Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Monsy

i like l'odissea. they are sheer very sheer but i do like that. i wonder how hydrating are they really ?

elegant-one

Wow! Interesting how 4 or so look identical on her. I think I still want one, especially after Sabrina from tblb was raving about them (no review yet...just a comment). I find that I enjoy similar balmy products as her in general.

Ohmygosh, the 4 really do look the same! I doubt that irl they are.

lipstickaddict

Wow! Interesting how 4 or so look identical on her. I think I still want one, especially after Sabrina from tblb was raving about them (no review yet...just a comment). I find that I enjoy similar balmy products as her in general.

I have three of them now and I really love them. You should definitely get one!

Shars

No, chick; it's pretty but I hardly ever use blush and bronzer (which I also use as blush lol)
Trying to remember if I saw WOC swatches of it... I guess I was so tunnel vision on the highlighter lol
To me the bronzer looks a little bit darker than the Afternooner? Not sure

I don't remember seeing WOC swatches of any of this years' stuff. They look so buttery and pigmented... but that price tag Father Lord! lol.
It does look a bit darker than the Afternooner. I'm just not sure if it's dark enough *sigh*

awickedshape

I don't remember seeing WOC swatches of any of this years' stuff. They look so buttery and pigmented... but that price tag Father Lord! lol.
It does look a bit darker than the Afternooner. I'm just not sure if it's dark enough *sigh*

Girl!
Checked on IG again and thepaintedapron has nice swatches but on lighter skin.
I used to use Gucci Exotic Umber and Refined Golden as blush and they look lighter than Afterglow but to take the chance... :(

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I think it will work on your skintone.
I bought Inhibition....then returned it. It was very flat to me...there was no life or glow to it. It just didn't do anything for me.
I prefer Love Lust...it's the same idea as far as color, but it has a shimmer and glow to it that just brings something special to your face.

I think you would like frantic pink better

View attachment 59044

l-r frantic pink, inhibition, love lust

Thanks, ladies! I was actually interested in it because it looks less shimmery than the other shades. They're pretty too, but I think I'll go with Inhibition.

Last edited:

Monsy

yes it is less shimmery than the other shades but older versions. some swatches i saw made new reformulated ones much more matte sadly. they had beautiful shimmer

Icecaramellatte

I picked it up but forgot to use the bronzer. I had already used New Age when I picked it up. Or is it Bronze Age?? Anyway, liked the blush a lot. Didn't use the highlighter because I was all about Reflects Gilt. Will try to remember to try it next time.

I did use the retractable bronzer brush and really liked it. Now that I think of it, it might be nice to use with the Afterglow palette since the bronzer pan is narrow.

Icecaramellatte

Speaking of darker bronzer. . . Did anyone see pics of the new By Terry Sun Designer palettes. The bronzer looked darker in pics than last year's release. I do wonder when it is coming out though.

lipstickaddict

My Gold dust arrived this afternoon and oh my goodness it is beautiful! The quilted pattern is just so lovely I haven't touched it yet♥

Shars

Girl!
Checked on IG again and thepaintedapron has nice swatches but on lighter skin.
I used to use Gucci Exotic Umber and Refined Golden as blush and they look lighter than Afterglow but to take the chance... :(

I saw her swatches online funny enough. Ughhhh. I hate that we don't have the good things here lol. It would be an expensive chance to take lol.

I picked it up but forgot to use the bronzer. I had already used New Age when I picked it up. Or is it Bronze Age?? Anyway, liked the blush a lot. Didn't use the highlighter because I was all about Reflects Gilt. Will try to remember to try it next time.

I did use the retractable bronzer brush and really liked it. Now that I think of it, it might be nice to use with the Afterglow palette since the bronzer pan is narrow.

You picked up Afterglow, right? Does the bronzer show on you? Or is it more like a burnt blush?