UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

Sweetoothj

Muji storage is great and reasonably priced, its stackable and so you can add as and when you need more storage. They have so many components but you have to be quick with the wide drawer without lid, because since that show with the K sisters aired which showed their clear make up storage, its always out of stock. I wouldnt recommend it for those with huge or unwieldy collections but if you have a reasonably small collection it would work just fine. Here's mine, I've ordered 2 more of the wide 2 drawer components to add to the bottom. This is the link to Muji :)

rockin

That clear storage looks great, but I daren't have my makeup 'on show' as it were, because my Mum would absolutely do her nut if she saw it - she's always going on about my spending. I do have an awful lot of makeup and, as she rightly points out, only one face!

AndSparkle

That clear storage looks great, but I daren't have my makeup 'on show' as it were, because my Mum would absolutely do her nut if she saw it - she's always going on about my spending. I do have an awful lot of makeup and, as she rightly points out, only one face!

Haha, my parents now think the same, so I'm going to get rid of a lot of stuff when I can figure how to use the clearance bin! :p

rockin

Grrr, I've just had an email from Debenhams saying that the order for Unsurpassable that they put through for me yesterday cannot be fulfilled and they have refunded my payment! Why did she say they had more stock of it released onto the system when there wasn't, giving me false hope? Surely if it was in stock when she put the order through, I should have got it?

I give up - I've now ordered it from MAC. Luckily the code Survey10 still works

On the positive side, my MAC order with the 234 and Hint Of Sapphire (placed as an afterthought after my initial Debenhams order) has arrived. H of S is so sparkly and beautiful in the pan! Dry, it swatches better on my hand using just my finger than it does with either side of the 234. Will try it out properly later, as I have to go shopping soon

27dots

Any idea whether we'll be able to order the pans individually (of the new colours being released with the duos)?

The purple colour in "duo 1" is the only one I really want, if I could just buy that one on it's own that would be perfect!

Anitacska

Just got back in from the parenting course I go to on Thursday mornings and found that the Yodel man/lady left my parcel behind out wheelie bin. I'm so happy, I really thought I'd miss the delivery and wouldn't be able to get it until tomorrow! Just unpacked everything and it all looks so pretty!
love.gif
I will take pictures and post them later, but I'm starving right now. :) Since I received my package today, I will now only go to the counter tomorrow rather than rushing around this afternoon and pick up Unsurpassable and check out the rest of the collections. I'm not that fussed about the lipsticks and lipglosses, so if anything sells out, don't care much. I did order 2 lipgelees and Summer Shower l/s from FF, so I've got what I wanted most. :)

Rockin - maybe your package is being delivered by Yodel too, and not Royal Mail. Fingers crossed. x

Sweetoothj

Just got back in from the parenting course I go to on Thursday mornings and found that the Yodel man/lady left my parcel behind out wheelie bin. I'm so happy, I really thought I'd miss the delivery and wouldn't be able to get it until tomorrow! Just unpacked everything and it all looks so pretty!
love.gif
I will take pictures and post them later, but I'm starving right now. :) Since I received my package today, I will now only go to the counter tomorrow rather than rushing around this afternoon and pick up Unsurpassable and check out the rest of the collections. I'm not that fussed about the lipsticks and lipglosses, so if anything sells out, don't care much. I did order 2 lipgelees and Summer Shower l/s from FF, so I've got what I wanted most. :)

Rockin - maybe your package is being delivered by Yodel too, and not Royal Mail. Fingers crossed. x

YAY!!
pompom.gif
I'm also very happy, after LOTS of sleuthing (no thanks to MAC) I managed to get the tracking number of my order and the mobile number of the DHL @home courier who apparently lives a 10 minute drive from me and said I could collect it from him this evening as I pass his house on my way home from work
yahoo.gif

I will go to the counter on Saturday and check out the rest of the collection although I dont think I'll be buying anything else. Have to keep the funds ready for Chanel's Fall Collection
tong.gif

Rockin and Lou hope you get your goodies soon
th_hug.gif

Sweetoothj

Haha, my parents now think the same, so I'm going to get rid of a lot of stuff when I can figure how to use the clearance bin! :p

Thanks ladies! It makes it easy to find things and organise.......my nickname at work is OCD........cant think why hahahaha!!!

Alisha1

Thanks ladies! It makes it easy to find things and organise.......my nickname at work is OCD........cant think why hahahaha!!!
I want to be organised! LOL well I am but its just hard as my collection is growing and I need more room! Thanks for the link :)

Sweetoothj

[quote name="Alisha1" url="/forum/thread/174828/uk-release-dates-discussion-all-brands-welcome/1110#post_2139411"]

My Debenhams package has not turned up either :/ I'm not bothered anymore though as I saw the collections today and there soooo underwhelming, I mean I never bought anything else at all! 

I want to be organised! LOL well I am but its just hard as my collection is growing and I need more room! Thanks for the link :)

[/quote] You're welcome! Oh dear was it that bad? Maybe I'll skip going to the counter in that case.....

Anitacska

Really? I love everything I got! Can't wait to pick up Unsurpassable as the other mes are really gorgeous and also check out the lip stuff. Has anyone bought the brown blush? Is it nice? I'm afraid it'll be too muddy on me (I'm about NC/NW20 I think).

Alisha1

It wasn't bad it was just blah :/ if that makes any sense! The brushes are super sort though but they don't seem like a must have to me. The eyeshadows are just not me - too glittery/frosty/shiny LOL The glosses look good - I still want Natural Flare and I want the Pearl MSF but if they sell out I wouldn't be upset.

