UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

PeachTwist

I just called MAC to see if it was possible to have my Hibiscus put into the same box as my other stuff - nope. It'll be shipped tomorrow. HOWEVER - my FF and SP stuff shipped today - YAY!
yahoo.gif

rockin

This is what I'm trying to achieve!! Lol!!
Is it just me but when you've added things to your basket on Debenhams and you click continue shopping to add more you have to navigate through the menus again to get back to where you were. I find that rather irritating......does this happen to anyone else?

Yep, I found that rather annoying, too.

I've just received my order update from Debenhams. All but one thing is marked as 'despatched'. One item, one of the MES (but it doesn't say which one) says "Supplier Order - In Progress", which I hope means I will get it eventually.

Matching up the "Thank you for your order" mail with this one, it does seem it's probably Unsurpassable that isn't currently available.

My MAC order still says "In Warehouse", but it's usually late in the evening before mine changes to despatched anyway. Sometimes I get an email, sometimes I don't.

PeachTwist

Omg! Thank you! -- Now to hope it stays in stock 'cause I'm so damn poor I can't afford it until the 16th! Ahhhhhh! :(

Yay for your order being dispatched too! So happy!

MY MAC order has also been despatched! YAY! :)

I also forgot to mention the lady on the phone said if you order from MAC before 12pm it gets shipped the same day, afterwards it's the day after. They also seemed to have changed couriers as my tracking code is with "Yodel" now and not DHL? Whatever "Yodel" is, lol. So maybe they won't forge my signature anymore? Haha.

rockin

I also forgot to mention the lady on the phone said if you order from MAC before 12pm it gets shipped the same day, afterwards it's the day after. They also seemed to have changed couriers as my tracking code is with "Yodel" now and not DHL? Whatever "Yodel" is, lol. So maybe they won't forge my signature anymore? Haha.
Yodel is the new name for DHL, as they were bought out I believe.

Anitacska

Just click on the Back arrow on your browser and it takes you back to where you were without losing what's in your basket.

Yep, I found that rather annoying, too.

I've just received my order update from Debenhams. All but one thing is marked as 'despatched'. One item, one of the MES (but it doesn't say which one) says "Supplier Order - In Progress", which I hope means I will get it eventually.

Matching up the "Thank you for your order" mail with this one, it does seem it's probably Unsurpassable that isn't currently available.

My MAC order still says "In Warehouse", but it's usually late in the evening before mine changes to despatched anyway. Sometimes I get an email, sometimes I don't.

Alisha1

Its a shame they put up new collections after 12pm!

PeachTwist

Oh okay - thanks. Guess we'll see if I don't sign for it myself and yet it has my signature.

On another note: My sigma order arrived. One of them has something sticky in the bristles and although I washed it - it's not coming out. Also was sent a free small E25 as you get with any purchase over $30 and the bristles on it are splayed everywhere. Washing & trying to reshape it has done nothing. I've e-mailed Sigma about it and I'm still waiting for a reply. I'll be annoyed if they want me to pay to return it to them & what not. Their mess up, not mine but I get the feeling it'll happen. We'll see. So much for doing a good first impressions blog post on them. I'll just wait until I hear from them before I make the post & let people know what they say. Hmm.

LMD84

honestly i have never been overly wowed by sigma brushes. i think some are great but others are terrible. their version of the mac 224 for example - it is really splayed out and quite scratchy feeling on the skin. my mac one has kept it's shape for years and feels soft. i love how cheap sigma is but sometimes i feel that the quality people don't check everything.

Alisha1

On another note: My sigma order arrived. One of them has something sticky in the bristles and although I washed it - it's not coming out. Also was sent a free small E25 as you get with any purchase over $30 and the bristles on it are splayed everywhere. Washing & trying to reshape it has done nothing. I've e-mailed Sigma about it and I'm still waiting for a reply. I'll be annoyed if they want me to pay to return it to them & what not. Their mess up, not mine but I get the feeling it'll happen. We'll see. So much for doing a good first impressions blog post on them. I'll just wait until I hear from them before I make the post & let people know what they say. Hmm.

