Originally Posted by seymone25
I picked up:

- Archetype L/S
- Made to Order L/S
- Gazette Grey E/S
- Cut to Fit E/S
- Fold And Tuck L/G
- Coral Crepe P/P

Can you do a look with Made to Order I would love to see it on NW45/47 and darker skin. I forgot to try it last time I was at the store

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
All,

Why is the coral p/p so hot?

I luv p/p's and have Indian Wood, Rubenesque, Painterly and a bunch others.

Do I really need the new one?

I'm C7 - NC45 for reference.

Thanks.

Nat

Here is my take on it:

Its pretty enough to wear alone or with another shadow color. I am going to put some on my lids on hot days when all I wear is concealer and bronzer.

Its not as shimmery as Rubenesque and Indian Wood. Its more matte with a tiny hint of sheen to it. Its not flat like Painterly.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by she
wondering if there is a blush boycott for WOC? when i finally checked the collection out last night the mua told me to ignore the blushes.

The regular blushes really do not work on darker skin. They are just pasty/ashen. I just like the way my pro color blush, Burnt Pepper works with the collection.

Light over Dark is a great summer blush and has some potential as a highlight/eyeshadow. I use it with my MUFE HD #11 brush. It looks great! The woman who works at the CCO I go to told me Light over Dark was a good one for darker skins months ago. I got mine there. She was right.

Fiberluver

I purchased Light Over Dark last year at a CCO and wore it maybe once or twice. I gave it to my sister last week. Just not impressed with it. Also not feeling Hot Planet.

I do love Intenso though! It has become one of my absolute favorites.

Nat

electra

I really like this collection...I prefer corals to pinks anyway (not simply because of my tone, but it's so fun and kind of underrated.)

The only thing I thought to pick up was a lipstick: Made to Order. I liked Dressmaker Dressmaker, but I think it's too light.

I really love this color, but I'm a bit upset that once this is gone I won't be able to get it again. Does anyone know of a lipstick that is as close as it gets to Made to Order? Seriously, it's like the best shade of peachy salmon coral and isn't too orange/bright for me.

I only own this and Modesty so I don't have anything else to compare it with. From what I've seen of other swatches, Vegas Volt looks close (but also quite bright.)

Anyway, if anyone finds a dupe or a non-limited MAC color that is close to this I'll appreciate it if you let me know.

LOVE THIS COLLECTION.

EDIT

Nevermind. I think See Sheer will work out alright as a non LE substitute.
mac_lipstick.gif

shy_makeup_girl

The only thing I got from this collection was Fold and Tuck lipglass.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is completely and truly opaque on my VERY pigmented lips (i cant get anything to show up properly
ssad.gif
)

I wish i got a backup, but I got the last one at my counter D:

enjoy all of your purchases, ladies!

Luiza_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy_makeup_girl
I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is completely and truly opaque on my VERY pigmented lips (i cant get anything to show up properly
ssad.gif
)

You can still purchase from the website: M·A·C Cosmetics | Tinted Lipglass

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy_makeup_girl
ssad.gif
)

Really? I have very pigmented lips too. I think I shall pick this one up on payday this week.

rmcandlelight

I picked up both nail polishes from this collection. You can see pictures of both of them on my blog at nailsbeautiqued.blogspot.com