WOC: Sugarsweet

TISH1124

^^ You're not weird...you can like what you like....It's called preference! I still adore you!

MissResha

the look on the models face reads:

"Why the f*ck did I let them do this to me? This is some bullshit..."

TISH1124

^^^^^
th_LMAO.gif
yes.gif
th_LMAO.gif

Looks she is saying....
What'n None of this BS in my contract...hell nahhh I am not smilling nor lookin' at no damn camera..I'm just gone stand the f' here...

Lip_gloss_whore

Maybe if MAC gets enough complaints they will get rid of this promo image. I think it's hideous.....
thmbdn.gif
BUT, I will probably get a few shadesticks because I don't own any, and also a MSF because I really love them and I'm still building my MSF collection..... The lipgloss YUCK!!! LOL
thmbdn.gif

TISH1124

^^ Unless she perhaps is auditioning for the Scene In the Color Purple...When Mistah said...You showzzz izzz Ugly!!! She would win the part hands down!

belle89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ Unless she perhaps is auditioning for the Scene In the Color Purple...When Mistah said...You showzzz izzz Ugly!!! She would win the part hands down!

You. Corner. NOW!

I'm not feeling this collection one bit.

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127

LMFAO!!

edit** dammit i didnt know it was gonna post the video! grrr but anyway. hahaha

captodometer

The promo picture is hideous; some of y'all were talking about The Color Purple. I'm thinking more like Bamboozled. But non WOC models occasionally get thrown under the bus by MAC also: anybody else remember the Balloonacy chick?

As for the makeup itself: it's pastel. Which in my case just means run away screaming. I don't want anything from this collection.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLoveW630
I think the promo is fitting for the colleciton....MAC is not about trying to make fun of wowen of color..She's a CUPCAKE..the green wig is the frost on the cupcake and the rest of her look is the cupcake...that's why it's called Sugarsweet..I think if this look was done on a white model, there would not have been any talk..I think her black skin is flawless and lovely..Look beyond what you see and take in the beauty of our color.

Yeah, I hear you and all, but it still doesn't take away from what may honestly be an unintentional underlying message/image. It really triggers a visceral response... we're not imagining what we're seeing.

Ebonyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
Man i was a bit disturbed about the promo pic for this collection!!! there are so many underlying images in the pic its hard to see something positive. i think i might pass on this collection

I'm with you. I don't anything in the collection is so cute that it would allow me support that pic.

crystrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
^Yeah, I don't imagine she could use this in her portfolio.
ssad.gif

She was saying, "I don't care what they do, I'm getting PAID!" lol

perfecttenn

I'm pretty excited about this collection, in part b/c I don't think I'll be getting anything from HK. Anyways, as far as the image...I don't have a problem with it. I mean at least MAC caters to women of all colors. I recently read a post about Stila and how they got of their darker shades in their foundations. I find this very contradictory considering that they have a new Barbie collection coming out, in which there is a black barbie w/ an afro as the face of it. The sugar sweet promo image doesn't offend me, mainly b/c it shows that woc can have fun with bright colors too. We're always stuck with the bronzes, gold, deep reds and plums...and I honestely believe that their is more out there for woc with makeup shades. This is just my opinion on the whole deal, and I'm glad to see such an interest in the collection. Its been really helpful for me in deciding what I want from it.

Happy mac-ing ladies!