Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

MaryJane

I have a 10% off coupon for Sephora and was considering trying the TF Bronzer (current forulation not ultimate). I can't decide between Terra or Gold Dust. I'm leaning towards Terra since that what many of the reviews on Sephora by the pale gals are recommending. I'm Armani LS #4 in foundation.

What do ladies think if the bronzer? Would you recommend Terra?

Monsy

terra is more pink toned, gold dust is more yellow
i like gold dust so much more and it is great for light skin because it is VERY sheer
i had it in regular formula and returned it . it was meh... if you want to spend money on amazing bronzer just get guerlain

MaryJane

terra is more pink toned, gold dust is more yellow
i like gold dust so much more and it is great for light skin because it is VERY sheer
i had it in regular formula and returned it . it was meh... if you want to spend money on amazing bronzer just get guerlain
Thanks. I'm reconsidering getting more powder bronzer - I have Edward Bess Daydream, Laguna, Armani, and Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow. I've had my eye on the Chanel Soleil de Chanel (Bronze Universal) so I may purchase that. It gets excellent reviews.

patentg33k

I have a 10% off coupon for Sephora and was considering trying the TF Bronzer (current forulation not ultimate). I can't decide between Terra or Gold Dust. I'm leaning towards Terra since that what many of the reviews on Sephora by the pale gals are recommending. I'm Armani LS #4 in foundation.

What do ladies think if the bronzer? Would you recommend Terra?

Terra is a finely milled matte that leans cooler/neutral.

Gold Dust is sheer and shimmery--it gives a fabulous glow to my skin. Sometimes I combine it with another bronzer because it's more sheer. But because I'm pale I love it. I've used on all the way to pan, now working on a second one.

Not to add to the confusion, but I've heard that the Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder Java Sun ($65 on Net-a-Porter) is VERY similar to Terra but with slightly more pigment and a touch of red. It supposed to be just as finely milled. If I didn't already have Terra, I'd definitely be looking at reviews of Java Sun.

I can ONLY speak to the TF powder formula that were released over the last few years not the new $110 versions.

GreenEyedAllie

Gold Dust and Terra

Instagram

Balms

Instagram

Reflects Gilt

Instagram

Paradise Lust

Instagram

Young Adonis

Instagram

Ok. So I definitely need PL. It's happening. I'm desperately in love with the rose gold shade of RG, but not enough to pay that and get ANOTHER gold HL. The cream shadow duos are both a pass for me. I'm debating 1 or no balms....they were smart because I would definitely pass if full-sized. Bronzers can wait for me. I enjoy my Afternooner and do not feel the need for the new one.

This is crazy restrained for me for the summer collection, lol.

awickedshape

Ok. So I definitely need PL. It's happening. I'm desperately in love with the rose gold shade of RG, but not enough to pay that and get ANOTHER gold HL. The cream shadow duos are both a pass for me. I'm debating 1 or no balms....they were smart because I would definitely pass if full-sized. Bronzers can wait for me. I enjoy my Afternooner and do not feel the need for the new one.

This is crazy restrained for me for the summer collection, lol.

Can you dupe the rose gold shade?
I have been looking for one for a while so I was relieved when it swatched so well.

GreenEyedAllie

Can you dupe the rose gold shade?
I have been looking for one for a while so I was relieved when it swatched so well.

I honestlt haven't done a proper investigation into duping yet, so I'm assuming I can and just have to get my lazy self to look into it. Sometimes it's just so hard to love makeup so much!

Monsy

Thanks. I'm reconsidering getting more powder bronzer - I have Edward Bess Daydream, Laguna, Armani, and Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow. I've had my eye on the Chanel Soleil de Chanel (Bronze Universal) so I may purchase that. It gets excellent reviews.

i love armani bronzers . i also have soleil de chanel it is wonderful product.
i HIGHLY suggest trying guerlain 4 season bronzers they are top notch

MaryJane

i love armani bronzers . i also have soleil de chanel it is wonderful product.
i HIGHLY suggest trying guerlain 4 season bronzers they are top notch
I was able to try on the Chanel today and was really impressed. At first I thought it was too subtle but the finish looks so natural.

which Guerlain bronzer do you like?

Icecaramellatte

My Beautylish order came. Afterglow - looks more pink than I thought but pretty. Sun Worship - looks better than the Sephora ones I ordered. Good thing as I sent them back today. Retractable bronzer brush. So cute and soft. Totally unnecessary but I wanted it. Maybe Tom is learning from last summer's brush set and not offering a set with leather bag. I was surprised that it was still around but it was pricey. I keep hoping it will go on sale some where or they will offer it without the bag. So tempted to place another order for the lip balm but I'm going to try to hold out.

elegant-one

I was able to try on the Chanel today and was really impressed. At first I thought it was too subtle but the finish looks so natural.

which Guerlain bronzer do you like?

MaryJane - I also have the Guerlain 4 seasons in the lightest shade & it's lovely!!! Chanels bronzers are perfect too.