Will gay marriage lead to the downfall of society?

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
@lapis, damn skippy!

\

I'd buy it
th_DANCE.gif

I laugh at the thought gays will ruin the world, puleeese I know so many church going freaks it's not funny and I include myself in that count too

iadoremac

I think every one is entitled to their own opinion personally i dont think gay marriage is right but i do think that every human being should be loved and allowed to do whatever they want regardless of their age, sex or sexuality

MsChrys79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieHere
How soon do people forget that America is also a Christian nation founded by Christian people on Christian fundamentals...hence the multiple scripture passages in our government buildings and the obvious "One Nation, under God" in our pledge and "In God We Trust" on our currency. Gay marriage goes against that 100%.

If you dont like the Christian principles this country is based on, your free to move to a different country also. We shouldnt have to change our laws for 1% of the population. (the amount who consider themselves "same-sex" couples)

Sure, we're a nation of tolerance...to a certain extent.

I usually try to stay away from these types of post but I felt I had to chime in on this one....
The second paragraph of the above quote is ignorant as all hell.....I'm a chrisitian and although the bible does not agree with it (same sex couples/marriage). I dont have anything against anyone loving and wanting to spend the rest of their life with someone of the same sex as long as it isn't hurting anyone.

this world is so far gone on morals that two people of the same sex loving each other and getting married should be the last thing people make a big deal about. people are kidnapping and raping babies, killing each other, losing their homes, all these things are happening on the regular, and it's "normal", when I turn on the news and see that there isn't any of this going on which is a very rare occasion I'm often shocked. People should be glad that individuals whether gay or straight want to commit to each other in this day and time. people sleep with each other for fun, complete strangers and multiples at that and people are ok with that but not ok with two people regardless of their sexual preference loving each other... girl be for real..... It's 2009 shit in certain states prostitution is legal, gambling, but not free love/marriage. FORNICATION has commercials (trojan, HIV PSA's), nobody has said anything about that....
I could go on and on but I won't.....I just want you to think about what you say before you say it, you never know who you could be offending....

Mabelle

^ THANK YOU
smiles.gif

The problem is, i really don't think she gives a damn who she's offending. People that come to stir the pot usually don't.

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadoremac
I think every one is entitled to their own opinion personally i dont think gay marriage is right but i do think that every human being should be loved and allowed to do whatever they want regardless of their age, sex or sexuality

amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChrys79
I usually try to stay away from these types of post but I felt I had to chime in on this one....
The second paragraph of the above quote is ignorant as all hell.....I'm a chrisitian and although the bible does not agree with it (same sex couples/marriage). I dont have anything against anyone loving and wanting to spend the rest of their life with someone of the same sex as long as it isn't hurting anyone.

this world is so far gone on morals that two people of the same sex loving each other and getting married should be the last thing people make a big deal about. people are kidnapping and raping babies, killing each other, losing their homes, all these things are happening on the regular, and it's "normal", when I turn on the news and see that there isn't any of this going on which is a very rare occasion I'm often shocked. People should be glad that individuals whether gay or straight want to commit to each other in this day and time. people sleep with each other for fun, complete strangers and multiples at that and people are ok with that but not ok with two people regardless of their sexual preference loving each other... girl be for real..... It's 2009 shit in certain states prostitution is legal, gambling, but not free love/marriage. FORNICATION has commercials (trojan, HIV PSA's), nobody has said anything about that....
I could go on and on but I won't.....I just want you to think about what you say before you say it, you never know who you could be offending....

over here in New Zealand, it is legal for homosexual couples to be legally bound, and recognised at the same level legally as married couples (except its called civil union). alot of people opposed it when the law was passed, but it is still going strong.
if someone wants to be with someone they should, if its what they both want, and they make eachother happy. my uncle is gay, and he has a partner and they all come to family gatherings, and they are so happy together.
i am totally for gays to have the same rights as a heterosexual couple, and this has been recognised in my country, which i am proud of. NZ was also the 1st country to give women the vote, back in the day, so i think NZ are not afraid to make a stand on some controverial issues such as this

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
me marrying megan fox will not be the downfall of society. society is already fucked.

get over it.

Unfortunately, Megan and I are already getting married.

We are then gonna marry Zachary Quinto and have Polygamous babies.

darkorchid

Here's what I don't like - I don't like when just because someone has a different opinion they get torn up about it. With the example of Carrie Prejean (is that how you spell it?) I thought that she expressed her feelings with regards to the issue of gay marriage in a fairly sensitive manner for a beauty queen (they are not known for being particularly good with forming coherent sentences). She said in her response that for HER personally she didn't agree with it, and I think that should be respected. She didn't say anything derogatory about same sex marriage or homosexuals, and since the USA holds to its free speech rights so strongly, I think she should be allowed to express her feelings.
I don't know anything about the OP or if there is an agenda, but what does bother me is that whenever someone says they disagree with gay marriage they get torn to shreds as the most terrible person ever. I have no problem with homosexuals - we are all human beings at the end of the day and we should all try and live harmoniously with respect for one another - BUT I think that they should have a different form of 'marriage' if that makes sense.
My feeling is that marriage is an institution, under God, between a man and a woman. It doesn't really make sense to me for it to apply then with that in mind. I definately think they should be recognised as life partners, with all the same legal rights as those individuals that are married. In the end, everyone should have equal rights, but perhaps a different type of union could be introduced for same sex couples, that can be their own and provide them with the same rights as everyone else? I agree with previous posts that how can two people who love each other & want to commit to one another be wrong or be denied, but I don't support 'marriage' as such.