^Thats strange - hope they sort it out for you! If they don't reply maybe you could try ringing them if they have a number as it might be quicker :)

PeachTwist

honestly i have never been overly wowed by sigma brushes. i think some are great but others are terrible. their version of the mac 224 for example - it is really splayed out and quite scratchy feeling on the skin. my mac one has kept it's shape for years and feels soft. i love how cheap sigma is but sometimes i feel that the quality people don't check everything.

Really? That's such a shame. I've always loved their brushes. The version I have of the 224 isn't scratchy at all. It's soft, blends well, and hasn't splayed out at all. I'd buy MAC ones if I could afford them, but until I find a job I can't so I make do with what I can. I really do love my sigma brushes but I'm really upset about these 2. The other 3 are superb from what I can tell though. I'll see how they work once they've dried. Just wish they'd reply to my e-mail.

PeachTwist

Yeah - I'll give them until tomorrow, possibly Thursday and if I haven't heard anything I'll try to find a number to contact them.

^Thats strange - hope they sort it out for you! If they don't reply maybe you could try ringing them if they have a number as it might be quicker :)

LMD84

Really? That's such a shame. I've always loved their brushes. The version I have of the 224 isn't scratchy at all. It's soft, blends well, and hasn't splayed out at all. I'd buy MAC ones if I could afford them, but until I find a job I can't so I make do with what I can. I really do love my sigma brushes but I'm really upset about these 2. The other 3 are superb from what I can tell though. I'll see how they work once they've dried. Just wish they'd reply to my e-mail.
yeah see that's what i mean about the quality control not being there - lots of others say their version of the 224 is fine too!!

PeachTwist

I do! I'm so sorry yours sucked! :( Funnily enough - the one with the sticky stuff in it is a 2nd 224 one. I wanted it for concealer.. I did notice it shaped differently to my first, also. Odd. I hope if they replace it it looks like my other one or at least works well. Excited to try the F80 though. It's so fudging soft it's insane!

PeachTwist

Neko, my cat.. has gone missing. I know this really isn't the right place for this but at the moment I just don't care.

We've looked everywhere. Every single place he could possibly squeeze his tiny little body into. We've torn the house apart. We've looked in the backyard amongst stuff piled out there and he isn't there.. I looked out the front of my house and I can't find him. I've tried calling his name, I'm unable to call it too loudly as it's nearly midnight and my neighbours would complain but loud enough that he would hear it. I feel horrible. I left the back door open just for a few minutes to cool the downstairs down a little bit. He's an indoor cat, I adopted him, the shelter specifically said he would have to be an indoor cat and that he couldn't be an outdoor cat or an indoor and outdoor cat.. and he's gone.

He has a microchip, but no name tag.. as I'd never thought of him ever going outside so I didn't get him one. He's only microchipped because the shelter does that for every animal they take in. He does have a collar, with a bell, so I'd know if he was outside and stuck somewhere 'cause I'd be able to hear the slight jingle. The other problem is this neighbourhood has so many outdoor cats that no one would even notice a different cat around. They wouldn't find him and think he's missing, or think to take him anywhere to be scanned.. he'd be left.

I really just want to cry. I'm so upset but I can't bring myself to cry because if I do I won't stop. I don't want to sleep - it feels strange without him here. It hurts, I'm so upset. I just.. don't even know what to do or where to look.

Sorry for rambling and being off topic.

amy_forster

Neko, my cat.. has gone missing. I know this really isn't the right place for this but at the moment I just don't care.

We've looked everywhere. Every single place he could possibly squeeze his tiny little body into. We've torn the house apart. We've looked in the backyard amongst stuff piled out there and he isn't there.. I looked out the front of my house and I can't find him. I've tried calling his name, I'm unable to call it too loudly as it's nearly midnight and my neighbours would complain but loud enough that he would hear it. I feel horrible. I left the back door open just for a few minutes to cool the downstairs down a little bit. He's an indoor cat, I adopted him, the shelter specifically said he would have to be an indoor cat and that he couldn't be an outdoor cat or an indoor and outdoor cat.. and he's gone.

