WOC: Fabulous Felines

Ashleybubbles83

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I went back and got another Superslick Liquid Liner. Pure Snow is absolutely stunning!!! I swatched it and the MA that went to grab it for me grabbed the last one for himself. He said he'd been with the company for 11 yrs (he's the store manager) and it takes a lot to impress him at this point. He agreed with me that the liquid liners are awesome!

I agree! I bought 3 of them, and now I want the other 6!!!

bluebird08

I thought I would like at least one of the quads but I didn't. The e/s looked ashy and they lacked pigmentation. I only picked up 2 l/g (Wildly Refined and Docile)...

MAChostage

I B2M for Kittenish and The Prowl l/s. Bought Lap of Luxury l/g. I figured that the liners are perm so I can wait. I've got tons of liners already. But the new ones are really pretty (and stubborn about coming off).

bobbiedoll03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie
Ladies, I am a NW45. I only swatched the blushes on the back of my hand but that was more than enough for me to say no way. They looked ashy on my hand and I just didn't think they would work for me.

agreed. i am Nc50 and i swatched them all and they looked light or ashy on me on as well.

Face2Mac

The blushes swatch ashy on me too, but so does Nars Gina, Gilda and Dolce Vita but once I apply them to my skin, they are not ashy at all and the same applies with Uttery Game and Pet Me. They are dusty to me unlike any other MB's I've seen but they are basics just very light pink and very peach, So I don't think they are must-have because they are too basic unless you are just starting to get into makeup.

Not saying they aren't pretty but once I have had a day to think about it, I am thinking they are going back, I would rather pay for Nars, than these.

L281173

I checked out the Fabulous Felines collection this past Friday and I was not the least bit impressed. I will pass

lilMAClady

I worked our event yesterday and the collection is nice, but a yawn. The look I had to wear was from Palace Pedigreed. The blush is pretty. It showed up on me fine (NC45) and the quad was nice as well. I used the liners, and they stayed on beautifully, but taking them off was awful. It formed sticky balls when I tried to take it off. Not loving it. But if messy removal is something you can deal with along with the small quantity you get by all means check these out. The colors really are pretty and WOC the bright silver one can be oh so awesome on us! Nice collection but I'd recommend checking it out before you buy since it is rather dupeable and passable.

My personal recs for WOC:
Mauvement Pigment
Burmese Beauty Quad
Antique Green Pigment
Treat Me Nice SuperSlick Liner
Drive Me Wild Lipstick
Aristo-Cat Lipstick
Kittenish Lipstick

La Dolce Diva

Do not sleep on the lip colors!!!!!!! I'm getting Docile, which is VERY close to Icecape (Lovelace and some other past collection); it's a hair darker, but has the sheer, iridescent quality that I love. Icecape is my fave lip glass of all time, so I like being able to throw Docile in the mix.

If you're a pink lover, Of Royalty ls is CRACK! It's like Snob and Viva Glam GAGA had a baby. The texture is to die for!!!! Surprisingly, I also love Liquid Lurex (not a glitter fan AT ALL) and ppl always ask me what I have on when I wear it w Hodgepodge.

Blushes- LOVE UTTERLY GAME!!! I'm an NC45/NW43, so it looks warm and just amazingly yummy.

