WOC: MAC Pret-A-Papier

Copperhead

So i only ended up getting the Coral Crepe Paint Pot and Birds & Berries e/s from the Liberty of London collection. Been wanting that B&B since it came out.

Nepenthe

I picked up the paint pot, and while everything else was pretty.. I feel like I can dupe most of it. I absolutely LOVE coral lips, but there wasn't anything 'uniquely' coral, so I passed..

..which lead me to pick up a few other things, but that's another post. LOL

colorluvv

Initially, I was only planning on getting tissue weight e/s and pret-a-papier l/g. Tissue weight was more of a frosty pink on me (I wanted a peachy highlight), so I passed on that. I ended up getting the pret-a-papier l/g, cut-to-fit e/s, gazette grey e/s (but thinking of returning because I have similar e/s from the notoriety quad), coral p/p, and thanks to swatches---made to order l/s and instant chic blush.

lexielex

I picked up:
Made to Order lippie
Fold&tuck Lipglass
Light Over Dark blush

I just seen a look with paintpot I am going back to get it.

Ange1

Any WOC swatches of the Chromaline pencils? I'm nw43/NC47 and I'm wondering which one wont be too yellow for me.

Luiza_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiedoll03
what are your thoughts? What does your list look like? what did you buy?

I didn't plan on getting anything, but I changed my mind once I saw the products at the store. I ended up buying one Instant Chic blush and two Made to Order lipsticks. I loved the lipstick colour so much I had to go back and get a backup one.

shontay07108

Here's the darker Chromaline Pencil (love it)

s640x480

Pret-A-Papier gloss

s640x480

Chromaline, Kraft and Pret-A-Papier swatch

s640x480

I love this collection. It's right there with Spring Forecast for me. It's much more impressive in person even though, I already knew I loved it before I got my hands on it. In the pics I'm also wearing the Coral Crepe paint pot.

My favorite items are Made to Order lipstick (got a backup of that!) Instant Chic blush.

Notorious19

Ended up returning my Zinc Zone Greasepaint stick and picked up the paint pot and Fold and Tuck lipglass. I'm waiting for my best friend to come in town with my birthday gift (which is a gift card to Macys) so I can go pick up some more stuff!

Regality101

I purchased.. Instant Chic Blush (will be returning. The color is very powdery on me NC50)
Coral Crepe
Light over dark

NubianHoneii

So all I ended up with was Coral Crepe p/p which was great for my wallet I guess. Gazette Grey has soo much potential if it wasn't so darn sheer. Glad I saved my money since mac is on collection overload lately.

*ps, Try Coral Crepe under Expensive Pink e/s .. it makes a really pretty bronze-pink color, you'll get more bronze out of EP then if you wore it alone. I was thinking I would get more pink but i was shocked and thrilled at how pretty the color was.

Purplegloss9

Wow! I'm seriously shocked no one has picked up Kraft l/s its amplified and absolutely gorgeous...thats the only thing I'm really loving from this collection..the rest can go back for return for all I care....you all must give it a try....its great on WOC lips trust me.....tell me what you think....!

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplegloss9
Wow! I'm seriously shocked no one has picked up Kraft l/s its amplified and absolutely gorgeous...thats the only thing I'm really loving from this collection..the rest can go back for return for all I care....you all must give it a try....its great on WOC lips trust me.....tell me what you think....!

I bought Kraft. I took a pic of me wearing it and I think it's either here or in the general Pret-A-Papier thread. I like it, but not as much as Maid to Order. It's a more wearable version of that crappy Warm Me Up lipstick from Warm and Cozy.

Missjailor

Hello Ladies,

Finally my list for this collection ends up with 2 items:
- Coral Crepe paint pot definitely

I was wondering if you guys, could tell me if it's worthy to get Light over Dark if I already have Format...

she

wondering if there is a blush boycott for WOC? when i finally checked the collection out last night the mua told me to ignore the blushes.

Missjailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by she
wondering if there is a blush boycott for WOC? when i finally checked the collection out last night the mua told me to ignore the blushes.

All the blushes? or just the regular ones?

she

went in and picked up:
*coral crepe pp
*cut to fit e/s
*chromographic pencil

i wasn't "over-wowed" by the collection as a whole but i thought those were solid pieces. using the chromo pencil as a brow lighter and paired with powersurge for my waterline.

she

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjailor
All the blushes? or just the regular ones?

she picked up the mineralize one as a prime example. i've worked with her picking out blushes b/f so maybe its personal but i noticed some others have mentioned this as well. when i went in today the other mua didn't recommend any of them for me either.
th_dunno.gif

misha5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by she

I don't think that there's a "boycott" but I just think that the MUA didn't suggest any of the blushes because they're really light and can come off chalky looking on WOC and that wouldn't be a good look.
nope.gif
I was interested in getting a blush but seeing swatches on here kinda changed my mind on them. They look too sheer and too much of a hassle. Im gonna wait and see what the blushes from the next collection looks like.

I going to see this collection on Monday and hopefully they'll still have some of the items I've been lemming in stock. If not, then I'll just order them online. I just really want Coral Crepe, Cut to Fit, Fold & Tuck, Made to Order and Pret a Papier.