He has a microchip, but no name tag.. as I'd never thought of him ever going outside so I didn't get him one. He's only microchipped because the shelter does that for every animal they take in. He does have a collar, with a bell, so I'd know if he was outside and stuck somewhere 'cause I'd be able to hear the slight jingle. The other problem is this neighbourhood has so many outdoor cats that no one would even notice a different cat around. They wouldn't find him and think he's missing, or think to take him anywhere to be scanned.. he'd be left.

I really just want to cry. I'm so upset but I can't bring myself to cry because if I do I won't stop. I don't want to sleep - it feels strange without him here. It hurts, I'm so upset. I just.. don't even know what to do or where to look.

Sorry for rambling and being off topic.

Don't worry about being off topic chick, I'm sure noone will mind :) I know the worry you're feeling though. We have 2 house cats of our own and also currently have a foster cat that we are caring for for a lady who is in a womens refuge. We recently thought that the foster cat had got out (so not even our own cat!) and we tore the house apart, went outside and spent what felt like an eternity looking for her, only to find her under the bed in the tiniest gap that we didn't even know was there!!! And as for one of our 2 going missing, I don't know what I'd do, I think I'd go mad looking! Take 5 minutes to breathe & then have a calm (as calm as you can be in the situation) look around, you might find him in the most ridiculous of places!!! Have you tried any wardrobes or cupboards he may have got himself into? Maybe leave the door open for a bit longer too (although keep an eye on it as he may be hidden somewhere in the house!) as you might be surprised and Neko may well find his own way home :)

One other thing to do is have a look on catchat.org/forum as they are amazing. There's people from all over the country and they're a fab bunch :) If you can post pictures or even just a description they will all do their best to help your fur baby find his way back home!

LMD84

Don't worry about being off topic chick, I'm sure noone will mind :) I know the worry you're feeling though. We have 2 house cats of our own and also currently have a foster cat that we are caring for for a lady who is in a womens refuge. We recently thought that the foster cat had got out (so not even our own cat!) and we tore the house apart, went outside and spent what felt like an eternity looking for her, only to find her under the bed in the tiniest gap that we didn't even know was there!!! And as for one of our 2 going missing, I don't know what I'd do, I think I'd go mad looking! Take 5 minutes to breathe & then have a calm (as calm as you can be in the situation) look around, you might find him in the most ridiculous of places!!! Have you tried any wardrobes or cupboards he may have got himself into? Maybe leave the door open for a bit longer too (although keep an eye on it as he may be hidden somewhere in the house!) as you might be surprised and Neko may well find his own way home :)
One other thing to do is have a look on catchat.org/forum as they are amazing. There's people from all over the country and they're a fab bunch :) If you can post pictures or even just a description they will all do their best to help your fur baby find his way back home!
thanks for that forum link - i will take a look later. i am also pleased that others keep house cats! some people think i'm mean for keeping mine inside.

Sweetoothj

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/174828/uk-release-dates-discussion-all-brands-welcome/1050#post_2138879"]

ok i know this is easy for me to say but please don't panic. both my babies are house kitties and each have escaped and have gone exploring over night but both came back the next day - when they wanted breakfast. so if neko has gone outside i am certain that he will come back to you very soon. but he could be in the house still. once annie got stuck behind our washing machine and i was crying my eyes out thinking she had gotten outside - then she came crawling out and just acted like nothing had happened. i am thinking of you and hoping your baby comes home very soon.

thanks for that forum link - i will take a look later. i am also pleased that others keep house cats! some people think i'm mean for keeping mine inside.

[/quote] You're not mean at all, my late cat Lizzie was totally a house cat, I used to open the door and she'd look at me like, 'what you want me go where exactly?' and go and sit herself down on sofa lol!! I hope you find your cat Peachtwist, I know its easy to say but try not to worry. Cats are very independent creatures and sometimes go off on little jaunts much to the frantic worry of their owners. My friends cat went for one of his 'walks' and she was sick with worry, he strolled in through the back door 3 days later like nothing had happened!! Sending good vibes your way x

Latest posts