WOC: Sugarsweet

l1onqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi03
As for the picture i'm in agreement with ya'll on this one, lately it seems as if MAC doesn't really care anymore, I personally did not like the BBR promo photos either. That black girl looked terrible.

Anyways i don't want squat from this collection, its just that MAC is throwing stuff out there two to three times a month! Why?

I thought that too, but just thought it was a bad photo. Is that the same model? They need to get rid of her, if so!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Personally, I am embarrassed for the model and there is something about the picture that has an erie Aunt Jemima slave-esque quality. Perhaps that is just me though.

My bff who is white said the same thing...she was trying to say it to me without saying it ... she kept saying that picture is just not right and her expression is how I feel about the whole look....and I said she looks like a like a glorified House slave and she said Yes....that is what I was thinking but did not want to say it.

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
My bff who is white said the same thing...she was trying to say it to me without saying it ... she kept saying that picture is just not right and her expression is how I feel about the whole look....and I said she looks like a like a glorified House slave and she said Yes....that is what I was thinking but did not want to say it.

I agree with you and Twinkle. I don't know...maybe the MAC artists thought they could do some Top Model extreme makeup or sumthin'...but they get a big FAIL for this one.

I too think that this collection would look a whole lot better if the promo pic didn't look like that. I wasn't offended personally,(I just think its an ugly picture)....I also try not to be offended too easily....but I can understand why others would be offended.

To be honest, the only thing that looks promising 2 me are the MSFs.

TISH1124

^^ Yeah I wasn't offended either ...I just thought WTF were they thinking...and felt sorry for the model to be honest

Curly1908

ohsoshy

So far I want all the shadesticks (never used them before) and one of the MSFs. And yes that pic is horrid
ssad.gif

Macnarsandlove

The pic to me isnt offensive, but alienating. I strive to never look like that when I use makeup. I dont have the urge to get that lipstick or anything else really. Bottom line MAC is fuck!ng up, again!

And the repromotes in the collections are blah. I have seen all of them at the CCO in my area for the longest.

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith130
The pic to me isnt offensive, but alienating. I strive to never look like that when I use makeup. I dont have the urge to get that lipstick or anything else really. Bottom line MAC is fuck!ng up, again!

yup, seriously if I go to the counter and see that promo pic, it's going to turn me off!!

As for buying, maybe 1 msf and st germain, that's it

l1onqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Thanks now I am offended
ssad.gif
I remember reading that story when I was in school...hummmm

Oh no! That was not my intent, sorry. But when I look at the picture and the cover of this book-they are WAY too close! Sambos' green umbrella looks like the models hair, the lips are exactly the same, and both have on a pink(ish) blazer...the similarities are sad. I think I will avoid this topic before I start thinking bad things about MAC.
th_dunno.gif
nope.gif

kyoto

That promo pic is shameful. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. If the intent of the promo is to draw customers, its not working. I love the collection, but if all I had seen was the promo pic, I wouldn't have even looked at it.

Ladyvirtuous

Yes, the only thing that stood out to me in the MAC promo pic, were the pink lips. That did remind me of the minstrel shows. I wouldn't have minded the eyeshadow for some reason.

You know what though, it would only be offensive to "us", but for others (only the ones who don't understand)...the pic most likely won't affect them one bit. They won't see what the "big deal" is. That's just my opinion.

But in a good light, these future collections will help me save a lot of money. Maybe it's a good thing that MAC is not doing it with these collections?

kyoto

LuvinMyMac, that picture of your puppy has to be the most adorable picture I've seen. Soooo cute!

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
Ladyvirtuous, what e/s did you use in your avatar pic?

Velvet Moss on lid, Henna in crease and Stila's Oasis as brow highlight!
smiles.gif

NewlyMACd

Yeah I try not to let anything offend me. I think it's just bad taste and very tacky. Maybe since MAC is know for their extremes and because it's makeup they think it would be acceptable taste. I mean what is that housecoat thing doing? We could tear that photo up from top to bottom. NOTHING is appeasing about that photo. Like the pp said, it's not a WOC friendly collection so why chose one.

Anyway, I think I want all the shadesticks as I have none at all. The 2 LE e/s and lollipop loving l/s. I have question marks next to the l/g's. I forgot that it's coming out in March. I have time to keep changing my mind