Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

elegant-one

Chrome mobile can’t be used on Apple devices I suppose?

Edit: Just tried it on my iPad and her page is still just as slow for me. Chrome is what I always use on my desktop. Maybe it’s my cable company that doesn’t like her server or something.

Her site is always very slow loading for me but last night was really bad. We upgraded to much faster connection with our cable company & it's still the same for me on her site.

KiKi Kontour

finally seen swatches from temptalia on the new shades!!! i almost ordered paper doll blindly lol. But wit the sephora sale near I can add paper doll and the soleil lippie (the packaging alone is a grabber) but it's now out of stock annnnd i know for sure it'll prolly be gone by the time my VIB azz gets a chance!!! Ugh!!! I also wanna get Temptation Waits and Revolve around Me. If it comes back in stock before the sale IM GRABBIN IT!!!!

Erena

Where the swatch of ALL MINE? I ordered everything blindly because I couldn't wait for the swatches. I ordered Paper Doll because of the cute name.

jasp0810

I have issues with the Beauty Professor's site too, both on mobile and desktop. I also just find it a bit hard to navigate in general because of the layout but I'm probably just picky! I saw her swatch on Instagram of the new Oribe Tropic Flame lipstick and promptly bought all three new shades from Net-a-Porter! I absolutely love the Oribe Lip Lust formula, it's consistently great too.

Ahem, bringing the subject back to Tom Ford lol. Thanks to the incredibly thoughtful @Winthrop44, I was able to pick up the Orchid Soleil lipstick yesterday! It looks beautiful in the pics, I'm thrilled I got it! I also had a moment of weakness today and ordered Magnetic Attraction. I think it was the shade I thought was Impassioned in some of the Instagram swatches (I bought Impassioned and it's lovely, just not what I had expected!) @awickedshape had me convinced already and Christine's swatches just sealed the deal, Last lipstick lol. (Famous last words...).

I managed to find a few pics on Instagram of some eyeshadow singles. Not sure if they've been posted yet but I'm very confused by the black one. It looks like a matte to me but doesn't match any of the shades in that finish on the chart. I def am assuming that first one is Smoked Opaline. Love it! No clue about the second. But the black one is the head scratcher for me.

Link to the black shade : Instagram

Attachments

• FADB5322-5519-4E88-8C77-8EA7190332C1.jpeg
    FADB5322-5519-4E88-8C77-8EA7190332C1.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 3,120
  • A9A043CF-A3A4-415A-887D-FDFC9C4954BB.jpeg
    A9A043CF-A3A4-415A-887D-FDFC9C4954BB.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 3,169
  • 70814C21-237E-4130-A85B-501E6A735EF2.jpeg
    70814C21-237E-4130-A85B-501E6A735EF2.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3,176
Last edited:

Filmfreak

For anyone having trouble with slow-loading sites, like BP: maybe try the new Firefox Quantum browser once it's released. I already use the (beta) developer edition at work and it really loads a lot of websites significantly faster than the regular Firefox. I haven't had any big issues with the developer version so far, my only complaint would be that some extensions I'm used to don't work with Quantum yet. And it seems not to work perfectly with browser themes, I've had some display problems. But if you don't install themes and use it only as an addition to your regular browser I guess you could give it a try. Or wait for the stable version, I'm sure Mozilla will get rid of the minor flaws until then.

elegant-one

I have issues with the Beauty Professor's site too, both on mobile and desktop. I also just find it a bit hard to navigate in general because of the layout but I'm probably just picky! I saw her swatch on Instagram of the new Oribe Tropic Flame lipstick and promptly bought all three new shades from Net-a-Porter! I absolutely love the Oribe Lip Lust formula, it's consistently great too.

