WOC: MAC Pret-A-Papier

Twinkle_Twinkle

Picked up Coral Crepe PP, Gazette Grey, and Light Over Dark today. Also picked up Prepped For Glamour e/s (from Prep For Colour). I don't know, but I am really into neutrals these days, and the shadow is great for a "don't have time to think too much about it" look days. It's also less frosty and obvious as well as darker than Satin Taupe if anyone was wondering. Very basic yet original.

Anywho... Cut To Fit was also nice, but on me it just swatched as a less intense Antiqued. And the MUA who was actually wearing CTF today put Coppering on top to make it "pop" because she felt it needed oomph, which is saying something, so I passed. I don't need a watered down version of another shade a this point in the game. GG was such a pleasant surprise. I knew I wanted it, but I didn't expect it to be as smooth and pigmented as it was. Even thought I didn't walk away with a lot, I like the look and color scheme of the collection. I just feel as though I can use a lot of what I already have to recreate it.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjailor
Hello Ladies,

Finally my list for this collection ends up with 2 items:
- Coral Crepe paint pot definitely

I was wondering if you guys, could tell me if it's worthy to get Light over Dark if I already have Format...

I picked up Light Over Dark, but mainly because I just love blushes, but when I swatched it Format didn't even come to mind. I wouldn't have even thought about the two being similar if I hadn't read this but I just swatched them and Format is deeper and more bronze/orange while LOD has more gold and the MB finish makes it more shimmery/metallic while Format has a more subtle finish, but more deeper/darker color. Hope that makes sense. Basically, they are def. in the same color family and similar, but the effect of LOD is way more noticeable than Format. So if you are really a blush fan, then yes, but if not, then no. HTH.

nonchalantbeaut

I wasn't really interested in this collection till I started reading this thread. It made me want a coral lipstick really badly, but my budget smaller than I'd like and I wasn't fully convienced by the watches of Dressmaker, Dressmaker or Made to Order that these lipsticks would be what I want. So while at CVS and Walgreens, I spotted that Revlon has a new coral lip gloss (coral reef) and a coral lipstick (kiss me coral). Being the makeup snob that I am (as my husband so graciously pointed out), I was reluctant to buy them but it was cheaper (at Target) to buy those two than just the MAC lipstick so I caved casue I really want a coral lip combo. I'm so happy I did, it is beautiful. So if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to MAC corals this may be for you, although I have to say that I have not personal seen Made to Order in person so I don't know how they really compare. I just know that the revlon lipstick is much more pigmented that Mac luster fomula usually is. The lip gloss is comparable to Mac lycee luxe but with no shimmer and more pink than orange. Hope this helps someone on a budget out and sorry for my long windedness(?).

I'm NW 45/47, MUFE mat vel #80 for reference.

Nepenthe

Coral Crepe works awesome as a base for blush. I used it under Light Over Dark.. whereas I never used it much before (got mine from the Grand Duos launch), it's quite pretty.

I may go back for another paint pot.. because of this.
nonono.gif

cutemiauw

I picked up Coral Crepe p/p and Made To Order l/s from this collection.

Coral Crepe is really pretty.. the color is definitely not that intense on my skintone. It's just... pretty. The color as a blush is also very pretty. It's just a bit dry so I have to blend it in fast.

I rarely find lipstick that I like. I usually go with glosses instead, which works very well with my pigmented lips. MTO is the first l/s I found that brightens up my complexion. I think I looked fresher when I had this on
yes.gif

sss215

I got light over dark, cut to fit, gazette grey and coral crepep paint pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyindamola87
can someone pls explain why everyone wants the coral p/p thx

MAC has finally put out a new paint pot! its so pretty under corals, bronzes, pinks, and pruples. It gives a fresh look to many eye colors.

Film_Noir

I swatched the Coral P/P with tissue weight e/s over it in the store. It was pretty but, not enough for me to purchase. Don't think I'd use it often.

QueenOfSnark

Forgive me if this was mentioned already, but is the coral crepe p/p limited edition? I wasn't interested in it before (though I LOVE the Pret-a-papier l/g!), but with everyone raving about it I may have to go pick one up.

DigitalRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfSnark
Forgive me if this was mentioned already, but is the coral crepe p/p limited edition? I wasn't interested in it before (though I LOVE the Pret-a-papier l/g!), but with everyone raving about it I may have to go pick one up.

Its LE.

nonchalantbeaut

I finally went and viewed this collection in person and I have to say the swatches and raves were far better than what I actually saw. Made to Order lipstick was too sheer for me. It looked exactly like the Revlon lip gloss I just bought in coral reef except I think the gloss looks better on me. I did buy the paint pot after all the raves and have been disappointed in the color playoff. It is a dull coral at best and really does nothing as a base for me. When I put it on it just disapears into my skin. I'm going to try it out again but I think it's going back. I also bought the darker chormagraphic pencil and it looked weird when I used it on my waterline. I tried toning it down with a dark brown shadow as a liner on my lower lash line. Don't know if it really does anything for me but will play with it some more. I think what I really want is the darker one that is coming out the pro line later this month.

lexielex

I'm really loving Made to Order, But I was very underwhelmed by Light Over Dark but its pretty to look at..

nonchalantbeaut

I have to back pedal and say that I went back to mac to return the chromamgraphic pencils because it dosen't last long, and when I did I ended up getting Made to Order and Fold & Tuck. The makeup snob in me wouldn't let me sleep until I had the real things and took the Revlon back. After much thought I do perfer the sheerness of the mac color to the revlon one I had purshased. However, the Revlon colors are very good dupes. And I got the paint pot to work!!!!
yahoo.gif
It works better without a primer underneth it and if it is applied with a brush. I also put shadow over it to seal in it in place. I'm happy about that cause I was starting to hate paint pots and now I can skip a step when doing my makeup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonchalantbeaut
I finally went and viewed this collection in person and I have to say the swatches and raves were far better than what I actually saw. Made to Order lipstick was too sheer for me. It looked exactly like the Revlon lip gloss I just bought in coral reef except I think the gloss looks better on me. I did buy the paint pot after all the raves and have been disappointed in the color playoff. It is a dull coral at best and really does nothing as a base for me. When I put it on it just disapears into my skin. I'm going to try it out again but I think it's going back. I also bought the darker chormagraphic pencil and it looked weird when I used it on my waterline. I tried toning it down with a dark brown shadow as a liner on my lower lash line. Don't know if it really does anything for me but will play with it some more. I think what I really want is the darker one that is coming out the pro line later this month.

VAQTPIE

I picked up Light over Dark late last year at my CCO. I tried it a few times since then and liked it, but didn't love it. However, I've been wearing this blush almost everyday for the past week or so and it has become a favorite! It's the perfect everyday blush for work.

misha5150

I picked up Made to Order, Fold & Tuck, Gazette Grey and Coral Crepe. I love them all!! I am tempted to go back and get Light Over Dark though and maybe Pret-A-Papier l/g. I'm trying to hold out until the To the Beach collection comes out. I really want to see what Funbathing (Mid-Tone Bronzed Plum - CremeSheen) looks like. Speaking of which, I bet Pret-A-Papier would look HAWT over it! Hmm....yep gonna go get that tomorrow!! LOL

misha5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonchalantbeaut
The makeup snob in me wouldn't let me sleep until I had the real things and took the Revlon back.

Girl, I would've done the same thing!!
th_roll1.gif

Fiberluver

All,

Why is the coral p/p so hot?

I luv p/p's and have Indian Wood, Rubenesque, Painterly and a bunch others.

Do I really need the new one?

I'm C7 - NC45 for reference.

Thanks.

Nat

nunu

^If you love Corals then get it. It is hot because MAC didn't come out with a new paintpot since Fafi (2008).

Fiberluver

Well I dragged my sick self over to Nordstrom's and picked up the Coral Crepe p/p. The MUA @ the MAC counter said they were selling like hotcakes. I tested it and boy is it gorgeous!!!

nunu, thanks for the input!

Nat