Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

GreenEyedAllie

You must really love them! Did you get Breathless by any chance? I'm waffling between that one and Body double.

I tested them today, and I think BD is more unique and pretty than Breathless. Breathless was a very pretty glitter bomb. It’s cooler toned and BD was warmer toned (on me).

GreenEyedAllie

What do you guys think about Dark Victory, High rise, Videotape, Silver screen and Blue Velvet?
I want to get Dark Victory and Silver screen, but I'm not sure about the rest of them.

Personally, I found DV, HR, and V very dupable and not that great texture-wise. I was surprised by how much I loved SS and BV. I think I have a dupe for SS in my ColourPop MLP palette, but I am definitely considering BV.
Blue Velvet is the other one on my maybe list. I forgot to mention it above. originally thought I might like Videotape and High Rise but am not overly impressed with the swatches I’ve seen of those.

ETA: I also like the swatch of Exposure Sateen. Boring, I know, but I still like the one swatch I’ve seen. Silver Screen does not look very pigmented at all in the beauty_bycamellia Sateen swatches linked above. So much for my Silver Screen + Breathless combo.
I just replied to you on that post in IG. I think SS is WAY more pigmented than her swatch. Honestly, it was one of the prettier ones swatched.

2962D9C3-9794-46A8-B981-F59D090E701E.jpeg

It’s the very bottom shade with BV over it. They look lovely together. The lighting sucks and has flash. The color was even more intense with more visible pearl in person.

And the SA at Nordstrom confirmed NO WHERE, except maybe TF boutiques received Fire Sign. There wasn’t even a tester.

Winthrop44

Have you guys ordered something at TF official website? I placed an order and checked the order status. It said (my order is) "Reserved". What does it mean? Do you have any idea?

I have a couple of times. IIRC that just means it's processing. As long as what you order is in stock and you don't mind signature delivery it's okay.

Winthrop44

I tested them today, and I think BD is more unique and pretty than Breathless. Breathless was a very pretty glitter bomb. It’s cooler toned and BD was warmer toned (on me).

Personally, I found DV, HR, and V very dupable and not that great texture-wise. I was surprised by how much I loved SS and BV. I think I have a dupe for SS in my ColourPop MLP palette, but I am definitely considering BV.

I just replied to you on that post in IG. I think SS is WAY more pigmented than her swatch. Honestly, it was one of the prettier ones swatched.

View attachment 62483

It’s the very bottom shade with BV over it. They look lovely together. The lighting sucks and has flash. The color was even more intense with more visible pearl in person.

And the SA at Nordstrom confirmed NO WHERE, except maybe TF boutiques received Fire Sign. There wasn’t even a tester.

Thanks for the swatches and all the great info Allie. Super helpful!

elegant-one

View attachment 62483

Did you swatch Loveshade? It looked like it might be pulling a bit more pink, but it's hard to tell. I was hoping for that pretty nude peachish shade.

GreenEyedAllie

Did you swatch Loveshade? It looked like it might be pulling a bit more pink, but it's hard to tell. I was hoping for that pretty nude peachish shade.

07F5CB27-1994-4341-A90A-C2DC24FB7084.jpeg 775FBBC5-1065-41EB-AA2C-1DD30BEBE72C.jpeg

Sorry these are so crappy. They were for personal consumption to jog my memory later moreso than sharing; though I’m delighted if they help. Loveshade is 4th from my sleeve in the line of swatches that are vertical. I found it more peachy than pink, but it does have a light coral feel to it.

Winthrop44

View attachment 62494 View attachment 62495

Sorry these are so crappy. They were for personal consumption to jog my memory later moreso than sharing; though I’m delighted if they help. Loveshade is 4th from my sleeve in the line of swatches that are vertical. I found it more peachy than pink, but it does have a light coral feel to it.

Thanks again Allie. Do you happen to remember if Exposure was peachy pink or just a straight up light pink?

GreenEyedAllie

Thanks again Allie. Do you happen to remember if Exposure was peachy pink or just a straight up light pink?
Unfortunately I didn’t swatch that one. I wasn’t interested in it. Given how few swatches there are, I’m not wishing I took more time to do them all and well to post here and on my IG. My hubs was wrangling the baby and toddler by himself in the store, so I felt bad taking a bunch of time. He’s so sweet though because once we were home (home home), he was sad to learn I didn’t because he knows how much fun I have with this stuff.
I am still on the fence about the single shadows. Can’t decide if I want/need any of them. :confused:
There are several I like a lot, but the price is killing me when I have so many super nice shadows from other brands right now.

lipstickaddict

My Silver Screen shipped this morning. On Sephora, it says Only A Few Left :rofl:

Oh wow! Guess that's a popular one! It's also sold out on Beautylish along with several of the others.

Edit: it's gone from Sephora now too. Guess they pull the colors that are OOS

Last edited:

Winthrop44

Silver Screen said "only a few left" from the time they were listed. I don't know if Sephora will get more but I think other places will since counters have called it a "late arrival".

Latest posts