAC, please. I've learned after awhile my skin starts to disagree with MAC foundations.

Thanks in advance!
thmbup.gif

kitchengirl

hmm.gif
ahh fool i need pretty much the same thing! I liked that stuff you gave me that made my face feel cool and refreshed (some smashbox product??) , you said you wear it to the gym alot? But it didnt really cover my redness in my opinion. What was that again?

NikkiHorror

That was Smashbox's Backdrop Cooling Tint Foundation. I have to agree, though, it doesn't cover enough, plus it's got a satiny finish. I need something completely different.

Come on guys, SOMEBODY has to know of a good one!

DaizyDeath

Burts Bees tinted mosturizer is my favorite! it covers up redness super well the only thing is its not matte but i just put a tiny little bit of powder on it and its great