I hope that all made sense and did not cause strong offense to anyone. It is after all, my own little minds musings.

PS on a side note, just to comment of a previous post which criticised the OP and told them that they shouldn't talk about this stuff here on this forum because we mainly/only talk about make up - ummm isn't this the deep thought section in which we DON'T talk about makeup? Food for thought...

iadoremac

I really dont think the person that started this thread started it to be controversial, she just wanted peoples opinion. All i know is that the bible says judge not lest ye be judged. The bible doesnt condone homosexuality the same way it doesnt condone stealing, lying, killing etc so before people point fingers at homosexualsor even murderers i think they need to take a good look at themselves. Too much hypocricy in this world.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
Unfortunately, Megan and I are already getting married.

We are then gonna marry Zachary Quinto and have Polygamous babies.

Zachary Quinto is sooo hot! I watched Star Trek and drooled the entire time.

Mabelle

I really DO think she started this thread to be controversial.
She has made 4 posts since she arrived (the day she started this topic)
2 posts in here, 1 in the Prop 8 topic, 1 in the Miss California Topic.
Actually, she posted those 4 times in that one day and hasn't posted since.

I'm no psychic, but she obviously has an agenda. I don't think we were as resceptive to her ideas as she wanted.
Also, the topic of "whether gay marriage will be the down fall of society" is HIGHLY offensive. anyone that comes in with the purpose of offending and shit slinging should be appropriately ripped a new one.

Personally, i dont think that separate is equal. I think its pretty patronizing. Just my opinion.

SMMY

Here's the conclusion I came to:
A. Thread starter googles Gay marriage or Miss California or some variant there of.
B. Google search turns up Specktra along with probably other forums, message boards and blogs.
C. Thread starter could give a damn about Specktra or MAC, but sees it as an opportunity to "spread the love" that is her particular viewpoint and registers here.
D. Creates thread and stirs up a tiny bit of drama. Stays all of 12 hours, then gets bored and moves on to the next board/blog/whatever.

In short, classic troll, with no real interest in engaging in thoughtful discussion, just lobbing the Internet equivalent of a firebomb into a forum and bailing. We used to ban so many trolls, where I used to mod, for doing this. It does get tedious after awhile.

MsChrys79

th_LMAO.gif
Ain't that the truth.... yesterday I went to a double baby shower for sisters...one is barely 16 and the other is 18? I think...one is due in August the other September.... just gotta love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieR429
Fornication is the best.

hello_my_apple

the only thing i find immoral and unethical is not putting equality first. and besides with all the crap that goes on in this world gay marraige is the last thing on my mind to possiblly be the down fall of society. but i think the hatered and divisiveness spewed in that artical scared me! and im sure that would be a reason for societies downfall.

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle

I'm no psychic, but she obviously has an agenda.

I am psychic and I can confirm this.

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkorchid
Here's what I don't like - I don't like when just because someone has a different opinion they get torn up about it. With the example of Carrie Prejean (is that how you spell it?) I thought that she expressed her feelings with regards to the issue of gay marriage in a fairly sensitive manner for a beauty queen (they are not known for being particularly good with forming coherent sentences). She said in her response that for HER personally she didn't agree with it, and I think that should be respected. She didn't say anything derogatory about same sex marriage or homosexuals, and since the USA holds to its free speech rights so strongly, I think she should be allowed to express her feelings.
I don't know anything about the OP or if there is an agenda, but what does bother me is that whenever someone says they disagree with gay marriage they get torn to shreds as the most terrible person ever. I have no problem with homosexuals - we are all human beings at the end of the day and we should all try and live harmoniously with respect for one another - BUT I think that they should have a different form of 'marriage' if that makes sense.
My feeling is that marriage is an institution, under God, between a man and a woman. It doesn't really make sense to me for it to apply then with that in mind. I definately think they should be recognised as life partners, with all the same legal rights as those individuals that are married. In the end, everyone should have equal rights, but perhaps a different type of union could be introduced for same sex couples, that can be their own and provide them with the same rights as everyone else? I agree with previous posts that how can two people who love each other & want to commit to one another be wrong or be denied, but I don't support 'marriage' as such.

I hope that all made sense and did not cause strong offense to anyone. It is after all, my own little minds musings.

PS on a side note, just to comment of a previous post which criticised the OP and told them that they shouldn't talk about this stuff here on this forum because we mainly/only talk about make up - ummm isn't this the deep thought section in which we DON'T talk about makeup? Food for thought...

To me marriage has nothing to do with God or religion, more so now than ever in this day and age when many people aren't religious at all. But you're saying that homosexuals shouldn't have be able to used the term marriage, do you think other who don't believe in God or those who follow different religions shouldn't be allowed to use the term as well? Using your argument, us "heathens" would be ruining the sacredness of marriage as well, so why should some of use be able to use the term and not others?
Honestly, and this is to everyone not just you darkorchid, if the act of two people getting married is going to ruin your belief in religion, God and marriage then you're looking for an excuse to lose your beliefs.

darkorchid

^^I think that's a little harsh (regarding looking for an excuse to lose beliefs) but I do see your point in what you're saying. I think esp if you consider all the stuff these days with divorce etc, gay marriage is pretty much a non issue.
This thread has definately prompted me to a new perspective.