Shadows? Eh...they're aight....

~~~~~
9/2 Update: Of Royalty + Cork lip liner + Viva Glam Gaga Lipglass = AMAZINGNESS
I got so many compliments on this today. Kinda scary in the tube, but nice on the face, especially with a neutral eye and soft pink cheeks!
smiles.gif

sss215

I am wearing a fab felines look today. style predator on the lid, furiously fabulous on the outer lid and in the crease. peach twist ,i passed on the blushes; but this works on the cheeks. Cunning on the lips. i love it. very simple and it comes together really nicely.

Then later, I went back to play with Style Predator a bit. Although pretty, It does not come up on my lids as the beautiful light pumpkin that i have seen swatched on the lighter NCs and NWs. Instead, it runs a bit golden yellow. Straw Harvest and Off the Page run like that on me as well. So having been faced with this dilemma before, I went back and put Red Brick over Style Prediator and re-blended, then I added a little more SP on top, and blended again. It worked! I got that light shimmery pumpkin shade I have been seeing swatched, with a little golden yellow highlight. Rule and MUFE #48 my other HG oranges should work in the same mix as well. I will try those next time. So WOC, if Style Predator is not quite hitting it, give this a try
smiles.gif

Ashleybubbles83

i have utterly game and the soft meow blushes. and i'm not feeling em. i have to try them in a look but i'm pretty sure i'll be selling these off.

and is it me or is the new formula for mineralize shadows and blushes making things come up ashy on WOC? i bought a lot of shadows from ITG and they just don't do it for me, and I love Love LOVE MAC mineralize stuff, but the new stuff is just eh...

Kaycee37

Went to the Mac store today excited to purchase and check out the new products....
Liners are killer......but perm so no real urgency
Eye shadow quads...very average and dupable!
Lipsticks/Lipglass-dupable and not really special..
Blush.....eh!
Pigments...beautiful but perm

Ended up purchasing very little because everything i want is perm...

urbanD0LL

the pigments are perm ?! i don't think so ...
but i really like Mauvement and Bloodline, i might pick these up later on this week .
i only picked up Docile lipglass today.
and they can't be serious with these ashy !@#$ looking blushes , wth ...
shockt.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Despite the size of this collection, very few of the items interest me.
th_dunno.gif

*high five*
I'm totally with you dude.
This collection should be named neutral-null-notta-nothing special-not worth-nah collection. lol

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanD0LL
shockt.gif

HUGE LOL
Maybe they're symbolic for the ash and dirt cats roll in to get clean sometimes, lol.
lol.gif

Notorious19

Did anyone get the Palace Pedigreed Quad? I saw a WOC tutorial on Youtube using it and now I'm kinda tempted. When I swatched at the counter, two of the pink shades looked really similar on my hand though...hmm.

misha5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanD0LL
the pigments are perm ?! i don't think so ...
but i really like Mauvement and Bloodline, i might pick these up later on this week .
i only picked up Docile lipglass today.
shockt.gif

I just looked at this collection today and all I really want is Mauvement and Lithe. Lithe is super pretty in person!! A great neutral golden color.

The blushes were an ashy chalky mess so I passed.
The quads were ok but looked very dupable.
The lipsticks and lipglasses were ok but I really liked Drive Me Wild and Powerful and the lipglasses Wildly Refined and Spree.
I didn't get a chance to swatch the eyeliners but since they're perm, I'll get to them later.
yes.gif

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious19
Did anyone get the Palace Pedigreed Quad? I saw a WOC tutorial on Youtube using it and now I'm kinda tempted. When I swatched at the counter, two of the pink shades looked really similar on my hand though...hmm.

Was the tutorial by Songbirddiva4life? If so, I saw that tutorial and it looked fabulous on her. Your skin tone looks similar to hers too. I was tempted to run out and get it myself but I know I don't need it.

shontay07108

Has anyone NC45 or 50 tried Liquid Lurex+Jealous? I'm curious about the combo. I want to try it, but I don't want to have to return it if it doesn't work out.

Ingenue

Got my quad this week and wore it yesterday. I'm done with MAC eyeshadows. Seriously. The color payoff is booooooooooooooooolshyte!!!!
angry.gif

I put a MUFE (bronze) Aqua Cream up under it to make it pop, and that worked very well. The colors are gorgeous in the pan, but sheer and chalky when used alone. Without a base, it's a waste of time.

The pigments are the only things that really worked for me from this collection... save for Bloodline. That's just ugly to me... so I passed. Antique Green looks... common. Passed on that too. But I did get Lithe (perfect), Mauvement, Old Gold (because I didn't have it) and Gold Stroke.

I have the Cunning and Kittenish lipsticks. Pass on the rest.

Venomous Villans came out in the Pro Store today, but I'm gonna miss it.
ssad.gif
I'm not going to be able to get there before the good stuff goes. I'll have to wait for it online.

Sass

That's why I didn't get any eyeshadows. ^^^

I didn't like Bloodline either. It doesn't show it's color in my crease. Just looks dark. MA put it on me, I didn't like it. But I bought Lithe and I love it...it doesn't look like anything in the Naked palette like I thought so that's a good thing.

I like the liners though. Going back to get the blue and black one this weekend. I only got Kittenish and it's easy to put on. I left Cunning because it looks and goes on like Kittenish on me.

Anyway, I give this collection a B- and it didn't get a C+ because of the liners.

Latest posts