I tried to swatch Groundcover from FF but it didn't even show up! I than used the 234 brush from SP and it was still very sheer! So I never bothered picking it up and Bows&Curtseys is pretty but too black based for my taste. Lol this is the first time I've seen a collection and not thought 'I want everything'! I'm learning :)
dance.gif

LMD84

i'm not sure. i believe it will only be bought as a duo though rather than just buying a single pan.

my coral blush arrived but it was all broken. the lady at mac was very nice though and said they'd ship me out another one and that i can chuck the broken one out. I just used it while filming and it went everywhere!! lol! very pretty though and even on my nc20 skin it doesn't look too orange or anything :) yay!

PeachTwist

Hey ladies,

Update? Sorry I'll try to keep this small.

No sign of Neko yet. I keep thinking I see him but it's always the damn neighbours cat which looks like him. I'm really annoyed and upset now.

I spent yesterday evening in hospital with my 14yr old brother who had a seizure. Went at about 10pm, got home at 2am and had to be back for 9am and then didn't manage to leave again until after 2pm. It's been a hell of a long couple of days. The Dr this morning was crap. We plan on complaining about her. I realise she is supposed to know what she is talking about -- but we really feel strongly she hasn't done everything she could. This is his first seizure, epilepsy runs quite strongly in our family.. and on top of it he also suffers from migraines on quite a regular basis. Knowing the little we do about medicine (which isn't all that little), migraines & seizures mixed together usually don't mean anything good at all. In A&E last night they said about doing brain scans because he wasn't responding how they wanted him too. Thankfully he seems back to "normal" now, however we still want them to do the scan and the Dr refuses to unless he has another one. Apparently it's "normal" for people his age to have a random seizure and never have one again. -- I've never heard of this, I've asked others who also hasn't unless they've already been diagnosed with epilepsy. So maybe she was just trying not to worry us? But in our guts, we don't feel she should be waiting, especially considering our family history.

My MAC order hasn't arrived. I assume it will tomorrow. It didn't change to "dispatched" until today, so that's all I can assume.

I'm interested in the collection however I don't like the idea of being forced to get a duo when I may only want one colour. So hopefully we can just pick and choose.

Those of you who have gotten your orders, how are you liking everything?

I'm sorry this was so long.

Anitacska

Aaw Caitlin, sorry to hear about your brother. Hope everything is okay. Also sorry to hear your kitten still hasn't returned home. It must be really hard for you right now.
th_cheerup.gif
Hope everything sorts itself out soon. xxx

Hey ladies,

No sign of Neko yet. I keep thinking I see him but it's always the damn neighbours cat which looks like him. I'm really annoyed and upset now.

I spent yesterday evening in hospital with my 14yr old brother who had a seizure. Went at about 10pm, got home at 2am and had to be back for 9am and then didn't manage to leave again until after 2pm. It's been a hell of a long couple of days. The Dr this morning was crap. We plan on complaining about her. I realise she is supposed to know what she is talking about -- but we really feel strongly she hasn't done everything she could. This is his first seizure, epilepsy runs quite strongly in our family.. and on top of it he also suffers from migraines on quite a regular basis. Knowing the little we do about medicine (which isn't all that little), migraines & seizures mixed together usually don't mean anything good at all. In A&E last night they said about doing brain scans because he wasn't responding how they wanted him too. Thankfully he seems back to "normal" now, however we still want them to do the scan and the Dr refuses to unless he has another one. Apparently it's "normal" for people his age to have a random seizure and never have one again. -- I've never heard of this, I've asked others who also hasn't unless they've already been diagnosed with epilepsy. So maybe she was just trying not to worry us? But in our guts, we don't feel she should be waiting, especially considering our family history.

My MAC order hasn't arrived. I assume it will tomorrow. It didn't change to "dispatched" until today, so that's all I can assume.

I'm interested in the collection however I don't like the idea of being forced to get a duo when I may only want one colour. So hopefully we can just pick and choose.

Alisha1

Hey ladies,

I'm sorry to hear about your brother - that sounds terrible :( In my recent experience with my doctor I've noticed that they tend to shrug off young people because statistically older people are often more vulnerable but they need to understand that statistics mean nothing to an individual and. I hope your brother gets well soon and you find Neko (an adorable name by the way! I have a game on my phone and I named my virtual cat that, well spelt Nico :) )

I think this collection is perfect for a mineral product lovers and thankfully I'm not one of them :) money saved I guess but I do hope I use the 2 mes that I bought or else it would be a waste!

PeachTwist

I'm sorry to hear about your brother - that sounds terrible :( In my recent experience with my doctor I've noticed that they tend to shrug off young people because statistically older people are often more vulnerable but they need to understand that statistics mean nothing to an individual and. I hope your brother gets well soon and you find Neko (an adorable name by the way! I have a game on my phone and I named my virtual cat that, well spelt Nico :) )

I think this collection is perfect for a mineral product lovers and thankfully I'm not one of them :) money saved I guess but I do hope I use the 2 mes that I bought or else it would be a waste!

It really was - it was horrible. I agree, they really do shrug it off. You're right, statistics are just that, statistics. Every individual person is different and should be treated differently rather than as a "mass". Thank you - he is doing better thankfully. He has absolutely no memory at all though, which is another concern that the Dr shrugged off. Aw thank you! I hadn't thought of spelling it "Nico" that really is a much better spelling so people understand how it's spelled better. When I type it to people I usually type "knee-ko" haha!

I agree - I'm so glad I'm not a mineral person. I admit a lot of this stuff is very pretty - but it's just not my thing and I can't justify spending that much money on them. I'm glad, though. It's money saved.