WOC: Fabulous Felines

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morena.Doll
My List:
- Pet Me
- Utterly Games

Other than those 2 things, this collection bores me.

I can understand that. I'm a lippie girl and the lipsticks and glasses are not doing anything for me. My list stands at Palace Pedigreed and Leopard Luxe quads. Aristo-Cat lipstick is a maybe.

berryjuicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony
I'm only interested in the Short Handle Brushes so far

ditto

Possibly the leopard luxe quad, but Lord knows I do not need anymore eyeshadows.

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturner0516
Yawn....(like an old tired cat)

th_LMAO.gif

I looked at Zoffe's makeup swatches and what is everyone's opinion on Utterly game? I'm dying to get Ripe Peach ombre and for those who have it would you say utterly game is a close enough substitute?

Ashleybubbles83

i've decided palace pedigreed will probably have to wait, but i'll be getting the two other quads, utterly game and the soft meow blushes, and lap of luxury, schemer, wildly refined, and fancy cat lipglasses.

Notorious19

After seeing Temptalia's swatches and review, I think I'm passing on this collection and saving up for UD BOS III.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I guess I was only really interested in the eye liners and maybe a few of the pigments I don't already own. Temptalia's swatches looked streaky and thin, so I am on the fence about those now. I'm happy that it looks like I wont be getting much from this collection. When I see those quads, "unappetizing" is the word that comes to mind.

sss215

I saw the collection today, and I was impressed by a few things. So here it goes! I will put my swatches up in a few.

The eyeliners are beautiful. Good thing they are sticking around because there is no way I could all haul the ones I want during the collections run. The grey one is a fresh and clean grey. No other tones in it. I think I will haul that one first because I don't have anything like it wet or dry. The purple one is beautiful as well. They are very longwearing and did not take that much time to dry at all. I did get a skinny line swatch with them with no problem. You can kind of wipe it off on the edge of the container before you apply it and build up your color that way. Very nice MAC!

Leopard Luxe Quad: I really love it more in person, Wild by Nature is a true camel color. Notoriety, became a favorite because for the first time, I saw the pretty red-orange flecks in it. I could rock this with Red Brick, with no problem. It looks like a grey brown to me,. I can also pair it with Cut to Fit, or Antiqued.
Style Prediator was compared to Straw Harvest and I see that, but it seems a little deeper and more yellow than SH. SH looks more orange to me also. Furiously Fabulous is a beautiful, dark brown the reflective qualities from the veluxe pearl finish, really gives it the umpf it needs. When I think of Veluxe Pearls, I never think of anything on the dark side. Most of the popular ones are light. This one is different because it is dark. I keep saying how much I love this quad, but one thing I want to note, I feel like its going to be a challenge to use these colors together. They seem like they will work better alone or with other colors I have already. The idea may have been to copy an ocelot, but I don't know. I know the point of a quad is to merge them together, but this quad has too many standouts. When I get my quad, I will have to see!

I only pulled Burmese Beauty for the color Burmese Beauty. Its Club, but with more green. If you like this color, you can dupe it... I usually make Club more green with Freshwater; or if you have Club, and are getting Antique Green, mix them and you will probably get the Burmese Beauty e/s. Two colors in the Palace Pedigree quad are really Nehru and Sketch. The color Quite Spoiled is the one that is different, but not really worth the whole quad if you have the other two.

I was excited to see the Bloodline pigment, but on me it swatched more grey, almost gunmetal than brown. I'll pass.

On to the lipsticks and glosses that I liked. My favorite was Cunning. Its a deep purple with red flecks in it. Its NOT really frosty and goes on smooth (maybe, the glitter makes them call it a frost). I had no problems with it, and I am getting 2. I have been waiting for a while for MAC to do something like this for a while. Kittenish is a little lighter than Cunning. Drive Me Wild is frosty, and swatched on my hand, it reminds me of the Melon pigment. of course its going to be darker/different on alot of people, but that is how it shows up on me. The Prowl is a beautiful brown. Its not a flat dull brown as there are flecks of red-orange in there. Very WOC friendly, so I am getting 2, also. Lap of Luxury was my favorite gloss. Its more purple than anything on me. Very Pretty. Fancy Cat is an interesting brown. It does look like Chai, but more intense, and darker. Its a straight up cool color. It really looks like it should be an eye color.

Jealous and Best of Breed
are the green and the blue ones. Great lip glosses to layer with. I like Best of Breed best, but I don't feel like either of them are have to haves right away.

The blushes, lol. I did not even take a gander. They are are light and uninteresting and dupeable. This is strictly an eyes and lips collection. In my opinion, they could have just did away with the blushes and focused on pushing some of their existing blushes. I am sure most of us already have blush dupes...

Overall, I liked alot of what I was looking for, mostly items I would consider staples in my collection. Those go toos that I don't have to fuss over when I don't feel like getting made up. Or those colors that I can pull out and jazz up.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious19
After seeing Temptalia's swatches and review, I think I'm passing on this collection and saving up for UD BOS III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I guess I was only really interested in the eye liners and maybe a few of the pigments I don't already own. Temptalia's swatches looked streaky and thin, so I am on the fence about those now. I'm happy that it looks like I wont be getting much from this collection. When I see those quads, "unappetizing" is the word that comes to mind.

You have to see it yourself, cause what I saw without a doubt had pretty good payoff. I even tried a few colors on my lips.
I was concerned when she said the payoff wasn't great, cause I was expecting the opposite. When I saw the line today, I was glad everything was bold, like i hoped. my swatches will be up soon.

TheTeenageMuse

Thanks for the review sss215!

I always lurk Temptalia and these discussions to create my lists and then when I go into MAC to see it for myself I just end up tossing the list. What a pain. I hate waiting!

sapnap

after seeing swatches, i am definitely a bit more interested that I was before. The LIthe and Bloodline pigments look interesting (these may be my first pigments), drive me wild/refined lip thingys... maybe cunning l/s if its pigmented enuf.. and the eyeliners... o the eyeliners!! I was an all out Liquid eyeliner girl before switching to gel.. so these are a MUST have for me.. the gold, the green and maybe the blue one..The blushes look good too but I must swatch them first (the texture looks divine)

trulynicole

I am most likely going to pass on this one. Saving for VV and TT
smiles.gif

I really wanted Drive Me Wild but people are saying that it is frosty. Is that true?

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulynicole
I am most likely going to pass on this one. Saving for VV and TT
smiles.gif

I really wanted Drive Me Wild but people are saying that it is frosty. Is that true?

it is frosty. Its a very pretty color. Check it out in the store if you can.

spectrolite

I only ended up ordering 2 things, Pet Me Blush and Bloodline Pigment. I feel like I have taken a step in a positive direction and didn't go wayyyyyy overboard like I normally do... I'm saving that for Venemous Villains.
winks.gif

Sass

Anybody know if any of the blushes shows up on NW45, NC45 and NC50 without having to dig for gold??? I'm on the website ordering...taking major chances here. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts