Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

fur4elise

Speaking of darker bronzer. . . Did anyone see pics of the new By Terry Sun Designer palettes. The bronzer looked darker in pics than last year's release. I do wonder when it is coming out though.

I so forget about this brand. I have been lusting after Tan & Flash Cruise and probably will still purchase it. Now you have me drooling...Can you find and post some pics in the By Terry thread?

boschicka

How do you petite ladies deal with the size of the bronzer compacts!?! I'm a great big woman and sakes, that thing takes up my whole hand. I must have the smaller size of the old formula bronzer. Haven't used it in a while.

lipstickaddict

How do you petite ladies deal with the size of the bronzer compacts!?! I'm a great big woman and sakes, that thing takes up my whole hand. I must have the smaller size of the old formula bronzer. Haven't used it in a while.

It is pretty substantial to hold :D Smaller is definitely more practical all around, but for the price you get a lot more in the big one so I make do (and I don't lug it around in my purse lol although I've tried :eek: )

Icecaramellatte

I saw her swatches online funny enough. Ughhhh. I hate that we don't have the good things here lol. It would be an expensive chance to take lol.
You picked up Afterglow, right? Does the bronzer show on you? Or is it more like a burnt blush?
I tried it today and I used the bronzer today with the little twist up bronzer brush. Yeah may be burnt blush is the term. I could see it on my skin and it did warm up my face but I don't think it is going to replace my other bronzers come summer. I believe I'm a lighter shade than you if I remember right. Just guessing but I don't think it will work for you.
I so forget about this brand. I have been lusting after Tan & Flash Cruise and probably will still purchase it. Now you have me drooling...Can you find and post some pics in the By Terry thread?

Oh I didn't know there was a By Terry thread or I should say I didn't remember one. I will look for the pic. But I kind of take back what I said. I saw another pic of the palettes and the bronzer did not look as dark as the other pic. The blush did look very vibrant though.
Gold Dust is my favorite of the bunch, followed by Bronze Age. Terra is very red. If you don't have red undertones, it'll make you look ruddy.
You like Gold Dust? I thought it looked too light. I may have to take another look.

Shars

I tried it today and I used the bronzer today with the little twist up bronzer brush. Yeah may be burnt blush is the term. I could see it on my skin and it did warm up my face but I don't think it is going to replace my other bronzers come summer. I believe I'm a lighter shade than you if I remember right. Just guessing but I don't think it will work for you.

Oh I didn't know there was a By Terry thread or I should say I didn't remember one. I will look for the pic. But I kind of take back what I said. I saw another pic of the palettes and the bronzer did not look as dark as the other pic. The blush did look very vibrant though.

You like Gold Dust? I thought it looked too light. I may have to take another look.

Thanks! Yes, I'm darker so I figured if it didn't show much on you it definitely won't show on me. Thanks again.

MaryJane

Did some damage at the TF counter today. :D The Soleil collection is awesome. I'm now the owner of Paradise Lust, Reflects Gilt, Neotropic, and Pure Shores. I can't believe I paid $36 for lip balm but the colors were pretty pigmented on me and felt good on. I also picked up the older version of Terra bronzer. I'm glad I got to try it on. It wasn't too cool on me, I liked that it was more neutral. As luck would have it, Gold Dust that I ordered from Sephora was delivered today so I can compare the two.

I'm considering buying Soleil Blanc during the next Sephora sale. I'm hesitant as it's a lot of money for something that reminds of suntan lotion. It also reminds me or Orchid Soleil which I already have. Does anyone here have SB? Is it worth the investment?

lipstickaddict

I tried l'Odissea today, and unfortunately it's going back. It just looks like clear lip balm on my lips- definitely not as pigmented as Neotropic or Cruising. For the price (and Canadian prices are even more) I can't justify keeping it. Oh well!

awickedshape

I tried l'Odissea today, and unfortunately it's going back. It just looks like clear lip balm on my lips- definitely not as pigmented as Neotropic or Cruising. For the price (and Canadian prices are even more) I can't justify keeping it. Oh well!

I saw a swatch of that one. One pass was very sheer.

Icecaramellatte

Did some damage at the TF counter today. :D The Soleil collection is awesome. I'm now the owner of Paradise Lust, Reflects Gilt, Neotropic, and Pure Shores. I can't believe I paid $36 for lip balm but the colors were pretty pigmented on me and felt good on. I also picked up the older version of Terra bronzer. I'm glad I got to try it on. It wasn't too cool on me, I liked that it was more neutral. As luck would have it, Gold Dust that I ordered from Sephora was delivered today so I can compare the two.

I'm considering buying Soleil Blanc during the next Sephora sale. I'm hesitant as it's a lot of money for something that reminds of suntan lotion. It also reminds me or Orchid Soleil which I already have. Does anyone here have SB? Is it worth the investment?
Great haul! This is a very nice collection.

Monsy

no not worth the full price (which i paid for it because i was very pregnant and crazy from all the hormones -that is my excuse). it is nice for summer but not worth 250$
i also have orchid soleil

you can get EL bronze goddess for much less and it is basically the same idea and vibe

MaryJane

no not worth the full price (which i paid for it because i was very pregnant and crazy from all the hormones -that is my excuse). it is nice for summer but not worth 250$
i also have orchid soleil

you can get EL bronze goddess for much less and it is basically the same idea and vibe

thanks for the suggestion. In most of the reviews I read, people compared it to Bronze Goddess. I just purchased a rollerball of Armani Sun di Gioia which I believe is also similar.

Monsy

ugh no sun di gioia is not even close. only first couple of minutes it has that summery vibe and then turns into something very ugly