Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Haven

So I may be waiting in a Nordstrom cafe for my online order of a couple of more girls to be ready for pick up :hide::hide::hide:

I am not a fan of this TF counter. The SA's will fawn excessively all over you & tail you around the store trying to spray stuff on you or apply testers to your face. Like [MENTION=21522]elegant-one[/MENTION] crazy Chanel lady.

jasp0810

I actually wore Zoe today specifically because of the glitter mention. It just has a cream finish on me, I don't feel any glitter particles, it's as smooth as Marisa and the other Girls I have so far (a few on their way look like they might be glittery.)

Maybe it's a quality consistency issue? I bought my Zoe from Selfridges however some of my other girls are from Neiman's. I haven't noticed any differences formula wise but then I'm not ordering duplicate shades.

It's a shame because Zoe is a really lovely shade. It's just a bit darker, a little warmer and somewhat more opaque feeling than Marisa (also one of my favourites so far!)

I feel like quality control was an issue for the VB x EL collection (especially the powder and the eye quad, although the latter was definitely more of a general fail.) I hope Estée Lauder is aware of this and hopefully working on the issue.

powderprincess

I was reading sweet makeup temptations blog on the Tom Ford #13 brush and she mentioned that hers was a little scratchy even though others have said theirs are soft and it got me thinking that I have always been disappointed at how scratchy this brush is for how expensive it was and maybe I have a dud. Then I was reading elsewhere how the $TF brushes will soon be replaced by synthetic ones and if you want any of the natural hair it's now or never. I bought new $13 and it's so soft! Like night and day when comparing the old to the new brush. I cannot believe the lack of quality control in such a high end brand. Makes me wonder if my other TF brushes are sub par.

Winthrop44

I actually wore Zoe today specifically because of the glitter mention. It just has a cream finish on me, I don't feel any glitter particles, it's as smooth as Marisa and the other Girls I have so far (a few on their way look like they might be glittery.)

Maybe it's a quality consistency issue? I bought my Zoe from Selfridges however some of my other girls are from Neiman's. I haven't noticed any differences formula wise but then I'm not ordering duplicate shades.

It's a shame because Zoe is a really lovely shade. It's just a bit darker, a little warmer and somewhat more opaque feeling than Marisa (also one of my favourites so far!)

I feel like quality control was an issue for the VB x EL collection (especially the powder and the eye quad, although the latter was definitely more of a general fail.) I hope Estée Lauder is aware of this and hopefully working on the issue.
I didn't feel any glitter, just noticed it on my face after I removed the lipstick. Then I looked at the tube and saw it within the lipstick too - at least my tube, and TraceyMc had some in hers as well that she called barely there. It wasn't alot in mine, or a big deal, it's just something that I can't deal with because it never stays on my lips and I am OLD so I look like an idiot with glitter on my face. LOL

Did you get any of your full sized lipsticks yet?

Last edited:

elegant-one

So I may be waiting in a Nordstrom cafe for my online order of a couple of more girls to be ready for pick up :hide::hide::hide:

I am not a fan of this TF counter. The SA's will fawn excessively all over you & tail you around the store trying to spray stuff on you or apply testers to your face. Like @elegant-one crazy Chanel lady.

:rofl::heart: I heart you so much!!!! That crap drives me craaaazy! Which other ones did you get? I'm loving these. BTW I LOVE Nordies cafe!

elegant-one

The girls lipsticks are making me poor. I love the 3 that I've worn so far - Grace, Ines, and Katherine. I want to get more. I'm thinking perhaps a peach/coral color or some sheer one to wear over liner or other lipsticks

They're really really awesome. :)

Haven

Leigh has tempted me from the start too! Did your Nordies have the new full size ones?

They do not have the full size ones yet, but the SA's have told me that they will be getting them soon.

Since I am such a patient person (note heavy sarcasm), I ordered & received several of the nudes already. I have worn open kimono (bought partially for the name) and BL. I really love both!

I've been overly stressed bc of work. Too much work too little time. I have been practicing lipstick therapy. lol :saythat: