What's your Biggest MAC Regret?

Rebellefleur

I wish I was into mac when Fafi was out, I would have loved one of the compacts and one of the blushes!
& I wish manish arora wasnt online only! I was under 18 when it came out so I had no credit card to purchase online, I was lucky enough to get 2 things I wanted from that collection but would have loved to get girl about town in that beautiful packaging.
Oh and hollywood nights from heatherette, gladiola from dame edna and cheeky bronze msf - which I passed on when it was released.

I regret buying any of the gresepaint sticks, those twistable cream eyeshadows that came out (totally blanking on the name) I still have one in red velvet that I never use, oh and owning a ton of MES that I dont even use, I loved the glitter and ice collection ones but never really reach for them.

ladymeag

LOL I so know that feeling. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought Morange lipstick!!! I dont think even lip liner helps.
eeksign.gif
I have a VIVA Glam Gaga II that I feel this way about. Just isn't for me. So it sits.

I regret not getting a full tube of Deeply Adored (I have it in a palette and love it.) I regret not getting Prince Noir because I was on a toddler-related makeup hiatus right up until this disappeared. *sigh*

thefbomb

I was just looking at the Dame Edna and regret that I missed out on it it because I want that packaging (love the glasses) and the lipsticks look nice!

xsparrow

I missed out on the Fashion Sets and To The Beach collection from 2010. I still dream about those pretty packaging :\

BreeMakeupGeek

I miss not backing up lipsticks from the Barbie Collection, Playboy Collection, Dame Edna Collection, Heatherette Collection & Petals & Peacock. I would love if MAC repromoted Sashimi Mimi, Stop N Glo & Guavarine Lipsticks. I regret buying any brown tone lipstick from MAC...it looks like someone smeared poops on my lips & L/G's the last thing I need is shimmer/shine to emphasize my full lips, no maam.

pinkpaint

I'm sad I missed the Styleseeker collection. I was still into mostly drugstore makeup and my MAC habit hadn't really started. But those colors are so me. All those oranges and golds and spicy reds. Ugh.

Also, I wish I would have backed up Heaux lipstick. It's gorgeous and I don't wear it as much as I want to because I'm afraid of running out. I can't stand the thought of spending $30+ on a $15 lipstick, though.

mrsdoubtfire33

Have you ever brought anything from MAC and once you used the product you were disappointed? Is so....what was it? so far its Bad Girl Riri lipstick for me! I put on the lipstick and it made my lips look those of an old woman. Color don't fit me at all :(

Edit by Mod: Moved to existing thread.

geeko

Flowering eye quad from Culturebloom donkey yrs ago. That quad had absolutely no color payoff even with a base.

babycheri

Have you ever brought anything from MAC and once you used the product you were disappointed? Is so....what was it? so far its Bad Girl Riri lipstick for me! I put on the lipstick and it made my lips look those of an old woman. Color don't fit me at all :( Edit by Mod: Moved to existing thread.
if you ever want to get rid of it, it's my favorite everyday lipstick ;)

MatteMacLips

I wish I would have bought BU's of Exclusive Event & Superb. I use both of those way too much. I still consider myself a newbie to mac. I'm always more excited for lipstick releases than any other product. I just got into MSF & Eyeshadow, honestly.

mosha010

I got into msfs last year and I so regret it face products are ao much fun. Playing w giving dimension to certain things on your face... I love makeup! My biggest regret: not being able to afford it earlier in life haha

shellygrrl

Staff member
You can still use it; you just have to use a proper eyeshadow primer underneath. (I can't use cream shadows -- which are what paint pots are -- without primer, either.)

v0ltagekid

You can still use it; you just have to use a proper eyeshadow primer underneath. (I can't use cream shadows -- which are what paint pots are -- without primer, either.)
But I wanted it as a base, so many people use it for that :/
also the white paint stick..ugh so annoying..

shellygrrl

Staff member
You can still use it as a base; you just have to put down a proper eyeshadow primer first, to keep the paint pot from creasing. I have oily lids myself; I have to do this.

Latest posts