Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

elegant-one

I just went to the TF site & honestly, I just don't think I can with him anymore :shakehead: The FF perfume??? really??? The girl sitting with her legs open??? Eh, maybe I'm just too old with a plumb line in my life :shocked::tiptoe:

jasp0810

Foxfire, Discretion, Devore

Just got three of the new shade extensions - Nordstrom has been wacky, I'm getting them non sequentially lol. Anyway, I have swatches of Devoré, Discretion and Foxfire. So far I've got Foxfire up on Instagram but I'm too tired to do them all now,

I have another few lots coming, don't know what happened with the girls

Attachments

• IMG_1887.JPG
    IMG_1887.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1888.JPG
    IMG_1888.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1890.JPG
    IMG_1890.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1781.JPG
    IMG_1781.JPG
    911.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1831.JPG
    IMG_1831.JPG
    546.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1832.JPG
    IMG_1832.JPG
    552.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1834.JPG
    IMG_1834.JPG
    545.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_1837.JPG
    IMG_1837.JPG
    735.3 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1840.JPG
    IMG_1840.JPG
    588.2 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_1843.JPG
    IMG_1843.JPG
    575.5 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_1876.JPG
    IMG_1876.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_1859.JPG
    IMG_1859.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_1857.JPG
    IMG_1857.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 1,028
  • IMG_1848.JPG
    IMG_1848.JPG
    800.6 KB · Views: 1,093
  • IMG_1847.JPG
    IMG_1847.JPG
    727.6 KB · Views: 1,064
  • IMG_1846.JPG
    IMG_1846.JPG
    645.5 KB · Views: 1,056
  • IMG_1881.JPG
    IMG_1881.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,048
  • IMG_1877.JPG
    IMG_1877.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 1,039
  • IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_1875.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_1772.JPG
    IMG_1772.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,307
  • IMG_1771.JPG
    IMG_1771.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,107
  • IMG_1770.JPG
    IMG_1770.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,172
  • IMG_1769.JPG
    IMG_1769.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,117

awickedshape

The new lipsticks seem to be up on Beautylish. Weren't up on Saks when last I checked and BG didn't get the new cream shades, only matte

TraceyMc

Thanks for all the swatches ;) Looking to see swatches of Sugar Glider and Bad Lieutenant as I think they might make god nudes :)

jasp0810

I'll def keep you guys posted! I have a bunch more coming in the next few days. Still waiting on 6 girls and....*small voice*....I gave in and ordered 3 more lipsticks. So waiting on 12 of those. I'm living abroad so it takes longer to ship, which is so frustrating! The other three lipsticks I ordered were Love Crime, Spiced Honey and Autoerotique.

Anyway, quick impressions of Discretion, Devore and Foxfire:

- Discretion is very true to Ree's swatch, it's that jammy cool almost grape sort of colour. It's very pretty, I can see this being a colour a lot of people could wear easily.

- Devore
is much less pigmented than I expected. I tried to capture it in the pictures because it does show up better IRL but it's almost like a Lip Shine rather than a Lip Color. On general, the found these to be on the less pigmented side, with more shine and slip than normal.

- Foxfire is very pretty but I don't think I needed it in retrospect. Wild Ginger has way more of a punch and I think Sunset Blvd is more complex. I haven't swatched it next to any of the boys yet - I have a few similar candidates, Hiro, Cristiano and Rafael - so if anyone wants comparison swatches of those, let me know. I was a tad disappointed. It's quite thin and needed several coats to reach the level of coverage in that pic (sorry about the quality, they were taken late at night after I did a YouTube review of these!). It's almost coral rather than red-orange. In the YouTube video, I actually think the colours are truer to life. That said, my videos are pretty amateur-esque lol so yeah...

I'm looking forward to trying the rest of the lipsticks and my fingers are crossed they'll be good. I really need to stop spending at this rate sigh. Especially because of the single eyeshadows because I'm going to go nuts when they launch - ugh. Budgets. Hate budgets.

Last edited:

awickedshape

I'll def keep you guys posted! I have a bunch more coming in the next few days. Still waiting on 6 girls and....*small voice*....I gave in and ordered 3 more lipsticks. So waiting on 12 of those. I'm living abroad so it takes longer to ship, which is so frustrating! The other three lipsticks I ordered were Love Crime, Spiced Honey and Autoerotique.

Anyway, quick impressions of Discretion, Devore and Foxfire:

- Discretion is very true to Ree's swatch, it's that jammy cool almost grape sort of colour. It's very pretty, I can see this being a colour a lot of people could wear easily.

- Devore
is much less pigmented than I expected. I tried to capture it in the pictures because it does show up better IRL but it's almost like a Lip Shine rather than a Lip Color. On general, the found these to be on the less pigmented side, with more shine and slip than normal.

- Foxfire is very pretty but I don't think I needed it in retrospect. Wild Ginger has way more of a punch and I think Sunset Blvd is more complex. I haven't swatched it next to any of the boys yet - I have a few similar candidates, Hiro, Cristiano and Rafael - so if anyone want those, let me know. I was a tad disappointed. It's quite thin and needed several coats to reach the level of coverage in that pic (sorry about the quality, they were taken late at night after I did a YouTube review of these!). It's almost coral rather than red-orange. In the YouTube video, I actually think the colours are truer to life. That said, my videos are pretty amateur-esque lol so yeah...

I'm looking forward to trying the rest of the lipsticks and my fingers are crossed they'll be good. I really need to stop spending at this rate sigh. Especially because of the single eyeshadows because I'm going to go nuts when they launch - ugh. Budgets. Hate budgets.

Re: Devore, I think that shade in that texture sounds really nice

Discretion and Love Crime are on my short list. Might get LC first because of the song :)
Only ordered Wicked Ways so far

jasp0810

I'm super curious about Wicked Ways! It looked beautiful in one lip swatch a Nordies SA posted of 4 shades. (I think that was it? Been Instagram searching like crazy for swatches lol). One thing for sure is that the colour representations are totally inaccurate. Saw some pics on Sephora, which has them all up, and Foxfire does NOT look like that LOL.

Can't wait to see your swatches of Wicked Ways! And yep, Devore is lovely, it's similar to Nubile but with better wear time and cooler. Nubile is a favourite of mine.