Ahem, bringing the subject back to Tom Ford lol. Thanks to the incredibly thoughtful @Winthrop44, I was able to pick up the Orchid Soleil lipstick yesterday! It looks beautiful in the pics, I'm thrilled I got it! I also had a moment of weakness today and ordered Magnetic Attraction. I think it was the shade I thought was Impassioned in some of the Instagram swatches (I bought Impassioned and it's lovely, just not what I had expected!) @awickedshape had me convinced already and Christine's swatches just sealed the deal, Last lipstick lol. (Famous last words...).

I managed to find a few pics on Instagram of some eyeshadow singles. Not sure if they've been posted yet but I'm very confused by the black one. It looks like a matte to me but doesn't match any of the shades in that finish on the chart. I def am assuming that first one is Smoked Opaline. Love it! No clue about the second. But the black one is the head scratcher for me.

I really love the middle one, pending swatches of course. Thanks!

Aquamarine1543

I have issues with the Beauty Professor's site too, both on mobile and desktop. I also just find it a bit hard to navigate in general because of the layout but I'm probably just picky! I saw her swatch on Instagram of the new Oribe Tropic Flame lipstick and promptly bought all three new shades from Net-a-Porter! I absolutely love the Oribe Lip Lust formula, it's consistently great too.Ahem, bringing the subject back to Tom Ford lol. Thanks to the incredibly thoughtful @Winthrop44, I was able to pick up the Orchid Soleil lipstick yesterday! It looks beautiful in the pics, I'm thrilled I got it! I also had a moment of weakness today and ordered Magnetic Attraction. I think it was the shade I thought was Impassioned in some of the Instagram swatches (I bought Impassioned and it's lovely, just not what I had expected!) @awickedshape had me convinced already and Christine's swatches just sealed the deal, Last lipstick lol. (Famous last words...).

Cool! I can skip the black one! lol

Scorpio69

As usual I was sleeping on the wheel regarding the orchid soleil lip color. Am I out of luck , do the boutiques have it? Does anyone know of any Sephora has it? I cannot bring up the product page .

Winthrop44

As usual I was sleeping on the wheel regarding the orchid soleil lip color. Am I out of luck , do the boutiques have it? Does anyone know of any Sephora has it? I cannot bring up the product page .

It was on the TF site for awhile but sold out there and is not available in boutiques - at least for now. It's supposedly a Sephora exclusive and SAs at Neimans/Bergdorf's have said they're not getting it. Sephora seems to be playing games, putting it up for a matter of hours on two different days and then pulling it off their web site at the end of that period each time. So who knows if or when they'll put it up again. Maybe for the upcoming sale? I would just keep my eye on the Sephora and TF web sites.

Edit: Other times when they pulled it off the Sephora site it also disappeared from my "Loves" list. Right now I can still see it there and when I get to the product page it says OOS and gives the option to be emailed when it's back in stock, so I would think that means it will be back. See if this works for you to request the email:

Access Denied

2nd Edit: And now I can see it by just going to the brand page, so not to worry!

Last edited:

Scorpio69

It was on the TF site for awhile but sold out there and is not available in boutiques - at least for now. It's supposedly a Sephora exclusive and SAs at Neimans/Bergdorf's have said they're not getting it. Sephora seems to be playing games, putting it up for a matter of hours on two different days and then pulling it off their web site at the end of that period each time. So who knows if or when they'll put it up again. Maybe for the upcoming sale? I would just keep my eye on the Sephora and TF web sites.

Edit: Other times when they pulled it off the Sephora site it also disappeared from my "Loves" list. Right now I can still see it there and when I get to the product page it says OOS and gives the option to be emailed when it's back in stock, so I would think that means it will be back. See if this works for you to request the email:

Access Denied

2nd Edit: And now I can see it by just going to the brand page, so not to worry!

Thank you Winthrop, you are so helpful as usual !!!

peanut

It's back on TF.com. Just click the Soleil Winter 2017 in the right menu to access..

Anahita Balsara

UGH I keep trying to buy the orchid soleil lipstick. I can add it to my bag but when I go to check out it says its out of stock. Is it really sold out or is it just a glitch on their end?? I am gutted that is sold out on Sephora.com