Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

JerseyGirl

:violin::shakehead: I hate the feeling that you have to pounce right away to get product lol. Geesh, sometimes I want to think about it or see swatches but nope :call::shocked::punch::scream:

Yes it's awful when they make these items so limited and elusive. I'm not upset though, there's always another lipstick to wear anyway. The chase is fun but I always need to keep perspective. I hope everyone enjoys them I'm sure you ladies will look lovely!! :rocker:

:heart::heart:

Winthrop44

Wow, Sephora must have done something to get my order through..my lipstick will be here tomorrow!! Woot

I've found that when I select USPS (as yours would have had to go because of the Living Proof product) I ALWAYS get my order faster than when I select Flash. IMO Lasership is awful so I've stopped selecting Flash.

Winthrop44

:violin::shakehead: I hate the feeling that you have to pounce right away to get product lol. Geesh, sometimes I want to think about it or see swatches but nope :call::shocked::punch::scream:

Yep. I'm still wondering if it's going to look like that last video that AWS linked to or the earlier one we saw where it just looked like white shimmer.

awickedshape

Yes it's awful when they make these items so limited and elusive. I'm not upset though, there's always another lipstick to wear anyway. The chase is fun but I always need to keep perspective. I hope everyone enjoys them I'm sure you ladies will look lovely!! :rocker:

:heart::heart:

That's how I'm feeling about the Givenchy holiday lipsticks. Rare and limited stock, but someone had 15+ to sell at nearly 2x retail.

elegant-one

I've found that when I select USPS (as yours would have had to go because of the Living Proof product) I ALWAYS get my order faster than when I select Flash. IMO Lasership is awful so I've stopped selecting Flash.
Oh really! I did not know that. Thanks. I may need to see if that works better.

Yep. I'm still wondering if it's going to look like that last video that AWS linked to or the earlier one we saw where it just looked like white shimmer.

:shakehead: It better not be white-ish. Just by looking at it in the tube, I don't see how it can be unless its so sheer & has lots of shimmer.

Winthrop44

Oh really! I did not know that. Thanks. I may need to see if that works better.
:shakehead: It better not be white-ish. Just by looking at it in the tube, I don't see how it can be unless its so sheer & has lots of shimmer.

Yep. Do a couple of experimental orders for yourself and see if USPS or Flash is faster for your area. Definitely looking forward to hearing what you think of Orchid Soleil on "our" lips. Hope you love it! Of course then I will have to add it to my list (with Pink Dune) of TF lipsticks I hope will come back someday!

elegant-one

Yep. Do a couple of experimental orders for yourself and see if USPS or Flash is faster for your area. Definitely looking forward to hearing what you think of Orchid Soleil on "our" lips. Hope you love it! Of course then I will have to add it to my list (with Pink Dune) of TF lipsticks I hope will come back someday!

I was so anxious to get it today, I ran out in my nightie to unlock the door for the UPS guy...& froze :p Some days he is here first thing in the morning & others late day. I do not own Pink Dune either. I saw some very pretty lip pictures of it.
Yes, next Sephora order I will change it & see what happens.

On the Tacha lip oil, when did that get launched? I can't wait to see what it looks like on. It's very pretty. I also need a BU of the the cherry blossom lipstick.

Winthrop44

I was so anxious to get it today, I ran out in my nightie to unlock the door for the UPS guy...& froze :p Some days he is here first thing in the morning & others late day. I do not own Pink Dune either. I saw some very pretty lip pictures of it.

On the Tacha lip oil, when did that get launched? I can't wait to see what it looks like on. It's very pretty. I also need a BU of the the cherry blossom lipstick.
I had Pink Dune but lost it and stupidly didn’t have a backup. The Tatcha only launched a few days ago.

elegant-one

I had Pink Dune but lost it and stupidly didn’t have a backup. The Tatcha only launched a few days ago.

Bummer! I know I have a back up of the Plum Blossom but I haven't been able to find it...yet. I noticed that they would only let you buy one of the lip oil.

lipstickaddict

Did your TF orchid soleil arrive?I'm dying to hear what you think!!!!!!!!!

Aquamarine1543

I just went to bergdorf and they said new single eyeshadows will come out (36 colors) on black friday and they are all limited edtions. But the price is $36 or $40 per each. I was freaked out it is too expensive.

elegant-one

Yes, here it is. It swatches a soft copper rose shade but on the lips, the gold pearlish shimmer is much more prominent. I expected it to be more rose, but the rose is very soft subtle with more of the gold showing. I think the gold is what is making it look white-ish in the video. It's not white-ish at all just reflective gold shimmer. The shimmer is not over the top. It's quite pretty with just a sheer application. On our lips Winthrop, the rose shade is a bit less but still pretty. In natural lighting it is soft & pretty.

IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0073.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG

Last edited:

elegant-one

Thanks for the great swatches and tube pics! It looks very pretty.

It is! It's so soft & feminine. I had to drop a package off & when I looked in the review mirror to check it out, I was like Oooh, sexy pretty LOL! I can't believe the case isn't in the photo. I'll have to retake it tomorrow. geesh

Thank you!:flowers: It looks quite beautiful and very wearable! I'm on my way to the post office to pick up mine :)

You'll love it my dear! I forgot...the case is just :cloud9:

lipstickaddict

I LOVE it!!!!!!:heart::heart::heart:

I'm wearing mine right now and it's a pinkish nude on me (probably because of my darker skin tone). It is the perfect flattering shade that isn't too white but doesn't pull brown either. It is going to be killer with a Smokey eye!

Orchid soleil actually popped back up this morning on Sephora Canada for a little bit. Stock was probably low though because it disappeared very fast again.

Latest posts