Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

jasp0810

[MENTION=5347]Winthrop44[/MENTION]
I think sometimes TF tests something that way and then brings it back as perm if it's popular enough. Maybe eventually there will be a perm single es collection with some of the same shades? Just guessing.

That’s what I’m hoping! Single eyeshadows just seem like the type of product that should be permanent, and I know that there are plenty of fans of TF’s matte formula who resent the inclusion of glitter in most of the quads coughmecough. I was thinking that many of the UltraSuedes and Suedes in particular look like such great, basic transition shades, at least from the chart representations...it would be unfair to make them LE! I remember that Sephora beauty talk thread with the Tom Ford rep a while back where he mentioned that Hush, Videotape and Leatherette were 3 shades “that every woman should have.” God, I’m such a dork lol. I’m gonna take a wild guess that Hush is the first shade in the second row in the chart that [MENTION=67732]Aquamarine1543[/MENTION] posted (I can’t make out the name but it looks the right length!) Videotape and Warm Leatherette are already on my wishlist. Perhaps some of the shades/finishes will be seasonal while others stay permanent?

I’m going to try and keep it to half a dozen but we all know where restraint goes when Tom Ford releases come along....:whistle:

elegant-one

Restock orchid soleil lipstick on Sephora’s site! :sunshine:
You're up early today :) Oh good that you were able to get it!

Hey, did you get the new Tatcha lip oil? Winthrop talked me into it :) It's really pretty on & soothes & smooths your lips.

Last edited:

Aquamarine1543

[MENTION=61184]Naynadine[/MENTION] Me too! I'm a big fan of matte eyeshadows, but it's hard to find ones which has nice shades and textures. Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown shadows are fine, but they're too warm for me.

Haven

You're up early today :) Oh good that you were able to get it!

Hey, did you get the new Tatcha lip oil? Winthrop talked me into it :) It's really pretty on & soothes & smooths your lips.

I tried to sleep in, but DH got up early and was quietly (note sarcasm) banging around the house. He thinks that he is quietly creeping around, but he is so darn loud. Then the kids get up, and the dogs get up. No more sleep for me! I get up around 5 am during the work week though :doh:

I have thought about the tatcha oil but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I seem to have been on a makeup buying binge lately.

elegant-one

I tried to sleep in, but DH got up early and was quietly (note sarcasm) banging around the house. He thinks that he is quietly creeping around, but he is so darn loud. Then the kids get up, and the dogs get up. No more sleep for me! I get up around 5 am during the work week though :doh:

I have thought about the tatcha oil but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I seem to have been on a makeup buying binge lately.

Funny! Yes, they do not know how to be quiet lol, I relate. I hope you like the OS lipstick on. I'm always on a makeup/jeans binge :marchmellow:

peanut

That's my thinking!! I can always get TF shimmery shades but the mattes are a little harder to come by. Would love to hear what you end up with.

awickedshape

Do you all have trouble loading pages on her site? It always takes forever on both my desktop and iPad, so long that I often lose patience and give up after about half of the page loads. Is it me?

It's fast for me on Chrome mobile.
It's posting here that I get problems with

elegant-one

I LOVE The Perfect Kiss & Foxfire :heart:

Gotta love her Yoga Gnome LOL :roflmao: I bought a funny "scream" Gnome & hid it all around outside my neighbors house :) They just recently found out it was me putting it everywhere. That was fun.

Last edited:

elegant-one

Do you all have trouble loading pages on her site? It always takes forever on both my desktop and iPad, so long that I often lose patience and give up after about half of the page loads. Is it me?

Same with me & I'm now using a really fast new laptop that doesn't have issues.

Winthrop44

It's fast for me on Chrome mobile.
It's posting here that I get problems with

Chrome mobile can’t be used on Apple devices I suppose?

Edit: Just tried it on my iPad and her page is still just as slow for me. Chrome is what I always use on my desktop. Maybe it’s my cable company that doesn’t like her server or something.

Last edited: